Old Friends

Marcys POV

Wrapping Sashas hands Grime questioned me, "What happened? You were next to her you must have heard or seen something!" He complained pacing back and forth, "I'm telling you with full honesty I only heard her leave the house! Nothing less nothing more!" I explained not taking my attention away from her hands, 'Why cant you just tell me whats wrong Sasha..?' I thought looking at her with sadness, did I do something wrong? I snapped out of my thoughts when she shifted, "Ugghh, frog my hands.." She complained wincing, "SASHA!" I yelped in excitement as I hugged her, Grime joined in on the hug, "Wha- Ow ow ow! YOUR CRUSHING MY HAND GRIME-" She yelled angrily as Grime let out a hearty laugh "I'm just glad you're okay.." Grime said with a smile, "Of course I'm fine jeez.." She waved off Grime, "What happened??" Sasha questioned, "Right uh-" Marcy let go of Sasha, "Thats what I was going to ask you haha.." She laughed with an awkward smile, "Well, if I don't remember its probably not important." Sasha shrugged, "Well its obviously importantl look how badly you screwed up your hand! Looks like that one time in cheer.. You remember it?" Marcy explained looking back on a fond memory before asking her if she remembered it, "Marcy there's a bunch of shit that happened in cheer what time are you talking about." Sasha answered blankly which the occasional wince as she moved her hand, "When you punched that one guy! Yknow! Wa pow! Boom!" She waved her hands around making sound effects to emphasize her point, "Oh! You mean when I got kicked off?? I think his name was Darrel.." She reminisced about the memory fondly despite the fact she punched a guy, "Uh.. yes.. But we have more important things to discuss.. I think we've ignored this for far too long lieutenant." He said his words hung heavy in the air as Marcy didn't seem to understand, "..I.. Yes.. I.. I ignore a lot of stuff.. which one do you mean.." Her mood quickly dissipated and her voice became sullen, "Percy and Braddock. You seem far more.. Effected then I thought you were..." Grimes gruff voice filled the silence that seemed so loud in the room, but 2 names were foreign to her.. Who was Percy? Who was Braddok?, before I could question another voice cut through the air, "Where.. Where do you think they are..?" She questions quietly her voice thick with concern, "They were in newtopia no doubt.. Probably ran away when the rebellion started its assault." He said his hand on his chin eyes narrowed as he thought of the multiple possibilities, "We should go look for them! You know they aren't strong enough on their own!" She stood up quickly voice laced with concern and a light hint of anger, "Sasha sit down! You're injured, you must rest before we search." He forced her down onto the coach again , "Are you KIDDING ME?! Percy and Braddock are out there maybe even dying and you want me to sit around and wait for them to just stroll out of the woods possibly fatally injured?!" Her anger rose quickly as her body did too, if she grit her teeth any harder one would think she could break them. "That is enough disobedience Lieutenant Waybright. This is an order as your superior now. Sit down and rest. At once." Grimes voice seemd cold before but now it felt like walking through the north pole with how cold it sounded, I wonder if this is how he sounded in the tower, before eveything fell. Sasha let out a sigh, it felt odd to see her give in easily to orders, but then again she was trained night and day to carry out any order without hesitation regardless if it was certain doom, still didn't mean she was happy about it, she sulked on the couch, the air that was thick with tension quickly became lighter, "Hey Grime.. Can I ask you soemthing real quick?" I stood up dusting off my pants, "Yes, since when would questions be forbidden?" He asked quizzically, I didn't answer as I pulled him out of earshot of Sasha, as a precaution, if what happened to her was because of this 'Percy' and 'Braddok' she didn't want to set it off again, "Okay.. Who the hell is Percy and Braddok? Did they cause what happened to her? Why did she seem so attached if she doesn't care about most Amphibians?" My questions came like rapid fire as the toad general grunted, "Calm yourself, I can answer your questions." He answered patting my shoulder, "Percy and Braddok we're two of the toads responsible for guarding her during her imprisonment." He explained as he sat on a nearby log, I nodded along with his sentence, 'So enemies? That doesn't make much sense.. Theres more to this story, I'll know then.' Is all I could think before having it cut off by Grime, "After the Battle of Toad Tower they had come with us into hiding, being the only toads who stuck by us. Sasha became very close with them during that time, I feel they were a stand in for you and miss Boonchuy." He explained futhur as my eyes slightly widend, 'A stand in?? Is that why she was so close to them? If they hadn't left Grime and Sasha then what happened to them?? Why would they be in Newtopia?' Thoughts swirled around my head each one cutting another off, 'I'll get my answers I'm sure..' I listened back to what Grime was explaining to me, "-nd that was the signal, but Sasha being close to her goal refused to listen, she pulled harder on the hammer, it dislodged and we managed to neutralize the beast, though not without some.. Causalities per say, Braddok and Percy had enough and refused to go on, they took off their One-Eye that symbolized our bond and left, Sasha was shocked and sad at first, of course being Sasha that morphed into anger, a violent scene I remember, she knocked a southern toad guard right out. But none the less I suppose.. I suppose it had left a bigger emotional scar then anticipated." The story came to a close with me standing in slight shock, "Any questions?" He questioned but it was more like a rhetorical question then an actual one, either way my answer would be the same, "I.. Ermm.. No, I don't.." I watched him get up and walk inside the phlanter home, I stayed for a minute or two before getting up and going inside aswell.. Every day seems to bring more questions then answers..