7

There was a little cliff ledge down the road from the house where the gang were staying that overlooked the beach down below.

The sun was starting to set and the pretty orange, yellow and pink colours from the sky were reflecting of the clear blue water of the ocean.

Millie was sat on the edge with her knees tucked up to her chin and her arms wrapped around her legs. She was glad she was wearing shorts and Max's shirt and wasn't sitting there in just her bikini.

A million thoughts were running through her head since she stormed out of the house a couple of hours ago now.

She wondered why not only Lando but Max had lied to her. She wondered why Lando felt the need to keep his relationship a secret from her. She wondered who else knew before her. Was she the only one out of everyone on the holiday that didn't know?

A sigh escaped her lips as she turned and rested her chin on her knees and looked out over the beautiful sunset.

All the things were adding up in her head now. The things Lando has left without saying anything at random points during the day. Sitting smiling over his phone at text massages throughout the day.

After sitting for a few minutes longer, Millie decided it was time to head back. Her skin was feeling rubbery from all the sun cream and she was dying for a shower.

She stood up and started the short walk back up to the house. On her way she saw Max walking in the direction as her.

"Hey Fewtrell." Millie called out causing him to turn around.

"Millie." Max exclaimed surprised to see her. He turned and jogged back in her direction. "Are you okay?"

"I'm fine." She shook her head in reply.

"I am sorry. I didn't want to lie you. But Lando didn't want it getting out about Luisa. He didn't want the media knowing and making her life hell." Max explained.

"I get that. But that means he felt like he couldn't trust me enough to keep his secret." Millie replied sadly.

"You know he didn't mean it like that. This is Lando's first serious relationship. He's like a deer in headlights about the whole thing." The Birmingham born boy told her. "And Luisa didn't know that you didn't know. You should come back and meet her. You two would get on really well."

"Okay." Millie spoke leaving Max shocked. He hadn't expected her to accept so easily. Max had seen her hold longer grudges over smaller things.

The pair began their short walk to the house in silence, simply enjoying each other's company as they walked back to the house.

—————

A few minutes later they arrived back and they could both hear the sound of laughter coming from the kitchen.

Millie walked in first and found Savannah, Jennie and Luisa getting things ready for dinner. Through the opened glass doors, she could see the boys sitting around the table outside drinking.

"You got this." Max whispered quietly before walking through the kitchen. He said hello to the girls before heading outside.

"You're back." Jennie said with a smile before coming over and giving the brown haired girl a hug.

"Hi." Millie replied wrapping her in a hug too.

She pulled away and turned to look at the new girl standing in the kitchen and she too was looking back at her clearly unsure of what to do.

"I'm sorry about how I reacted upstairs. It had nothing to do with you. I was just surprised that's all. Can we start over?" Millie wondered with a hopeful look on her face as she looked over at the Portuguese girl.

"Of course." She replied with a smile with a smile.

"Hi. I'm Millie." Millie spoke with her hand out.

"Hi Millie. I'm Luisinha. But everyone calls me Luisa." Luisa said in reply. Both girls smiled and shook each other's hands happily.

"I'm sorry. I'm sorry. I'm sorry." Lando came running in and wrapped his arms around Millie catching her by surprise.

"Woah Lando." The brown haired girl said in surprise.

"I'm sorry Millie. I didn't mean to lie to you and I didn't want to but-." Lando ranted until her was cut off.

"Lando it's fine. I'm not mad at you. I get why you did it." Millie assured him.

"So you're not mad?" The McLaren driver wondered looking at his best friend.

"Of course not. You're my best friend you idiot. I couldn't be mad at you." Millie promised. "And, I've made a new friend."

Millie walked over and wrapped her arm around Luisa who did the same back. The two girls smiled as she rested their heads together. It was clear to everyone how alike they were and they would get on great.

"Oh god there's two of them." Max spoke as he walked back into the house and saw the two brunettes with their arms around each other.

"Yep. So watch out." Millie told him.

"So everyone is friends again?" Max asked looking between Lando and Millie.

"Of course. You two aren't getting rid of me that easily." Millie said as she walked over and pulled the two boys into a hug.

"Okay now everyone is friends again. Can we have dinner? Me and baby are starving." Savannah called out causing everyone to laugh.

"Yes. Let's have dinner."

—————

That night after dinner was eaten and drinks were drunk, it was time to go to bed. Instead of going back to her friends, Luisa was going to stay the night.

"Millie." Lando asked coming in with a sweet tone of voice.

"What do you want?" Millie wondered standing up after putting plates into the dishwasher.

"Wanna do me a favour?" The Formula One driver said leaning against the kitchen island.

"Depends. What is it?" Millie questioned as she leant over so the pair were now face to face.

"Wanna let Max sleep in your room so Luisa can sleep with me?" Lando spoke really quickly.

Millie sighed and sarcastically rolled her eyes as if she was really thinking hard about this.

"Fine." She replied and Lando smiled.

"Thank you. Thank you. Thank you." Lando gave her a quick hug before heading back outside where everyone was tidying up.

Millie shook her head and smiled as he watched him run over to Luisa. Millie had known Lando now for over a year and in that time they immediately became best friends.

She knew without a doubt that this was definitely the most happiest she had ever seen him. Even with all his podiums and racing achievements, this was still at the top.

—————