17: another fight

T.W: treating a wound (if that triggers anyone) and family fights.

Lexi's POV:
I heard Peter quietly sneak inside through the window after patrolling. He came inside not looking so well. I immediately took the first aid kid from under the bed.

"Are you hurt?" I ask even though I already know the answer.

"No" he replied back, groaning after I touched his face.

"Then why are there bruises all over your face?"

"Okay, fine. It hurts really damn bad, so if you could just please fix this up, that would be nice"

"Holding everything in doesn't help, you know."

"Can you shut up for once in your life?"

"Oh, sorry."

I start disinfecting the small cuts, and bruises. I told him to take his shirt off because I know there would be more cuts left there.

"Oh my god, is that blood?"

"...No?"

"Sounds very convincing"

I continued to do the medical stuff, which the author knows nothing about. After a while I was finally done.

"So what happened?" I speak up.

"So you see there were like 3 guys harassing a woman in an alley, and doing what I do, I step- I mean swing in, and start fighting the guys. While I was fighting the guys, I gestured to the woman to leave, so the guys that was attacked me used it as an advantage for him to hurt me."
He rambled.

"You know what?"

"What?"

"I'm too sober for this."

"You don't even drink."

"Maybe I should start."

"You haven't been yourself lately."

"It's fine."

"Stop pushing everyone away."

"It's 2 am, I'm tired. Goodnight." I said while getting in bed, trying to avoid the questions.

After a long night I finally let sleep consume me.

(A/N: another chapter, yay. Hope you liked it. Word count: 302)