09.

**Magna**

I wasn't sure what time it was when I felt the bed shifting underneath me.
I wanted to keep my eyes closed and enjoy the coolness of the room.
But when I felt his lips on my cheek.
I couldn't help but feel my eyes slowly opening looking at Moxie who seemed panicked at first.

"Sorry, I didn't mean to wake you." He told me and his voice was quiet, almost a whisper like he was worried we would be heard.
I gave the blond a tired smile looking at him.
"Leaving so soon?" I questioned.
I watched his cheeks gaining color.
"I would stay longer, but.."
"I know." I yawned looking at him.
"I don't want you to get in trouble, what time is it?" I yawned sitting up and my eyes fell on the alarm clock reading, four am.

Moxie was hesitant standing there before he was looking for his clothes.
"Will I see you again tonight?" I teased the other who looked over his shoulder at me with more of a flushed face.
"I'll try to get away." He told me as I smiled sitting on the edge of the bed now.
"If you want to try this every other day or something, we can, just to keep your family and nosy wolves from snooping around. I'd hate to get you in trouble." I stood up and walked over to the smaller male who looked up at me with knitted brows.
"But I want to see you more than this." He frowned.
I blinked before smiling.
"I'm still not used to you being open about your feelings like that," I smirked softly caressing his cheek as he fell into the touch.
"I like that though." I told him.

Moxie looked at me with his soft hazel blue eyes that could trap anyone in.
"I like you." He told me.
I grinned softly looking to the window.
"I like you too, but if you're worried about being seen. You should go. The moment the sun starts coming up, your race will be out and about. I don't want you to be seen and you need to get my scent off you." I told him as he blushed but nodded.
He nibbled his bottom lip as I watched the other before leaning in and I pressed my lips against his.
He was blushing the entire time as I smiled gently pushing him away.

"Go home Moxie, I'll call you later." I said now.
He was hesitant but nodded letting his hand slip from mine as he walked to the hotel door.
He stood there for a moment and with a sigh.
I watched him slip out and the room grew colder.

I stood there frowning before walking over to the bed and took a seat, brushing my fingers through the front of my hair. I laid back and stared at the ceiling.
I should have marked him.
I should have made him mine and we could of dealt with the drama afterwards.
But..
I don't want to scare him away or ruin whatever this is.
This feeling where I want to keep him safe.
Where I want to keep him wrapped in my arms and I can hold him close.
Damn it.
I miss him already..

"So you guys had sex?" Emmy questioned at the cafe as Colt choked on his soda and Jensen was making a face while Colt's mate handed him some tissues.

I sat across from Stetson who had his mate in his lap, fast asleep looking right at me as I looked at Emmy with a frown.
"We did-"
"Then why don't you seem satisfied? Was he bad at it?" She asked me.
I glared softly.
"No, I'm upset he walked through the door and went back to that god awful family of his." I said frowning.

"Not all of them are awful." Joshua chimed in walking over with his coffee before taking a seat.
My eyes on the other blond.
"Are you talking about his brother, Monty?"
Joshua smirked softly.
"Yes, you know the other omega? Except unlike Moxie, Monty is being forced to act like a tag that he isn't." He said.

Emmy made a face.
"Being forced? Josh, explain." She frowned.
Joshua looked at her.
"To make the long story short, Ace doesn't like the fact his last two sons were born omega, but because of a doctor, the doctor told Ace to make Monty act like a beta which fucked his instincts up as an omega. They kept him away from alpha's and wouldn't let him know what romance was, it took a lot of phone calls and texting to find that shit out." He said.

It made me feel sick to my stomach sitting there now.
"So those two are living in actual hell and Ace Ellison is Satan? It all makes sense now." I frowned taking a sip of my coffee with a soft glare.
Emmy frowned at me.
"I thought you were going to convince Moxie to come stay with you?" She asked me.
I looked at her.
"I did ask him, but he put a bit more thought into it, so for right now to play it safe and keep him comfortable. We're going to meet up at my parents'hotel." I explained.

Jackie arched a brow.
"Or you know, you could just bring him to your parents house?" He suggested.
I looked at the other.
"I'm not ready for someone like him to meet my family, I can handle Katia, Midori and Cadence. But Rogue and Sin? Yeah no, I feel like that'll be too much for him." I said with crossed arms.

