15.

**Moxie**

I was sick to my stomach standing in the yard of my house.
I didn't want to go inside.
I knew what was waiting for me.
And it wasn't a hug.
It was anger and shouting.
But despite how scared I felt.
I was calm with Magna standing next to me, his hand holding mine.

"It will be fine, the first minute they try hitting you or anything like that? We're leaving. We will bring Monty and Asta with us if you want, but tonight will be the end of you being an Ellison. Are you ready for that?" He asked me.
I frowned deeply.
"I've been prepared since the day we found out I was an omega." I looked at him with knitted brows.
"But if I have you in my corner, nothing else matters." I told him.
He blinked before smiling softly.
"I'll always be in your corner." He told me as we began moving forward.

I pushed the front door open and could feel the tension in the air.
I could hear the harsh whispering as I tried to breathe.
The family room was right ahead of us and I could see Millie in the corner with her mate, Hailey.
They both spotted me before seeing Magna and nothing but concern filled my sisters eyes.

Magna squeezed my hand the moment we stepped through the family room and all you could hear were shocked and alarmed gasps.
I didn't know who to look for but for some reason.
My eyes landed on my dad of all people.
And he looked furious seeing who I was standing with.

"I wanted this to be an early April fools joke, but it seems the only joke here is my youngest son." He commented coldly as I frowned deeply.
"I'm a joke for being happy?" I asked him.
He narrowed his eyes at me.
"This creature makes you happy over the alpha I handed you on a silver fucking platter?" He growled at me.

"I never asked for you to give me anyone!" I cried standing there looking at him.
"I didn't even have my future planned out, you and mom were the ones who decided you would control who I would be with! But to your disappointment, I fell in love with a vampire." I said bitterly looking at them.

I watched Mistral step towards us but Magna let out a soft growl shoving me behind him.
"Because I'm alone, the only thing I can do is tell you to back off, I won't let you near Moxie." Magna growled with a tight grip on my wrist glaring at my brother.
Mistral glared at him.
"You think I'm going to step back because you told me to?" He smirked stepping forward but my eyes grew wide the minute his mate, Devin, stepped in front of him frowning.

"What are you-"
"You're embarrassing the family by acting out right now Mistral, unless your dad commands it, there should not be any more drama than there already is." He said.
Mistral's eyes grew dark.
"Are you really defending those two?"
Devin looked to me and he frowned softly.
"I'm more or less making a point, back down. The vampire hasn't even done anything yet and he's clearly outnumbered. All you're doing is making an ass out of yourself." He said.
Mistral's eye twitched before he glared at us.
And just like that.
Mistral was stepping back.

"How much compulsion do you have my brother under you piece of shit?" Lexi growled next glaring daggers at Magna who frowned at her.
"I would never use compulsion on someone like Moxie, I prefer not to use it period." He frowned deeply at her then at my parents.

"Moxie may be this big disappointment to you, but he's the best thing that's ever been in my life. I know wolves and vampires don't agree with each other unless you live in Moon Rose, but my entire life we've lived in peace. We've never bothered anyone. Finding your son at the pond was just a coincidence on my behalf, we hunt in the woods and go after the dying animals. I don't kill just to kill for the blood, I've tamed myself for years on being able to live without it." Magna frowned deeply holding my hand.
"You can stare at me and judge him for not choosing an alpha, for embarrassing your family name, but at the end of the day. He is still your son, he is still a person. Just once, can't you put aside your differences on how you feel towards the vampire culture, and actually just support your son and his life choices?" Magna questioned standing there frowning deeply.

"Did you really come here uninvited to scold us on how we raise our children?" My dad glared harshly at him.
Magna's brows furrowed.
"That's hardly what I was doing, I want there to be peace between us. I don't want your son to lose his family because he's in love with me." Magna frowned at him.

