part 23

The bell on top of the bell made the familiar ding noise as I unlocked the door. Looking over at the bakery. It had been almost year since I last stepped foot in my home away from home. I always felt so at peace here. Talking to my regulars, the scent of freshly baked cookies, the sound of the bell, laughs filling the walls. God I've missed it.

It was finnaly Saturday. 4 days ago Danilo and I spoke about me coming back to work and I had 0 regrets. I placed down my bag on the counter while Danilo followed in with 2 of his men who sat down at the table to protect me. Danilo wanted to be with me to make sure there's no signs of an attack so that's what he's doing.

He followed me into the kitchen as I tied on my apron. "You wanna help me bake?" He looked at me groggily as I spoke. May I add its 3am. Since I had too make a whole new stock I had to get up extra early.

He simply nodded his head. I chucked an apron at him before looking in the pantry. I made some of my men, who would be joining us shortly aswell, go get some Ingredients before hand.

I grabbed all sorts of stuff and placed them on the counter. I began tipping stuff into bowls and rolling things out. By 6am we had croissants, muffins of all sorts, cookies, sandwiches, cakes and much more. 30 minutes untill opening time. Why not open it a bit earlier?

I swapped the closed sign round so it said open and watched as Danilo went and sat down on one of the chairs immediately closing his eyes and going to sleep. I chuckled softly before looking up as the bell dinged.

"Grace! It's been ages! Why have you been away so long, dear?" Dorothy walked in holding a newspaper and a huge grin.

"Lifes been a bit hectic I won't lie, but I'm back every Saturday and Sunday now! How comes your up so early then? You used to come at 7 30!" I chuckled whole leaning over the counter.

"Oh well I've been waking up early recently and today I decided I'd go get a newspaper, so I was walking back and I saw you were open again! Fastest I've walked in years!" She laughed sweetly.

"Well I'm glad to see you! I'm assuming your usual still?" I questioned with a smile.

"Actually make it 4 croissants and a blue Berry muffin, my son, daughter in law and grandson are visiting, the little one who they named Parker is a year old now and loves muffins! But enough about me! Whats going in with you? Surely with your pretty face you've found yourself a boyfriend by now?" The elderly women teased.

I chuckled as I bagged up her croissants, "Yeah I have actually, he's the dozey one on the table behind you." I teased and watched as she turned round to look at Danilo who was now drooling.

"Oh wow you've snagged yourself a good looking one, haven't you! As long as he treats you right that is!" The woman smiled while handing me a 20 dollar note. I opened my cash register and looked for her change, "Yeah he's a good-en! Love him too bits." I spoke while handing over the change.

"Well isn't that lovely! I'm glad your happy Grace, I'll see you tommorow then.." Dorothy walked off once again.

I crouched down next to my boy and fixed his messy hair before lowering my voice, "Sweetie I love you but your drooling on my tables.. just go home I'll be fine.." I rubbed his back helping him wake up a bit more.

"No not after last time.." he said while sitting up. I let out a small laugh and sat on his lap. "Your so silly Danilo Rodriguez.." I kissed his cheek and rested my head against his shoulder.

We didn't get any more customers for another half an hour so just sat there together before I got up to serve Maisey, she was a yesr younger then me and studying in law school at the moment.