16.

**Monty**

"You said we were visiting your family in Moon Rose, but why haven't we ever heard you talk about them?" I found myself questioning in the front seat next to our mom who was watching the road.
She glanced to me.
"Your uncle and I fought a lot growing up, he didn't want me to be another brainless omega like the rest, so when he found out I was in love with your dad. He threw quite the temper." She told us as I frowned softly.
"And you didn't see that as a hint that maybe dad wasn't meant for you?" I asked her.
She blinked.
"If your dad wasn't meant for me, you problem children wouldn't be here." She told me with a soft smirk.

I smirked back.
"True, but if you didn't submit and chose someone else who wasn't dad, you'd probably be happier." I told her.
Her brows furrowed.
"You don't think I'm happy?"

"Are you kidding, auntie?" Asta questioned in the backseat as he sat next to Moxie.
"The moment I walked through the doors and you saw me, this sadness was written all over your face!" He told her.
She blinked before frowning.
"I was sad because of the situation with your cousin, Asta, but after last night. I'm choosing my children's happiness over what Ace wants." She looked at Moxie who sat there looking back at her.
"Which is another reason on why we're going to see our other family, its a break I think we could use, and I'm sure your parents will be happy to see you, Asta." She told him as he frowned but nodded.

I sat there for a moment before looking out the window.
"Are you going to leave him?" I questioned not wanting to see her expression.
She was quiet.
"I don't know, there's a lot going on for us Monty, if I leave your dad..." She went quiet again as she stared ahead.
"Let's stop talking about it, we're almost there." She said blinking away the tears that were burning her eyes.

We drove up to a two story house where this man stood outside the house staring at our moms car.
She was hesitant on getting out before she turned and looked at the four of us.
"Stay here and let me talk to my brother." She told us.
We frowned but nodded as she got out of the car.

"He definitely seems more intimidating than your dad." Magna commented next to Moxie who smirked softly.
"We've only met her brother once and that was years ago. I think him and our dad got into a fight over the salad or something? But our mom hasn't stayed in touch with him either." He said as I sat up front frowning.
"I heard they had two kids, one is an alpha and the other is a beta." I added.

We watched mom talking to our uncle and it looked like they were arguing at first, you could see the anger in his eyes and the sadness in hers.
He was yelling before he was grabbing her and the two were hugging.

"I've never seen auntie look so sad before." Asta commented as my brows knitted watching our mom walk back over to the car.
She smiled softly.
"Okay, come meet your uncle." She told us.

We got out of the car where the blond stood in his same spot, watching us for a moment.
His blue eyes were harsh the closer we got.

"I thought you had six kids, Laurie?" He questioned and his voice was a lot softer than I was expecting.
She frowned at him.
"I do, four of them are more on their dads side about what's been going on lately, but these are my two youngest sons. Monty and Moxie." She told him before looking at us.
"Kids, this is your uncle Blitz." She told us.

Our uncle Blitz stared at the two of us before his eyes fell on Moxie's mate.
"And you are?" He looked at Magna who blinked before stepping past Moxie.
"I'm Magna Grimes, your nephew's mate." He told him.

Blitz blinked before he smirked looking at our mom.
"I can see the reason you brought them here now, I'm guessing Ace is still a typical stuck up bastard who thinks he's always right, and that if it doesn't go his way, it's no way?" He questioned looking at our mom who frowned crossing her arms.
"You know he wasn't always like that Blitz, he's gone through a-"