Day 4

INDIE

It's past midnight when I get back and I get my groceries and put it all away, taking some of the food which he never touched.

I eat in the dark, silent room as I barely manage to get any of it in.

I grab a cover and put it over the plate and leave it on the island.

I go to the main bathroom and stock up the general shower stuff for there as we had ran out because we took something from every time we ran out and Hallë and Tara asked if I could stock up their pads and tampons as well and I gladly did.

Getting home was going to be a pain and I'd do anything to make it easier.

I go back to my room and almost jump in shock when I hear a girl in Sawyer's room moaning. I can't be asked for this.

He was breaking lockdown rules.

I loudly knock on his door and they stop and I go to John and Ray's room and empty their bins.

I go back into my room but am shocked when I see a girl in my room, looking and touching all my stuff.

"What are you doing in here?" She asks.

"Are you out of it or something? What are YOU, doing in HERE?" I say to her and she raises her eyebrows.

"This isn't your room. This is Sawyer's." I laugh at that.

"It is very much my room that I am kindly telling you to get out of, right now." I say as I point to the door.

"No." She says.

"Okay. Let me just call Officer Reyes and get him to escort you AND Sawyer out." I say and I pull out my phone and go through the email with the contacts for the on-site officers.

"Okay, okay, I got it." She says and she grabs her stuff and I help her to the door.

I can't help but notice the shiny gold necklace that is nearly falling out of her bag.

It's mine.

"Put your stuff on the island right now." I say and she looks confused. She does it anyways.

"Sawyer, you better come here and quickly!" I shout and he comes running. "Empty your bags and pockets.

Her face turns pale and I watch as she sheepishly picks up her bag and empties it out.

All my jewellery comes pouring out of it. My folder full of my IDs come out also. Some of my work comes out. She gets her hands into all her pockets and more jewellery comes out.

I call officer Officer Spatek and Reyes who is with her.

They knock on the door and Sawyer opens it.

"Hello, what seems to be the issue?" Officer Reyes says and when he sees how angry I look, he looks at Sawyer and the culprit.

"This girl, tried to steal my stuff. The stuff in her bag and pockets are stuff she took from my room. I want to file a police report AND make sure everything that is mine is off her persons and to you," I turn back to her. "If so much as a single earring is missing, I will make sure you give it back to me."

She nods and Officer Spatek takes her to be searched and Officer Reyes hands me and incident report form and makes me fill it out and I also send him the video of where she tips out the bag and her pockets on the counter to him.

I finish the report and hand it to Reyes and he thanks me while we wait for Officer Spatek to be done.

She comes out with a clear bag with of my stuff and the girls walks in afterwards, handcuffed and they take me through the proceedings and I agree to them and I get my stuff and take it back to my room and slam the door back in.

I was so angry.

I open my draws with excessive force as I put everything back and return the most prized piece of jewellery back, the necklace that Francis bought for me after I scored the winning point in our basketball match.

The university won for the first in 20 years.

I put it away in the locked box I had, I trusted my roommates enough to not have them locked up but now everything was going to be locked.

Someone knocks on my door and I know it's Sawyer.

When I don't respond, I can hear him about to say something but he sighs and walks away.

Good.

I open my window and climb onto the balcony, this shouldn't alert Sawyer.

The door that led to the balcony was squeaky. It was of course, a shared door.

It was a little room where we put our shoes and coats. and the door to the balcony.

I look up and see the balcony of the upstairs apartment and see they have brief christmas decorations up.

I had no festive spirit so I didn't decorate, ever.

Not since I left home and started studying anyways.

That had been 3 years ago.

I never wanted gifts and never really had Christmas lunch/dinner.

I sit on the chair as I get my alcohol and drink it as I light a cigarette and smoke it.

I was destroying my body while I studied to save others.

I was a hypocrite.

A massive hypocrite.

I hear the door open but ignore it as Sawyer comes out and I do my best to pretend he's not there.

He picks up my lighter and I can see through the corner of my eye that's he's got a cigarette too, his own one.

He puts the lighter back down as he smokes it and I grab my lighter and put in my pocket.

"It's funny isn't it. Two med students wrecking their bodies. Just like how the thief was training to be a police officer. A degree in policing. Pathetic." Of course he'd just shit on her and not apologise.

Whoever said Canadians apologised loads clearly hadn't met Sawyer.

"I didn't expect her to do that." I sure hope he didn't. "She broke my trust."

Yeah how did he think I felt.

I stand up and move my chair away from him.

"Oh come on! Why are you moving away from me? I did nothing wrong." I scoff when I hear that and take a huge swig of alcohol.

"The fact that you think you did nothing wrong sickens me Sawyer. You brought a criminal to the apartment, I don't see why she was here initially. You could've waited to sleep with a fucking girl." I say as I finish off the bottle of vodka.

"I just couldn't. Okay." I look at him and I see the worry and pain in his eyes and I personally could not care less.

"If you want to have sex, go do it in a bush or something, don't bring people over." I say and I make it clear that the expectation has been set.

I stub the cigarette and get my bottle
of vodka and put it in my collection of empty drinks.

I watch them as they all stack up and I want to smash them all but don't.

I put my shoes away and hang up my coat and sit down in the middle of my room as I try and relax but life has other plans for me, clearly.