"So you two are going to meet up at your parents hotel like Romeo and Juliet because her dad said no? Which cousin is going to die? I'm just curious." Stetson smirked at me.
"Don't forget the fact Juliet fakes dying and Romeo ends up killing himself to be with her." Jensen added in as my eye twitched.
"It won't be like that." I said now watching Stetson's mate's green eyes slowly opening as he yawned softly looking right at me.

"Is this omega worth the trouble you're going to get yourself involved in, especially if more alpha's are coming to town to supposedly kill us?" He asked me stretching against Stetson who stayed still.
I looked at him frowning.
"He's worth it, those wolves don't scare me." I frowned deeply.

"Oh no?"
I paused looking over my shoulder to where this pale boy stood with scruffy brown hair and light gray eyes, he almost looked like a doll.
Just based on his pretty face, automatically I knew what he was.

"What's an omega doing over here on his own?" Jensen asked the brunet who looked up at him, he shoved his hands into his jean pockets.
"I just came into town, took the scenic path and that usually involves crossing through Cross Fade. I didn't think I'd walk into a conversation like that though." He smirked softly looking at the menu.

"What do you guys recommend here?" He questioned with crossed arms as if taking the options in.
I looked to the others who shrugged.
Emmy smiled.
"Do you like iced or hot drinks?" She asked him.
He turned to her with a grin.
"I'm a sucker for both, I like it sweet but I also like it bitter." He told her.

Emmy left Colt's side and walked over to the other looking at the menu now.
"I usually get a strawberry cream frappe, if you like strawberry milk, it tastes like that." She told him.
The brunet nodded, taking that in before he walked up to the register and ordered the strawberry frappe before walking back over to our table with Emmy.

"I'm surprised you're not freaking out being in the same room as us, honestly that's what all the wolves do nowadays except for two." I said now.

The brunet blinked.
"Oh?" He smiled softly.
"Well over at Moon Rose we're not separated like you guys are, we live in one community and deal with it. I think that's one reason we left this place the first time, the moment my uncle took over Crossroads and started pointing fingers at the vampires for no reason, my parents grabbed me and we left." He explained.

I looked at him curiously.
"Your uncle?"
The brunet blinked.
"Oh yeah, he's pretty popular unfortunately." He smirked.
"Ace Ellison is my piece of shit uncle who I wish would just fall over dead already." He shrugged.

Everyone could feel it.
He may be related to Moxie and Monty.
But he was nothing like them.

"So if Ace is your uncle, how is your relationship with his kids?" Emmy asked him being the mind reader she is.
The omega looked at her.
"I'm pretty close to my younger cousins Monty, Moxie and Millie." He thought about it.
"Mistral, Rhys and Lexi are assholes who I don't like being around and Zoe is always in the middle." He shrugged.

"I don't visit enough and I just found out the full moon ceremony happened recently so being the nosy minx I am, I wanted to see who all found mates and who's still single." He smirked.
Emmy was smiling at him.
"There's nothing wrong with being curious about your family, you know... um, wait, what's your name, kid?" She asked him.

The brunet blinked before he let out an awkward laugh.
"Right! Here I am talking to you guys without even introducing myself, the names Asta Rayne. Obviously you could tell, I'm an omega, but unlike most. I don't let alpha talk down to me like I'm their bitch." He shrugged.

Jackie was grinning from head to toe at this guy.
"I seriously like you right now." He told him.
I smirked at the other as Asta grinned at him.
"It is what it is, my parents are two hard ass alpha's who won't let me be weak around them." He said.

I made a face.
"Wait, your parents are two alphas, so how-"
"Ah." Asta face palmed.
"Right,sad back story time, so before I was born. My mom and dad were in a pretty nasty accident, details are unknown even to me, some kind of secret I guess? But my mom fell seriously ill after the accident, cliche I know. And unfortunately while eight months pregnant, she decided it was her time to go and I was inside her womb while she was dying and they pulled me out before it was too late." His arms crossed thinking about it.
"And after I was born, my dad got real bad depressed and apparently we came and stayed with uncle asshole for a while, I grew up here for a few years and my dad met another alpha, I guess they decided one kid was enough because they marked each other. So if I ever want another sibling, adoption it is!" He told us.

