19

Christmas had and always will be Millie's favourite time of year.

She loved wrapping up in the cold weather drinking hot chocolate and visiting the London Christmas markets to buy presents that she would wrap in front of the fire by the tree..

This year herself, Max, Lando and Luisa were going in to see the different stalls that came out to sell different handmade crafts and trinkets for Christmas presents.

The two girls were walking down the strip of stalls with their arms linked together with their boyfriends following behind carrying the huge teddies that they insisted they could win in a games booth.

"Alright back there?" Millie called over her shoulder.

"Just fine." Max's muffled voice replied causing the two girls to laugh as they turned to see what looked like two walking teddies and a bunch of little ones.

"Oh please let me take a picture." Millie said as she reached into her pocket and produced her phone.

The two boys smiled as Millie snapped the photos while she and Luisa were laughing at the sight of them.

"Okay, let's get hot chocolate now." Luisa spoke after she too got her photo taken with the stuffed animals.

The two couples started walking again to a nearby hot drinks stand to get a warm liquid to warm them up in the cold winter London air.

—————

Christmas came around very quick and for the first time in the last couple of years, Millie wasn't spending it with Lando and his family but rather Max and his.

Lando was happy that Millie was spending Christmas with Max. He knew Christmas was a tough time of year for her as it was usually associated with spending time with family and she hadn't seen hers in the last few years.

"What the hell is in here?" Max asked as he dropped Millie's bag on the foot of his bed at home. "A dead body?"

"Don't be silly. A whole body wouldn't fit in there." Millie shook her head in reply causing Max to laugh.

"You're an idiot." Max told her causing Millie to smile.

"Yeh but you love me anyway." The brown haired girl spoke as she moved over and wrapped her arms around his waist.

"You're right. I do love you." Max nodded in reply catching Millie by surprise because this was the time first time either of them had said it.

"You do?" Millie wondered looking up at the Fewtrell boy.

"Of course I do." Max replied before kissing her forehead.

"I love you too." Millie said with a smile before reaching up and placing a soft kiss on his lips.

—————

"Merry Christmas Millie." Max's younger brother, Theo, spoke as she walked into the Fewtrell kitchen on Christmas morning.

"Merry Christmas Theo." Millie smiled in reply.

She had spent the last couple of days here at the Fewtrell house with Max, his brother and his mum while his grandmother was coming today for Christmas dinner.

It was different for Millie spending Christmas with Max and his family rather than with Lando where she had been for the last few years but she was excited too.

"Hey, where did you go?" Max asked as he came into the kitchen to find his girlfriend.

"I had to go to the car to get a bag of presents." Millie nodded to the bag she left beside the tree.

"Oh right." Max said before placing a kiss on her cheek. "Do you want coffee?"

"Sure." Millie nodded in reply with a soft smile on her face.

"Where's mum?" Max wondered he moved around the kitchen island to make coffee.

"Gone to get grandma." Theo replied and Max nodded in realisation. "She said we'll do presents then."

—————

A few days after Christmas, Millie, Max and Lando along with their friends headed to Dubai for a couple of weeks.

"Millie, we're here." Max started shaking Millie slightly in the back of the taxi to wake her up. "Mils, wake up."

Millie stirred at the sound of Max's voice and being shook slightly. She stretched her arms out in front of her.

It was a short ride from the airport to their hotel but Millie's body refused to let her fall asleep on the flight and was now feeling the affects of jet lag and lack of sleep.

"Come on." Max got out of the taxi and offered Millie his hand.

She used it to pull herself out of the taxi before wrapping her arm around his waist for support with his dropping across her shoulder.

"Ah, so cute." Lando commented as he watched his two best friends walking into the hotel.

"Shut up." Millie replied as he gave him the finger over her shoulder causing him, Luisa and Tom to laugh.

—————

"God you're so bad at this." Tom said after Millie hit the ball.

"Shut up. I'm better than you." Millie replied as she moved out of the way to let Lando go.

The brown haired girl adjusted the cap on her head to keep the sun out of her face. The weather was extremely warm compared to back home right now.

Millie made her way over to Lando's golf cart and sat down next to Luisa who was reading a book. She wasn't as interested in golf as the rest but no one minded her tagging along and enjoying the day out.

"What are you reading?" Millie wondered looking at the Portuguese girl.

"Meditation step by step." Luisa replied as she closed the book with her thumb in the page she was reading to show Millie the cover.

"I hope you're not too trying to mediate around these idiots." Millie said nodding towards the boys who were a few feet away at the tee off spot.

"Right let's go. Millie, out." Lando spoke as he appeared next to Millie who was sitting in the driver's seat.

"No thanks." Millie shook her head in reply before switching the ignition on and driving to the next spot.

"Millie, bring my girlfriend and my golf buggy back." Lando yelled after her as the two girls laughed and continued driving.

—————

Let me know what you think x just realised how far back in terms of timeline this book is like it's still 2021 right.

What do you guys think? Just keep going and do short little time skips or do a big one? Tell me what you prefer x

-ky❤️