06.

**Moxie**

The morning came and everything felt weird.
Going to Magna's.
Pretty much throwing myself at him after a sip of alcohol.
Going upstairs..
My face grew warm just thinking about how embarrassing I truly was acting.
I must have seemed desperate..
The next time I see him, I'll apologize so things won't be awkward for us when we're around each other.
But still..
I sat in my bed using my thumb to brush my bottom lip as my face burned thinking about the kiss.
What if it wasn't awkward for him..?

"Are you going to come eat breakfast or are you going to sit there with a flushed face?" I looked up to see Monty there looking at me.
My face only grew more warm.
"I'm coming." I said getting out of bed as Monty smirked softly.
"Uh huh, what exactly were you thinking about?" He asked me.
"Magna." I blurted out before slamming my hand over my mouth with wide eyes.

Monty went to say something but he froze as if noticing why I reacted how I just did.

Mistral stood right behind the other frowning right at us both.
"Are you really talking about that vampire scum, Moxie? After what dad just said the other night?" He frowned deeply at me.
I stood there frowning at the other.
"We weren't talking about them, what I meant to say was morning and it came out as Magna." I told him.
Mistral made a face.
"That makes no sense, you should know you're a horrible liar, and just between the three of us?" He leaned in frowning.
"I'd stop the live chatter about them before you piss dad off." He told us before heading to the dinning room.

I glanced to Monty who rolled his eyes looking at me.
"Ignore him, we can talk about them all we want when it's just the two of us." He told me following after our oldest brother into the dinning room.

"I spoke with him this morning and he agreed if we increase our numbers, we won't have to deal with those creatures." Dad was talking to mom, Lexi and Rhys who were listening to the other.
Lexi looked at him.
"But you don't want to over populate Crossroads with alpha's daddy, think about the other omega's. If we add in more alphas, they will only end up fighting with each other over the number of what's left of omega's." She said frowning.
Our dad was frowning at the other.
"Once we get rid of that problem, we will add more omega's and beta's to live here in Crossroads, I am only thinking about our kinds safety-"

"But what about the vampires who haven't harmed anyone and are living peacefully over in Cross Fade?" Monty questioned sitting at the table next to me as he frowned at the others.
Our dad frowned deeply.
"Are you honestly defending them right now? Monty, they kill-"
"Not all of them are bad, you can't honestly just kill those vampires who haven't done anything wrong-"
"Haven't done anything wrong?" Dad glared at the other.
"Montgomery, those vampires have killed our kind just because they wanted to, there isn't a single vampire who hasn't done anything good. Do not DEFEND them." He growled.

Monty frowned deeply at the other.
"Why do you have to get on their level? Why does there have to be violence? If they don't mess with us, we shouldn't mess with them. All you're doing is seeking blood." He said now.

"Monty, seriously, where is this coming from?" Zoe asked our brother who frowned at her in response.
"Our towns are split in two there is Cross Fade, and then there is our town. Crossroads, if you seriously bring in more alpha's to cross over into their town. That is you being the one in the wrong, especially when they haven't attacked in years." Monty was glaring at our dad now.
"All you're doing is being salty over the fact, a vampire kept Moxie from getting a cold two nights ago. He helped Moxie and you want to pick fights." He glared.

Dad was glaring at him which so was Mistral, Lexi and Rhys.
Mistral frowned before looking to dad.
"I wasn't going to say anything but obviously I have to," he glared at both me and Monty now.
"These two were late for breakfast this morning because they were talking about vampires, mainly the one Moxie was desperate to defend the other night." He said as my eyes grew wide.
"Mis-"

"Is this true? Are you two really talking about vampires?" Mom asked us frowning.
I glanced to Monty who was glaring daggers at the eldest before he frowned at her.
"Not that you'll take our word for it considering neither of us are alpha's-"
"Now wait a minute-"
"Yes, we were talking about vampires." Monty frowned at mom who's brows knitted with actual concern.
"Why would you talk about them? They're not good-"
"You can't sit there and judge every vampire out there, you can't say they're all bad when you won't even try to know them!" Monty glared.

"This is why the alpha's are coming here." Dad spoke up with anger in his voice.
"They will deal with the vampire problem and you two will drop this act where you defend them, you are an omega and a beta,"
I glared as dad frowned at me.
"Now act like it." He took a drink of his water and it was quiet at the table.

"Which reminds me, Moxie," his eyes fell on me now as I frowned looking at the other.
"Sir?"
"Because your full moon ceremony failed, when the alpha's arrive. You will have your chance to be picked by one of the others compared to the ones who ignored  you two nights ago." He told me as my blood ran cold.
"B-But what if I don't like any of the alpha's?"
"It does not matter if you do or not, you are an omega. Your only job is to please and produce." He said and I felt sick to my stomach.
"So my happiness doesn't matter?"

"Of course your happiness matters." Mom glared at dad before her eyes fell on me as her expression softened.
"Your dad is only being cruel because of the conversation from a moment ago, but Moxie, as an omega. You will be able to feel it if there's a connection between you and that alpha, you'll know it baby. But its the alpha's job to make sure you're the right one for them as well, and with you being an Ellison? You should have no problem getting picked."
Was that supposed to make me feel better?
What if I didn't even want to..

"What if I didn't want to be mated to an alpha?" The words left my mouth and I could hear others gasping.
I stared at my plate for a moment while feeling everyone's eyes on me.
Even Monty's, but that's probably because I looked like an idiot for even saying anything.

"If you don't want to be mated to an alpha, what pray tell do you want to be mated to then? Beta's are obviously optional, but you would never carry that beta's child." My dad's voice boomed in the room as I sat there quiet for a minute.
I was frowning softly.
"Does it have to be a wolf?" I questioned not being able to look at anyone at this point.

