2

The following day was race day at the British Grand Prix and the three housemates were driving down together with Lando being the designated driver.

"I still can't believe you wore green." Lando said for what felt like the tenth time of their trip as he pulled his car into the Silverstone drivers' car park.

"Are you still talking about my outfit?" Millie wondered as she rolled her eyes once again.

"Are you still wearing green?" Lando asked in reply as he met her eyes through the mirror of the car.

"You should've said something before we left the house if it bothers you that much." The brown haired girl told him as he pulled into a car spot.

"I didn't see you before we left." Lando argued back.

"That's because you overslept and were running around like a headless chicken looking for your stuff." Millie said to the McLaren driver as they all started to get out of the car.

"And did either of you think of waking me? No." Lando replied as he closed the driver's side door.

"Hey. In our defence if we didn't live there then you'd still be late so what was the point?" Max spoke as Lando grabbed his backpack from the backseat.

"Still. Some friends you two are. What if I missed the race or something?" Lando said to his two housemates as they started to walk towards the paddock entrance as they all draped their passes around their necks.

"Bit dramatic there mate. But then you'd learn to set earlier alarms and stop snoozing them." Max told the F1 driver as they all took turns scanning their passes over the reader of the gate.

"I'm starving." Millie admitted as they walked through the paddock towards McLaren's
hospitality.

"No surprise there." Lando replied which resulted in him receiving a slap on the arm from the brown haired girl. "Ow. Stop hitting me."

"Stop making fun of me then." Millie told him causing Max to roll his eyes.

"How did you two not kill each other before I moved it?" Max wondered as he looked between the pair.

"This close." Both Lando and Millie spoke raising their hands at the same time and showing a tiny gap between their thumb and pointer finger.

"Come on you two." Max said as he pushed their towards the entrance of McLaren's hospitality building.

—————

The race ended with Lando narrowly missing out on a podium and coming home in P4 with Hamilton, Leclerc and Bottas on the podium after a crash between Lewis and Max sent the latter spinning into the barrier at 51G and over 180kph.

Daniel had done well and brought home his highest finish of the year just one place behind his teammate after fending off Carlos for majority of the race.

Max and Millie had watched the race from the McLaren garage where they could see the live, in race pit stops in person just a few feet away and see the footage on the various screens around the garage.

After the race had ended, the pair got up and headed back to McLaren's hospitality to wait for Lando who would have lost race interviews with various networks.

"Do you want anything from inside?" Max asked as they took a seat outside on the patio area.

"Maybe just water please." Millie replied with a smile. The temperature was very high this weekend in England.

"Okay." Max said before walking into the McLaren motorhome.

Millie pulled out her phone and started scrolling through her instagram feed that was filled with various Formula One posts of clips from the race that had just ended.

Max returned a couple minutes later with two bottles of water and a bowl of mixed fruit. He placed the bowl down in the centre of the table before handing Millie her water.

"Thank you." The brown haired girl smiled in reply.

"I got this because I was expecting you to say you were hungry after the race." Max explained as he took a seat across from Millie.

"You make it sound like I'm always hungry." Mia said as she examined the bowl of brightly coloured fruits in front of her.

"You are always hungry." Max reminded her with a smile on his face.

"True." Millie nodded in agreement before grabbing a piece of fresh watermelon.

"What time are we meeting everyone at tonight?" Max wondered as he leant forward and took a piece of the red coloured fruit.

"Ria said they're leaving now soon, so probably by the time we get home and then go into London say 8 or 9?" Millie replied crossing one leg over the other underneath the table.

"Yeh by the time Lando finishes up and we get home to change then get an Uber it'll definitely be nearer to 9." The former F3 driver spoke.

"Yeh true. I'll tell Ria we'll call them when we're nearly there to see where they are. No point on them waiting on us to go out when they'll be home and ready long before us." Millie nodded in agreement. "Is Tom coming?"

"Yeh he said he was. I'll text him and fill him in." Max explained reaching into his pocket to take out his phone.

Millie sat back while Max text Tom to take in the busy paddock with people getting ready to leave and teams repacking everything to be sent to Hungary in two weeks times.

"Tom's coming." Max spoke placing his phone down on the table.

"Good. I'm so excited. I'm also so excited for Greece." Millie exclaimed with an excited smile on her face.

"So you've been saying all weekend." Max replied rolling his eyes which lead to him being kicked under the table. "Ow."

"Don't tell me you're not excited for holidays." The brown haired girl spoke as she crossed her arms over her chest.

"Of course I am but we're not going for another two and a half weeks. Are you gonna talking about it from now until we go?" Max wondered.

"Yes." Millie said with a smile.

"Oh god." Max sighed leaning back in the chair on the patio of the McLaren hospitality as they waited for Lando to come back from his interviews.

—————