Day 21

I wake up in Sawyer's arms, in his bed and I'm almost happy but then I remember what my mother said.

It takes me all I have not to breakdown right there and then.

I know she's delusional, like batshit and indubitably crazy but she was starting to get to me.

I start crying and Sawyer hugs me anyways and I remember how much I loved to be in his arms after a hard day at school.

I look up at him but something is different now, the way I look at him, the way he looks at me and I look at his lips.

I lean in and he does back and we kiss, the most magical kiss.

I know we still have issues to work out but I know this much, what I feel for him is what I felt all those years ago but this time it's better because I know we can communicate like adults.

We kiss even more and I share the most passionate kiss of my life with him.

We lay next to each other afterwards, I'm in absolute shock at what happened but when I look at Sawyer and realise that perhaps we would always get back together at some point.

He looks at me and kisses me and caresses my face.

"You know I figured out how you did it." I'm referring to the way he'd always coincidentally manage to talk shit about me whenever I was near. "It logs every time somebody checks a camera. Sawyer I don't care if you think I should stay away from you, I can't."

"I realised I can't stay away from you either the minute we both moved into this dorm. I got many chances to move out and I never did because of you."

"I used to avoid you but really, I was scared of how I'd react if I saw you so often. Whether the feelings would come flooding back. It just took me this long to realise that they had never left."

"I missed you so much, it's actually crazy how much I did. I spent months crying over you. I couldn't believe I'd fucked up so badly with a girl who I love, so, so, so much. You know I love you right, inside and out? As a friend and as even more but I don't think I deserve another shot." He says and I feel bad for him because at the core of it all, the issue was my mother.

"I think I'll give you a second chance." I say nonchalantly.

"Are you being serious right now? You'll give me a second chance?!" He kisses me again.

And a second chance is what we needed.