"What do you mean by that, Moxie?" I heard my mom's voice and I threatened to raise my head.
"I know you are not hinting that you wanted to be marked by a fucking vampire." I flinched at my dad's tone.
"Ace!"
"Is that it? Are you wanting to embarrass this family further by even SUGGESTING you want to be marked by something as disgusting as a vampire?" My dad questioned as my brows furrowed.
"I-"

"It was just a question dad." Zoe spoke up as my eyes fell on the blonde who sat across from me, her mate next to her with their attention on me.
"I'm sure Moxie was just wondering about his options, some omega's get scared at the idea of being mated for life by an alpha, there's no need to get upset at him for being curious." She spoke more softly than Lexi could ever dream of doing.
Next to Monty, Zoe was one of the other siblings I had who actually supported me in the best way she could.
"Evie was a little nervous being mated to me, but now we're okay." She smiled softly at the other blonde next to her who nodded with a soft smile.

"I was and now we're expecting a baby," her green eyes fell on me.
"Being an omega is scary, I've been where you are Moxie, but when that alpha walks into the room. Trust me, they'll be the one you want to stand next to always, and they will feel it as well. Some alpha's may come across harsh, but they tend to be big softies. I've witnessed your older brother and Devin countless times being cute towards each other." She grinned at Mistral who choked on his water.

"E-Evie-"
"I'm just teasing you, Mist. It honestly eases the unwanted tension in the room, we all seemed a bit tense and making jokes usually helps lighten the air a little." She said taking a sip of her own water.
"Moxie, sweetie, you will know who you are connected to when they walk into the same room as you, so don't stress so much right now." Evie told me as I blushed but nodded.

My mom looked grateful towards Zoe and her mate who nodded in her direction.
It did make things easier after breakfast.
But.

Zoe and Evie were in my room hours later with crossed arms.
And to make it worse.
Monty had involved himself to back me up in case I needed some kind of support.

"You're not attracted to vampires, are you, Moxie?" Zoe asked me as Monty frowned at her.
I frowned softly.
"I.. I don't know."
Her brown eyes grew wide looking over her shoulder at my closed door.
She was listening to make sure we were good to talk before her attention fell back on me.
"Moxie-"

"Don't tell dad." Monty cut her off as Zoe looked at him shocked.
"You know?"
Monty's arms crossed looking at her.
"Yeah, I've been in his corner since the other night after dad humiliated him." He told her.
Zoe was stunned standing there.
Her eyes fell back on me.
"Is this true?" She asked me.

I frowned at her looking to Monty before looking back at her and with a soft sigh I just shrugged.
"I don't know, we went to a party last night-"
"You what?" She was horrified.
"And I made out with Magna." I cut her off as she stood there looking like she was going to faint any minute now.
"I really think I like him Zoe, and I think he likes me. The only thing keeping us separated from each other is our family." I told her.

Zoe stood there covering her mouth with knitted brows and wide eyes looking at me.
"Moxie, I-"

"We support you." Evie cut her off as my sister looked at the other like she was insane.
"We do?" She asked her mate.
Evie glanced to the other and with a soft smile, she returned her attention back to me.
"Yes, we support your brother, he's been like a little brother to me since the day you brought me home. I don't understand his attraction towards them, but if this is something your brother is sure about. It's our job to support him in the best way we can." Evie told the other.

Zoe stood there biting her thumbnail.
"This feels wrong no matter how you look at it, what happens if dad finds out? Or even Mistral or Lexi? Those two won't stay quiet, you know they won't. And Millie? She'll squeal if pushed enough." She was beginning to pace.

"You two haven't had sex have you?" She asked and my face caught fire looking at her.
"N-No, I just got buzzed, I've only known him for a few days!" I hissed lowly.
Zoe was frowning before looking to Evie.

"If our dad finds out, we're all screwed, you know that right?" She asked her mate.
Evie smiled, bringing her hand to her belly.
"I've been prepared to be kicked out since you introduced me to your dad. He never wanted us together, he wanted you with an male omega. He doesn't have to say anything, but it's obvious he's disappointed we're together, but my parents have money and they're more than prepared to help us." Her eyes fell on me and Monty next.
"All of us, I'm not scared to lose my last name as an Ellison, I'm scared to put my baby in danger." She told Zoe whose expression softened.
"Our baby." She corrected the other.
Evie blinked but she smiled softly.
"Right, our baby..." She looked away before looking at me.

"You do what you have to do baby and if shit hits the ceiling? Your big sis Zoe and I will get you out of this mess, I just ask that you make sure that this vampire of yours, is really worth everything you're risking on losing." She told me.
I froze but nodded with a soft smile.
"I'm working on figuring that part out, when I know he's worth it, I'll let you know." I told her.
Evie smiled with a nod, her expression was soft as she took in my room now.

"Just be careful with this experiment of yours, and don't act careless." Zoe said now looking at me with crossed arms.
"Dad was serious about those other alpha's coming to town, I don't want you putting yourself in danger by being out and around vampires. It won't end well if anyone else besides the four of us finds out what you're doing." She told me.
I frowned softly but nodded.

"I know." I responded.
Zoe was hesitant but the two of them soon walked out of my room, leaving me and Monty there as he turned to me.
"We'll figure it out." He told me.
I went to respond but paused at the sound of my phone dinging.
I blinked taking my phone out and went to the messages.

"Magna?" Monty questioned.
I clicked on the number not saved in my phone before feeling my face growing warm.

[Magna]: Hey, are you free to hang out? Your brother is invited obviously, me and some friends are going to a cafe in Cross Fade, and I wanted to see if maybe you wanted to come?
I smiled softly at the message before my eyes fell on my brother.

"We have plans." I told him.
Monty blinked.
"Where at?" He asked.
I nibbled my lip grinning.

"Cross Fade."