"Question." Rocky looked at him with knitted brows.
Asta looked at the other.
"Possible answer." He smirked.
Rocky grinned.
"Do you usually waltz into cafes and spill your life story to strangers or are we the first?" He asked him.
Asta blinked before rubbing the side of his neck.

"Well to be honest with you guys, back home at Moon Rose, my friends are mainly vampires and I don't know." He looked at us.
"You all just reminded me of them, I tend to be a bit more open then I should probably." He shrugged.
"At least that's what they tell me back home." He laughed.
I smiled softly at this kid.

"There's nothing wrong with being open, if they don't like it, they can kiss your ass." I told him.
Asta grinned.
"That's what I used to tell M and M all the time as kids, it's also why their dad isn't a huge fan of me because I don't act like a regular omega." He shrugged.

Emmy looked at him.
"If you're coming to visit, where will you be staying then?"
"Oh, with them," Asta grinned.
"I usually bunk in Moxie's room so I can talk shit about his dad and not hear him complain, because then Monty comes in and joins us. It's been two years since I've seen them last, Monty should be eighteen by now and Moxie should be sixteen." He said.
"How old are you?" I asked him.
Asta looked back at me.
"I'm in the middle," he grinned.
"So seventeen." He told me.

He looked over his shoulder as if listening for something before his eyes fell back on me.
"You actually smell a lot like Moxie." He said walking over to me as I frowned.
"Do I?"
He nodded looking at me.
"Uh huh, like you two have spent a lot of time together in another sense." He smirked softly.
"Not that it's any of my business, if you're who my cousin likes. I won't judge either of you, like I said. Moon Rose is the town where we can live equally without any problems." He went for the door before pausing.

"If you and my cousin are trying to be something serious, you may want to consider moving there, Ace is a real piece of work and I don't want to see my cousins heart break if his dad steps in and has you killed. I know what alpha's are coming to town, and they're not the kind I like to associate myself with." He told us as I frowned at him.

"Church Rhodes is the one you should watch your back with, he's a snake and the one my uncle is interested in for some reason, but I also know things regarding Church and why he's really interested in coming to Crossroads." He said.
I made a face.
"Care to share with the class on what you know?" I asked him.

Asta smirked softly at me.
"Sorry, but that would give away the best part. I'm staying here long enough to see if he's as serious as the gossip on the streets talks about." He grabbed his coat from the rack putting it on while looking at us.
"Just know if the tension falls off your race and onto our own? It's because Church pulled through and a lot of shit is fixing to go down." He grinned.

"Choi until next time." He said walking out of the cafe.
Leaving us in silence for a moment.

"I really like that kid." Jackie commented as Rocky glared at him.
"Oh yeah? Who do you like more, me or that wolf?" He asked him.
Jackie smirked wickedly.
"The wolf obviously." He teased as Rocky growled in response.

I rolled my eyes looking at the door as I frowned.
Maybe Asta will tell Moxie what's going on.
And then maybe I can try to talk Moxie into telling me what's happening.
So I can give my own race a heads up.

But still..
If it really came down to living peacefully among both wolf and vampire.
Could I really move to Moon Rose?
And..
Would Moxie come with me..?

I didn't like the storm that was slowly approaching us.
Just like I didn't like the fact, there were more alpha's fixing to pour into Crossroads.
If that was the case.
Then it would put more of a target on Moxie because he wasn't marked by anyone.
I could feel that anger pulsing back through me the longer I sat there, thinking about it.

I won't lose Moxie to an alpha wolf.
I'll step in before that happens.
Even if it means I have to kill.

Again..

//
Hey guys, what is up!
H.Stowe here with some news and a few notes before I end chapter 09.
First off, can I say wow on the reads I've been getting from this story?
It makes me excited to get each chapter out for you guys, seriously.
I love the love and support it's gotten thanks to you guys!
You are awesome!
Now.
Here comes the news.

Tomorrow is Thanksgiving and Friday will be Black Friday so you know, lots of family time and spending money ':D.
So chapters 10&11 will be postponed until this weekend!
I have a real busy day for the next two days and that just gives me more time to brew up more tea for A Vampire's Omega.
I've had a blast writing this story so far.
And adding little Asta Rayne is only going to add more sauce to this book of mine.

So with that said.
I hope you guys have an awesome Thanksgiving and I'll have chapter 10 up on Saturday!
Bye guys! <3

H.Stowe.