Day 4 continued

INDIE

I just sit there when a loud, sharp knock happens and Sawyer goes to open it and I can hear my siblings.

I get up and lock all my doors. I lock the main one. The one to both our bathroom doors, I don't care if Sawyer can't get in. I lock my door to the balcony and close the curtains and blinds to my room.

I text Yala in the apartment above for some food through our system and I'll transfer the money and she doesn't even hesitate after I say food, let alone money.

She loves cooking for me and giving me snacks.

The basket is already hovering outsides a minute later and I take the snacks and I thank her.

Luckily this window is not on the side of the balcony so my siblings wouldn't notice.

I munch on a tube of pringles as I sit in my room and practise patience but stop when I hear them making noise.

I can't fucking stand this.

I call Genesis Fairclough, Reyes' underdog and make sure she knows to put it on loudspeaker.

"Oh my god, Genesis. Guess what, Sawyet has brought some friends around and you'll never guess who it is?" I say in a gossipy way and I can hear the whispers from the other side of the door.

"Oh my goodness, who?" She says obnoxiously, trying not to laugh.

"My siblings AND IF THEY DON'T FUCK OFF SOON, THEY WILL START TO PISS ME OFF!" I say extra loudly just for them.

"What was that?! Indiana, what's up? There's actually people at your dorm now? I'm coming right now." Officer Reyes says and I smile to myself.

Mission successful.

I hear all of them starting to scramble. Little do they know, every single door is locked apart from the pantry door, the main bathroom and Sawyer's room.

I could see it, Kameron underneath Sawyer's bed, Georgia in the bathroom behind the shower curtain and Anthony in the pantry, munching on some food for his hangover.

I wait for the knock on the door and Sawyer takes his fucking time to open it let me tell you that.

I hear the whole conversation as Reyes comes in and starts looking around and finds Anthony immediately.

Spatek knocks on my door and I open it and lock it before leaving and she smiles at me and leads me to the living room where I sit on the one seater.

Sawyer comes and sits opposite me, staring daggers at me.

Genesis comes running in.

"Sorry, I didn't realise it was a private conversation." She winks at me as she turns to me and so does Spatek who's behind Anthony and Sawyer as she gets Georgia from the bathroom and sits her down.

I can see Reyes literally drag Kameron from under the bed and I contain my laughter.

We're all sat down when Reyes starts to speak.

"I am so disappointed in you, especially you Indie." I meet his eyes before I burst into laughter and we're both cracking up. "I'm
joking, you're not in trouble. However, Sawyer,
you need to fix your behaviour. I know you're not a bad kid but clearly you're not adhering to the rules."

I zone out of the conversation befor deciding to get some drinks.

I open the fridge and drink my pink lemonade before going back to my room as everyone stares at me as I go back to my room.

I shut the door quietly and lock it before I start hurling the pillows at the door and take a moment to silently scream before I compose myself.

I leave again and sit back down.

"Everything all right?" Spatek says and I nod.

"Anyways, Sawyer, if any more of your guests keep coming to the dorm then I will personally come here and kick you out. Understood?" Sawyer nods. "Okay, the rest of you, leave." He says and they all nod, get their stuff and scramble.

I sit back in my seat as I try to process what happened as Spatek and Reyes leave behind the rest of them.

This was insufferable.

I go to the cupboard and grab some more alcohol.

I'm gonna need if I don't want to combust into a ball of fiery anger.

I go get some pink gin and make some drinks as I drink them.

"Are you sure your body can handle that?" He asks and I turn away from him as I continue to drink.

I purse my lips to hold back but I can't.

"Why? I just want to know why you felt the need to bring my sibling in to this apartment which just causes hassle for me and that annoys the hell out of me because I am not close with my siblings and I do not want to see them when I'm just tryna have a good day." He seems taken aback when I say this.

"Not close with your siblings?" I groan at his stupidity, trying to explain anything to him is futile.

He may be right up at the top with me in class but he lacks common sense and street sense. He must have some looks for all those girls he gets but book sense is really all he has going for him.

"You know what? Never mind. Pretend I never even spoke to you." I grab the pink lemonade and gin and go back to my room.

I was not a massive fan of pink gin but it helped calm me down so therefore I was grateful it existed.

I close my door softly, feeling really deflated.

Sawyer bursts into my room a second later.

"Are you okay!" He shouts as he sort of checks me. As if I'm injured.

"Yeah. I'm fine. Can you leave?" I say and he nods.

"Don't lock your door." He says and I pull a face and lock it when shuts it. "Hey! Leave it open." He says and I know he's not messing around so I unlock it and open it a little.