33: the break up

(Tw: mentions of abuse, sa (sexual assault) and pedophilia)
Lexi's POV:
"What?!" Peter and I scream both at the same time.

Tears filled my eyes from what I heard. Is May actually gonna leave us with him?

I understand that it's been hard for her but... why does she have to leave us with this pedophile.

For the past couple weeks May had been working a lot more so Peter and I got abused more often.

I hate the fact that May "loves" this man.

Anyways aunt May just told us that she wants to break up with Cody, but she wants to leave us with him.

I have a feeling she knows about the abuse and it was some sick plan to get us away from her.

Anyways moving on to what is happening right now.

"Wha- why?" Peter asked.

"I can't take his behaviour anymore so-"

"We know but why would you leave us?" I cut her off.

"I can't take the responsibility anymore, I'm sorry."

"May! Don't you know what he has done to us? He has physically abused Lexi and I, he has sexually assaulted Lexi. Do you think we should be left with a guy like him?"

"There is no other choice"

"There's always a choice, May! You just don't want to deal with all of them!" I screamed.

Everyone was shocked by my tone. I didn't want to scream at her, but if she's giving us away to an abuser then I don't care anymore.

May packed her bags and left shortly after, without saying goodbye. Peter and I came up with a plan to get away from this shithole.

We waited until sunset and packed our bags with a couple essential stuff like clothes, food etc.

Then we snuck out of the window, and Peter swinged us to his favourite rooftop.

We were planning on staying there for a night and then after that we'll go out to look for a job and possibly save up for a new home.

Once we got to the rooftop I started texting Wanda. We started hanging out a lot more since our first "date".

We agreed on meeting up at a local coffee shop so we could tell her what happened. Just hoping we don't get kidnapped.

(A/n: hey everyone. I lost motivation to write so I didn't go on wattpad for a long time. But I'm back now and I got something in store for y'all.

Sorry for this chapter and I know I betrayed u guys but it will get better O promise.

Please eat and drink something (doesn't have to be much, just enough that you don't starve or get dehydrated) I know I'm being a little hypocritical but I care abt y'all. Also try to get at least 30 minutes of sleep pls.

Good night/morning/afternoon/evening to everyone :). Word count: 482)