Day 2

INDIE

I finally comb my hair out to wash it. I hadn't washed my hair in 2 weeks and it was so greasy that I had to.

I just found it so difficult to do anything.

I lock the doors to the bathroom and wash my hair and body well. It took hours to gain the courage but I did it.

I finish and add oil to my hair and wash it out and then let it air dry as my hair did not agree with hair dryers.

I do some skincare for the first time in a month and while it feels good on my skin, I personally feel no better.

I get into my outfit and start my work when I'm done.

It felt like I was overcompensating when it came to work. I'd already done the desired amount in a day and was still doing more.

I hear a knock on the front door so I get a mask and put it on.

Sawyer follows.

I open the door and we step back as a police officer stands there and we just stare at him waiting to speak.

"I heard there was a party going in this dorm and I just came to check it out." We sort of stare at him.

"Does it look like there's a party here?" I say as I gesture to the empty house and my attire.

"Well no but-" The officer starts speaking but I stop him.

"Good. Glad that's sorted." I say as I close the door in his face and turn some music on just to annoy him.

The door gets knocked on again and Sawyer opens the door this time.

"We need to do a check of the students here, regardless of whether you're hosting anything or not." The officer is really annoying.

"Indie Shuto." I say from the couch.

"Sawyer Anderson." He says, continuing with who isn't here. "Hallë Jensen, John Becker, Tara Hall and Ray Gomes have all left the halls to go home for the holidays. You do not need to come inside to check any of this it just makes you looks weird."

"I wouldn't go the far Sawyer, the party thing was a stretch but he's not that bad." I say as I message Hallë telling her about this.

"There's no Indie registered to live here." He says and I remember.

"Sorry, I mean Indiana Shuto. I forget that's my real name sometimes." I say to him and he laughs.

"The curse of the nicknames." He says as he laughs and I nod along. "I understand it all too well, my name is Donnell, I've been going by Don for far too long."

"Are you all done now?" Sawyer asks and the officer and nods and Sawyer shuts the door.

Damn. Sawyer was jealous.

I didn't like him that much.

I get up and go to my room but Sawyer stops me before I can enter.

"Do you like him?" He asks.

My eyebrows furrow together and then I realise he meant if I like the officer who I'd seen for about 5 minutes in total.

"The officer who I'd seen for literally 5 seconds? Yeah right. Give me a break Sawyer." I say as I walk into my room but am stopped by a sharp pain in my side.

Holy shit.

I have to crouch the floor as I try to suppress the pain and I manage to shut the door before I collapse to the floor in pain.

Oh good God.

I get my phone and call Turbo.

"Hey Indie." Turbo says and I'm sure all he can hear is my rugged breathing.

"Turbo... what... do... I... do? It's back." I let out a few breaths before I curl into a ball.

"Indie, who's in the dorm with you right now?" Turbo asks and I think he knows the answer.

"Sawyer." I say through a pained breath.

"I'd be foolish to think you'd ask Sawyer for help. Just remember the breathing exercise." Turbo says and I thank him and cut the phone as the tears that had formed in my eyes start to release.

I manage to sit myself up against the side of my bed and grab my stuff off the bed and lie down onto the floor before I started crying properly.

I was a mess.

The sharp pain felt like it was spreading everywhere.

My side was in agony for what feels like
hours.

I feel the horrible burn and it doesn't go away.

It finally stops when I fall asleep, still in pain.