"You want there to be peace?" My dad smirked at him.
"You want wolves and vampires to hold hands and sing kumbaya?" He asked Magna who was glaring softly now.
"What's wrong with that idea? The vampires are prepared to live as equals in Cross Fade if you will stop trying to force a war between us. We don't want to fight anyone." Magna looked at me with knitted brows before looking at them.
"We haven't for a long time, and we've tried proving that to you countless times, but you keep looking for a reason to fight us. And your newest one is because your son fell in love with the opposite race?" Magna frowned deeply.

"Vampires and wolves do not belong together, they create hybrids and that's another problem we don't need." My mom spoke up now as Magna frowned at her.
"You mean Eve's?" He frowned.
"Those are rare and not every wolf vampire couple are capable of creating a rare child like that-"
"You say that yet, the vampires are who want the Eve's to be created." She glared at him.
"You use the wolf partner and the moment the baby is born and confirmed an Eve? You kill your mate." She said bitterly and my heart began racing.
I looked at Magna who glared.

"You think I'd kill your son over a fucking hybrid? I don't want that kind of attention! I would choose Moxie over the child." He glared harshly.
I wanted to relax but my head was spinning standing there.
I've never even heard about an Eve until now and the thought of having a hybrid was both scary and exciting.
But..
Even though he said it.
Would Magna really choose me over our child?

"I want to know how a vampire can fall in love with a wolf, surely you're just after power or money?" My dad smirked at him.
"If it's money, I'll write you a check right now-"

"You can't do that because we're marked!" I yelled with my blood boiling standing there as I glared at him.
I watched my family's expressions change into actual shock as I stood there glaring.

"I won't stand here and let you try to pay my mate off so he won't be in my life! I know I disappointed you, but just so you know? You've disappointed me too!" I yelled as tears burned my eyes the moment Monty walked into the room with Asta and he froze seeing me and Magna.

"We've disappointed you?" My dad growled.
"How-"
"You really need reasons on how?" I glared.
"How about the fact you made Monty lie his whole life about his tag!" I screamed standing there and suddenly our mom was looking at my dad confused as were our siblings.

"What is he talking about?" My mom asked him and I could feel my brother's eyes on me, they were wide with tears as I frowned at my dad.
"Nothing, he's desperate to get out of this situation, so he's going to lie." He growled as I glared back.
"No, you just don't want to hear how much of a monster you really are! When Monty's results came back the first time, dad paid the doctor to have Monty take the test two more times and the third time, dad made Monty lie about his tag." Tears slid down my cheeks looking at our dad with anger in my eyes.

"Monty is an omega, not a beta." I told them and my mom looked like she was going to fall over right there.
My dad was glaring harshly at me as I glared back.
"You told Monty to stay quiet, you made him stay away from single alpha's because you didn't want to acknowledge your two youngest sons were both omega's!" I growled through gritted teeth.
"But I was never told to be quiet, you want to judge me for falling in love with a vampire? I'll judge you for making my brother's life hell, just so your image wouldn't fall apart!" I yelled at him.

"Tell me it's not true, Ace." Our mom was looking at him with knitted brows.
"Tell me it's not true that you made Monty act like a beta this entire time." She had tears in her eyes.
Our dad was quiet as he stood there glaring harshly at me before he looked at our mom.
He frowned.
"It's true."
The only sound you could hear was the sound of my mom's hand connecting to my dad's face as hard as she could.

He stood there with his jaw ticked while looking away from our mom who was glaring harshly at him.
She had tears in her eyes.
"I always thought you were harsh with him being a beta, you never acted like that towards Rhys. You never locked Rhys up like you did with Monty, I don't know how I could be so blind?" She looked at Monty with tears in her eyes.

"You've been an omega this entire time?" She stood there as the tears slipped.
Monty looked to me before he looked at her frowning softly.
"Dad wouldn't let me tell you.. He said that if I did, we would have a problem." He told her as our mom glared harshly at our dad.
"Oh really?" She growled glaring at the other now who frowned at her.

"I wasn't thinking back then-"
"You weren't thinking?! He is our son!" Mom screamed at him then looked at me.
"They're both our sons, Ace! You refused to talk to Moxie for eight years and you made Monty lie for ten years! All because they are omega's?!" She cried looking at him.
"How could you be this heartless?" She stood there trembling.
Our dad frowned before he glared at me.

