31

So there we were. We were in the middle of sex when she suddenly stopped me, "I think my water just broke.. I don't know it feels like I'm peeing and apparently that's what it feels like." She sat up in the bed as I quickly passed her some of her clothes. I say her clothes, she's just been raiding ny wardrobe since she got pregnant rather then buying maternity clothes even though I offer.

"Fuck. Uh.. midwives! I need to call them! Wait shit I gotta get dressed!" I frantically exclaimed whike running around the room. I ended up putting on my grey jogging bottoms before returning to Grace's side who was in a hoodie and jogging bottoms.

*Grace's pov*

My husband sat to my side, rubbing my back while on the phone to the midwives. I wasn't having contractions yet but Danilo being himself was panicking. I rested my head against his shoulder and took a deep breath in an attempt to process that were going to be holding a small baby this time tommorow.

I then felt an intense cramping in my stomach just a few minutes later. "Fuck, fuck, fuck! Danilo! Fuck!" I hissed while reaching for his hand as comfort. He began yelling at his phone suddenly, "I DONT CARE IF YOU'VE JUST GOT FUCKING ENGAGED GET HERE NOW OR I'LL HUNT YOU DOWN AND KILL YOU WITH MY BARE HANDS." He hung up and turned to me. "Sorry mi amore." The boy placed a kiss on my cheek.

"Its fine.." I mumbled while taking another deep breath. "If there not here within an hour or two we'll have to go to the hospital.." I let out a whisper. I wasn't scared of him. I know he'd never hurt me. But this fucking kid is hurting me.

"Did you read all the books?" I questioned while looking at him.
"Uhm technaically yes.. I got my assistant to read it and send me all the key parts and pages that I needed to read..." I rolled my eyes at his laziness but still chuckled.

45 minutes passed and I was in immense pain. "It hurts! Danilo it hurts!" I sobbed. What was wrong with me? What was wrong with my baby? "Danilo help me! Please! It hurts! Take me to the hospital!" I begged him as he looked at me hopelessly. "I know mi amore. I've called an ambulence. They're trying to hurry. I'm so sorry. This is all my fault, I was pressuring you into having a kid! I'm sorry!" He apologised over and over again.

I wanted it to stop! It needs to stop! It hurts so much! Why isn't it stopping?! My stomach hurts! Next thing I know.. everything goes... dark..

*Danilos pov*

I feel Grace go limp in my arms. I look down and see she's unconscious. Shit! Shit! no! I raised 2 fingers to the side of her neck. Please! Please! Come on! She was still alive. Thank god. I carefully lay her down on her side and get one of my gaurds to get a wet cloth. I placed a kiss on her forehead, stroking her cheek with my thumb. Fuck. I knew something like this would happen. First a misscariage. Then bed rest. Now this. Whatever this is.

The gaurd returned and handed me the wet cloth, I placed it on her forehead hoping the sudden change of temperature will wake her up. And to my relief, it did. She slowly opened her eyes but immediately began crying again.

"Your okay.. I've got you.. I got you.." I repeated while helping her sit up. I heard the sirens not too far from here. Thank god. Within a minute paramedics had arived in the room and were putting her on a stretcher. I followed anxiously as they put her in the ambulance. "Are you the husband?" One asked me, I nodded my head and they gestured for me to get in next to her.

As they drove to the hospital Grace held onto my hand tightly as paramedics began fussing over her. I had no idea what they were doing. They kept attaching and detaching things. While I sat hopelessly watching. Unable to do anything.

We arived at the hospital about 20 minutes later. They took her into a room where a doctor examined her. Loads were talking and the only thing I heard was, "get her prepared for an emergency C-section. Now. I need her ready in 5 minutes." The head doctor left the room leaving me standing there confused.

A nurse approached me and reached for my arm. "Sir your wife's stressed out and asking for you we need you to calm her down so we can give some anesthesia." I quickly ran over to her and crouched down infront of her, grabbing her hand and kissing it.

"Danilo? Is that you?" She questioned. "Yeah, yeah it's me Mi amore.. everything's going to be okay. I promise. Do you remember that time at the beach? When we went swimming? Yeah.. think about that.. or you can think about the bakery. Remember when you went back for the first time in ages and I helped you bake.." I watched as a small smile appeared on her face, "and we got into a food fight that one time.." she said droorily.

"Yeah.. yeah that was fun.. uh.. the doctors are going to give you some more medicine so you won't feel anything.. can you he brave for me and let them?" I prayed she would because by the looks of it she'd hurt her and our baby if not. "You'll stay with me?" She half whispered. I simply nodded my head, "I'll always stay with you Mi amore. I'd never leave you." I smiled.

I watched as they injected her with the pain killers. "Thankyou so much sir. We've got to take her in now. If you come with me I can get you some PPE so you can come in aswell." The nurse spoke. I nodded my head and looked back at my wife, "Grace, look at me. I'll be back in just a second. I'll be 2 minutes. Your going to be okay." She nodded her head at me.

I quickly kissed her head before following the nurse and getting my PPE so that I could be in the room. I followed the nurse into the room where Grace was getting her C-section and immediately crouched down so she could see me. "I told you I'd be back mi amore." I smile at her.

"Is our baby here yet? I can't see anything cos of this sheet." She questioned. I stood up and looked to see what they were doing. "No not yet..." I say while crouching down once again. Suddenly a doctor spoke, "Ma'am I know your nervous but you've got to stop shaking. Sir can you calm her down again?"

I looked down at my wife and saw her anxiously biting her lip, "Hey, hey! Your fine. It's okay. The baby's gonna be fine. Your gonna be able to take them to the bakery and you can teach them how to bake there and we'll probably have another food fight! Oh and I messaged your mum, she's coming over soon with your family! Your gonna see your brother again. Everything's going to be fine." I kept talking to her the whole time to take her mind off what's happening.

Soon enough I heard the cries of our baby and stood up. "Its a boy!" The doctor announced while wrapping him up. "He's here! You done so well mi amore.." I kissed her cheek with a grin on my face

"Go make sure he's okay. Please" she pleaded. I nodded my head and walked over to where our baby was. "He's okay, right?" I asked one of the nurses who nodded her head and opened her mouth to start talking, "would you like to take him over to your wife?" She lifted him up ready for me to take him. I anxiously took him from the nurse and saw him looking up at me. I couldn't help but smile. He's adorable.

I slowly began walking towards Grace who had been watching me the whole time. She moved the blanket to see his face and I watched as she smiled. "You look like your daddy." She looked up at me once again and smiled. "You wanna hold him?" She nodded her head.

I placed her on my wife's chest and smiled as she raised a hand to rest on his back. Soon enough the sheet was put back down.

"Okay sir do you want to put Baby Rodriguez back in the crib and we'll roll him back to Mrs Rodriguez's room." A midwife spoke. I nodded my head and picked up our baby, putting him in the crib.