19.

**Moxie**

"You and Bane are going out for the day?" I questioned inside of the hotel the next morning watching my mom trying to get ready.
She turned to me brushing her hair.
"We are, will that bother you?" She asked us.
I glanced to Monty who was sitting up rubbing his eyes.

"Not really? But why the sudden interest in Bane?" He asked her.
Our mom was quiet looking at us, her eyes were on me for the longest time for some reason.
Before she gave us a soft sigh and smiled.
"We want to catch up before we return to Crossroads, I know you're not itching to return there, but we both have families waiting for us." Her eyes fell on Magna who blinked.

"Laurie, no one here is going to rush you being here, I honestly think every mom deserves a break every now and then, so I'm sure someone in that house can hold down the fort until you're ready to face facts that your husband hasn't called you once since you left." He said breaking the ice.

My mom was staring at Magna before she looked to her phone.
He wasn't wrong.
We've been here for nearly three days and dad hasn't called mom not even once.
It made me sick just thinking about it.
But ever since mom and Bane met back up, they've talked a lot the last day and a half.
Which was kind of cute.
Mom wanted her kids happy.
And I wanted her happy.

Would I be sad if she left dad for someone else, especially like Bane?
Nope.
I'd probably celebrate honestly.

She frowned before her phone dinged and I watched her eyes trying not to light up over the fact, it was Bane.
"He's here, I'll see you kids later. If you want food, my card is on the t.v. stand." She told us grabbing her coat as I smiled watching her head to the door.
"Have fun on your date!" I teased as she paused and looked at me, her expression is what threw me off.
She looked like she had so much to say to just me.
But she just smiled with a nod before walking out of the hotel room.

I sat there watching the door before glancing to my brother and mate.
"Well... That was a bit weird." I frowned.
Monty glanced to me.
"She has a lot going on, dad pretty much confirmed he doesn't care about her, so if for some reason. Her and Bane want to date? By all means, I'll support it." He shrugged.
"Bane is honestly a better person than dad could ever dream of being, he let that power get to his head and he obviously doesn't know what great things he has until they're walking out the front door." Monty frowned softly.
"Can we be honest for a minute?" He looked at me and Magna.

I frowned at him.
"Go for it."
Monty frowned at me.
"I want mom to leave dad." He said and my eyes grew wide.
"You do?"
He nodded frowning.
"I've seen how much more alive she's seemed since we've been here, especially after her and Bane met back up.. When we return home, that version of mom isn't going to exist. She'll go back to being that fake stuck up person who wants to please dad." He frowned.
I frowned looking at him.
"Maybe this date her and Bane are going on will shine some light on how she really feels? Mom deserves to be happy, just like we do." I smiled at Magna who smiled back at me.

"The most you two can do is just be her support right now, let her figure out what she wants, but don't shame her if she closes the door on Bane and chooses Ace. Only your mom knows what she wants." He told us.
Me and Monty looked at each other with knitted brows before looking back at Magna.
"We can still hope." I told him.

**Laurie**

"Did you tell him the news yet?" Bane asked me walking into the mall as I glanced to him holding onto my purse.
"No, not yet." I frowned softly knowing that probably disappointed the other walking next to me.
"Ever since Moxie turned eight and he learned he was an omega, Ace has pretty much hated him. He wouldn't talk to Moxie unless he had no choice, it was like being in the same room as him made Ace sick." I frowned deeply as Bane frowned at me.
"It's possible Ace knows Moxie isn't his and that's why he acted so cruel towards him."
"Please don't defend his actions towards how he's treated our son, Bane." I frowned at him.

Bane frowned at me.
"Well if I had it my way, I would demand for split custody if anything considering Moxie is only sixteen, but I feel like if I tried something like that. His son or not, I'm sure Ace would find some way to end my life." He said as I tried not to smile.
"I'm sure he would as well." I agreed.
Bane looked to me as we walked past the people in the mall.
"Still though, I'd like for Moxie to know I'm his dad and not Ace. I feel.. I feel as if that would make him feel some kind of ease." He told me as I glanced to the other.

"And what about his relationship with Magna? They decided to mark each other and that's another reason we came here, before Ace or his older siblings tried to kill them." I said with crossed arms.
Bane's brows furrowed.
"I wouldn't throw him away if that's what you're asking me Laurie, if being with a vampire is what makes our son happy, then I don't care. I just hope they know the chances of creating an eve is possible." He said.

I frowned with a nod.
"We've already told Moxie about that, I was a bit harsher about it but that's before I finally stopped acting stupid and put my child first for once. I don't really know how those two feel about kids, but with them being marked as young as they both are? It may be a few years before they even consider something like that." I said walking into the food court looking around.

Bane glanced to me grabbing two samples that were cheese sticks, before handing me one.
"Well as long as he's at least informed they can create a hybrid during sex, then I guess there's nothing more I can really say about them being together. Don't forget who I am Laurie," he smirked softly at me.
"I'm Bane Silver, not Ace Ellison. Who abuses power with money and uses money to control others. I'm more of a simple man." He shrugged.

I blinked but smiled softly thinking about it.
"How about tonight we tell Moxie then?" I suggested.
He looked surprised looking at me.
"You want to tell him, together?" He asked me.
I nodded looking at him.
"Moxie deserves to know who his real dad is, I'm not sure where he got his blond hair from, but he has your puppy eyes, Bane." I told him with a soft smile.
Bane arched a brow.
"Puppy eyes?" He smirked.
I smiled at him.
"Yes, the eyes where you only have to ask once and everyone is won over? Moxie got those eyes from you, he's a younger you written all over." I told him.