"Are you happy now? You've ruined-"

"Don't you dare blame Moxie over this!" Mom screamed shoving dad back now as she glared at him.
"You practically threatened Monty into silence so he couldn't tell us he was an omega, if it wasn't for Moxie. Monty would still be lying about his tag!" Her brows knitted before she was pinching the bridge of her nose.

"I can't believe this, I can't believe you!" She looked at him with hurt in her eyes.
"Are you ashamed of me and Millie as well, because we're omega's?" She demanded.
Our dad glared.
"Of course not!"
"Then what's the difference between them and us?!" She glared.
He glared back.
"Men should not be omega's! They should not be a part of carrying children!" He growled.

Mom stood there shocked.
"That's your problem? You don't want to see our babies with buns in the oven because they're boys?! Do you realize how much of a piece of shit that makes you sound?" She glared at him.
"If our boys are okay with being pregnant and having children, then you should support them! Not judge them like a heartless asshole." She stepped back from our dad with anger in her eyes.

"I love you Ace I do, but I do not want to be around you right now." She glared at the other.
"Laurie-"
"Don't Laurie me!" She screamed at him.
"We had six children together, Mistral is the oldest and Millie is the youngest, you've always been focused on images and your reputation, that it's no wonder Moxie would rather be around vampires!" She ran her fingers through her hair before storming from dad who reached for her but she snatched her hand from him.
"DON'T!" She growled at him before she cautiously walked up to me and Magna.

"I don't know if this family will ever accept you because of your race Magna, but if my son loves you and you love him? I will find a way to support you." She glared in my dad's direction.
"I've been blind here lately to see whats right and wrong, but seeing you two? I can clearly see, you two are right." She looked at me with this sadness in her eyes.

"I'm sorry for trying to shove someone on you when you were this serious about this one." She looked at Magna with a sad smile.
"You look great together." She kissed my cheek walking to the archway.

"Laurie, where are you going?" Our dad demanded glaring in her direction with this hurt in his eyes.
She stopped and turned to him.
"I have family in Moon Rose I'm going to stay with." She looked at me and Magna.
"I don't want to be around you for a few days Ace, you've.." She let out a shaky breath.
"You've just really changed my opinion on how I'm seeing you right now." She said leaving the room and I wasn't sure why.
But I followed after her with Magna right on my heels.

I  stood at their bedroom door that was open and she was throwing her clothes inside of it.
Tears slipping before she paused and just let out this sad cry standing there.
I frowned deeply.

"Mama-"
She let out a startled gasp turning to me.
"Moxie, why did you-"
"I'm sorry." I frowned at her with knitted brows.
"I shouldn't have said anything-"
"No baby." She walked up to me looking at me.
"You did the right thing by calling your dad out, now that Monty is able to be an omega, he can start living his life." She looked at me and Magna.
"Just like you two are doing." She smiled sadly as I frowned at her.

"You're not going to throw me away for being with Magna?"
She dropped her clothes and wrapped her arms around me.
"Never will I ever throw you away for fighting for someone you love, it will take me some time, but as long as you two treat each other right." She looked at us.
"I'll support you." She smiled softly at me.

I smiled back.
"You don't know how much that means to me." I told her.
She caressed my cheek with a smile.
"No, I think I do." She smiled softly grabbing her clothes.

She went back to the bed and paused before looking at me and Magna.
"How about the two of you come with me to Moon Rose? It'll get us away from both towns for a few days." She said now.

I blinked looking to Magna who seemed just as surprised by the suggestion.
"A road trip sounds like fun." He shrugged.
I smiled softly looking back to my mom.
"We're in." I told her.
She smiled before her eyes fell behind us and we turned to find Monty and Asta peeking around the corner at us.

"Roadtrip home?" Asta questioned as my mom smiled at him.

"Roadtrip home." She agreed.

Maybe this will give us the break we need.
..
Hopefully.