3

2 weeks later Max and Millie were sat at home watching Lando's race in Hungary which unfortunately didn't end well for Lando and 5 others after a turn one crash in the wet caused by Valtteri Bottas.

"Great way to prepare for holidays." Millie sighed as she walked into the kitchen were Max was watching the post race commentary on the tv. "What's that smell?"

"Shit." Max jumped off his spot where he was sitting on the kitchen island and ran towards the oven.

He reached into the oven and went to take whatever out that was inside.

"Max wait." Millie called out but it was too late.

"Shit. Shit. Shit." Max exclaimed as he started jumping around the kitchen after burning his hands.

"Come here." Millie grabbed his hands careful and took him towards the sink. She ran the cold water and guided Max go put his hands under it. "Stay there."

Millie grabbed the oven gloves from the hook on the wall and used them to take out the tray from the oven.

"I was trying to make dinner while you were in the shower." Max explained as he watched Millie placed the tray on the ring top.

"That was sweet but next time, take the plastic off the top." Millie said as she used a knife to poke at the melted, burnt plastic on top of the lasagne.

"Oh yeh. I knew it seemed very easy." Max replied as he remembered just taking the lasagne tray from the fridge and throwing it quickly into the over during an ad break on the tv.

"How's your hands?" Millie wondered after throwing the lasagne in the bin and walking back towards Max.

"Still sore." He told her taking them out and a faint red line could be seen.

"Here." Millie walked towards the medicine cabinet and grabbed two pain killers and filled a glass of water handing them to the former F3 driver. "It'll help with the pain, hopefully they don't blister. That's the last thing you need before holidays."

Max took the painkillers and washed them down with the water before placing his hands back underneath the cold water.

"Will you turn the tv up please?" Max wondered with a smile on his face.

"Sure." Millie walked towards the couch where the tv remote was.

Their kitchen and living room area were all one room with another formal living room down the hallway.

"Smile." Millie told Max holding her phone up to snap a picture of the situation.

"Don't you-." Max was cut off by the sound of Millie taking the picture.

"Done." Millie smiled in reply before taking a seat up on the counter watching Ted Kravitz walk around the paddock doing his notebook show.

—————

The night before they were due to go to Greece Tom decided to stay the night so they could all drive to the airport together and meet the others.

Millie sat in her room doing some last minute packing with her two suitcases laying on her bed, one big and one little one.

She started throwing some new clothes she bought into her suitcase including new swimsuits and bikinis she had ordered online.

She danced along with the music she was playing as she walked into her bathroom to grab her toiletries.

As the music disappeared momentarily while the song was changing she could hear Max next door streaming on Twitch.

Once she had everything packed that she wanted to take for the two week trip she left her suitcases and her backpack by the door of her room before leaving.

"We all got these watches for our trip. I have a blue one, Lando has a orange one. Shock I know." Max spoke to the stream causing Millie to laugh. "Tom has a green one."

"And I have a pink." Millie told everyone in a singing tone of voice as she walked into the room.

"And Millie has a pink one. Hello." Max said as he turned around in his chair to greet his friend.

"Hi. Hi chat." Millie spoke as she took a seat in the other chair.

"Hello? What are you doing?" Max wondered waving his hand in her direction.

"Talking to your chat." Millie replied as if it was the most obvious thing.

"Go do your own stream." Max told her.

"No." The brown haired girl shook her head in reply.

"Why not?" Max asked leaning back in his chair.

"Because half the people who watch my streams are watching your's. So I'm killing two birds with one stone and talking to them here." Millie explained with a smile on her face.

"Hey guys. Lando wants to know what we're doing for dinner?" Tom wondered as he entered the room quickly followed by Lando.

"No I do not, Tom does." Lando replied. "But all joking aside, what's for dinner?"

"I don't mind." Millie said as she tucked her heels up to her bum and rested her chin on her knees.

Lando reached over and placed his hand on top of Millie's head causing her to look up at him.

"Millie." Lando spoke as he took his hand back wiping it off on his jumper.

"Yes?" Millie wondered in confusion.

"Your hair is wet." The McLaren driver told her with a smile on his face.

"Lando." Millie said in the same tone of voice Lando had used to call her name.

"Yes?" He asked with a smile again.

"Your hair in brown." She told him with a smile on her face.

"Ha funny." Lando said sarcastically as the chat started blowing up making comments about the duo. "Seriously though, dinner?"

"Finish up your stream and we'll order food." Tom told the former F3 driver.

"Okay guys. You heard the boss, who coincidentally doesn't even live here." Max spoke turning to look at Tom who was smiling. "I'll see you guys when we get back from Croatia. Bye chat."

Everyone in the room said goodbye and waved at the camera before Max ended the stream and they all headed downstairs to decide what they wanted to order for dinner.

—————