That didn't seem to disappoint the other hearing that as he smiled softly.
"He's not me all over Laurie, not if he can't tell just from the sight of me there was a connection." He told me.
I looked at him.
"That's because you two have never met before, so of course he won't sense that connection that you two are related." I informed the other.
Bane stared before he sighed.
"I suppose you're right." He shrugged as I smiled softly at him.

"If anything after we him the news tonight, maybe tomorrow you two can spend some time together so you both can try to learn about each other. You have sixteen years to catch up on and he has sixteen years to learn about who you are." I told the other.
He frowned softly at me.
"That's really not a bad idea, I wouldn't mind spending the day with him, but what about his mate? Do you really think Magna will let him go off with me while he stays at the hotel?" He asked me.

I frowned walking into one of the shops with Bane.
"If Magna really wants to win some of Moxie's family over, he'll know when he's supposed to step back or not. And I'm sure when Moxie learns you're his dad? He'll tell Magna himself that he'll want space just so the two of you can talk." I explained.
Bane nodded looking at some band t's, his arms were crossed glancing to me.

"Do you know Moxie's favorite band?" He asked me.
I blinked but frowned.
"He goes through a lot of different favorite bands especially being sixteen, I know he's a fan of that one band, um.. Death Punch?" I looked at him confused.
He looked just as confused.
"Do you mean Five Finger Death Punch?" He tried not to grin.
"That's the one!" I looked at him.
Bane chuckled looking more at the shirts.
"And here I thought he was more of a soft band type like Sleeping With Sirens." He said.

I looked at him.
"He may have been, I've never really kept up with his taste of music, but I know for a fact he's not into rap or jazz." I told him.
He smirked at that.
"He's definitely mine, I couldn't stand jazz and that's something you always tried to listen to in my car." He grinned as I smiled.
"I won't apologize for being the type who enjoys a good trumpet solo." I shrugged as he smiled at me.
"Uh huh." He grabbed a few band shirts and walked deeper into the store as I looked around.
"What store are we even in?" I asked trying to take in the scream'o playing in the background.

Bane stopped and turned to me.
"You walked into a store without even taking in the name first?" He smirked.
I rolled my eyes.
"Oh bite me, I just saw clothes and walked in." I argued.
Bane shook his head with a smile.
"We're in Hot Topic, that's what brought on the band t question." He told me.
I blinked before looking around and started noticing more teens in darker clothing, a lot of them had piercings in their face and others seemed too young for tattoos.

"Yeah, this isn't a store I've associated myself with." I said now.
Bane smiled.
"I'm not surprised Laurie." He said walking over to the cashier to buy the few items he had in his hands.

The drive back to the hotel was quiet as we sat there with soft music playing in the background.
I glanced to Bane then to my phone, frowning over the fact I haven't heard from Ace, not once since I left.
Was he that petty and self centered he couldn't give his wife a single phone call?
It was starting to make me feel more bitter towards the man.
To the point I didn't even want to return home.
Even though I had kids waiting for me.
Or at least I thought they were.
Because not even them have reached out to any of us.

We drove up to the hotel and sat there.
Bane was quiet as he stared ahead for a minute.
I watched him before he turned and looked at me.
"Move here, Laurie." He told me as my eyes grew wide.
"What..?"
Bane frowned at me.
"You'd be happier here, you could bring your kids as well and start over. But, leave Ace. You know deep down, he doesn't deserve you." He told me.

My brows knitted.
"Are you saying you do?"
"Of course not." Bane looked at me.
"I'm still in love with you sure and am I being selfish by telling you to move here? Of course I am, but I'm not saying I deserve you. I just know you deserve someone better than Ace Ellison." He told me.
I sat there for a moment and frowned.
"I.. I don't know Bane-"
"Would you really rather be miserable being fake in Crossroads? You know Blitz and Ivy would love it if you moved here, I'm sure Apollo and Jax would as well. We both know that Crossroads stopped being home after Ace took over everything and started controlling everyone with money, Moon Rose is a better place, not just for you. But for Moxie and his mate." He told me.

I sat there looking at Bane and with a shaky sigh I went to respond.
But something different happened.
He leaned over and his lips were on mine.
I wanted to shove him back.
I wanted to be angry he would take advantage of my feelings in that moment.
But everything he said.
All made sense.
I couldn't be angry because I knew what he was saying, was true.

I knew my boys would be happier here.
Ace had ruined everything..
And without thinking.
I was kissing Bane back.
I forgot how good he made me feel just from a single kiss.
He made me crave him in just that moment.
But reality slipped in and we were both breaking away from each other.

My face was flushed and for a moment he looked like he regretted what we just did.
But I.
I didn't regret it at all.

"Let's get inside." I told him in almost a whisper.
Bane watched me before nodding.
We got out in silence and walked up the stairs to go into the hotel room.

**Moxie**

My eyes were on my mom the moment she walked in with Bane.
The two looked like a mess and the two buttons on her shirt were undone.
Talk about taking it slow.
Yikes..

"Hey you guys, what did you order for take out?" Mom asked as I sat on the edge of the bed with Magna.
"We ordered pizza, it'll be here in a few minutes." I told her.
She nodded glancing to Bane and I was confused.

"Moxie, we need to talk to you." Mom told me as Monty and Magna looked at her confused.
"Do we need to step out?" Monty offered.
Mom looked at him before she shook her head.
"No, I'd rather you be here." She looked at Bane and with knitted brows her eyes were on me.

"Ace is not your dad." She told me.
I could feel my heart beginning to race sitting there with Magna's hand locked with mine.
I frowned at her.
"He's not..?" My brows furrowed feeling confused.
Mom frowned at me before she shook her head, her eyes glistening with tears.
"No baby, he's not." She looked at Bane who was looking at me.

"I am." He confessed and my eyes grew wide.

"What..?"