Chapter 13

"M- Mikey-kun!"

"Emi, are you alright?" asked the angry boy. "I'm fine now that you came. Thank you." she said.

"It's no big deal, assholes like this piss me off." mikey said while helping her get up. He reaches out his hand... When Emiko touched his hand it felt familiar. "You're so warm, your skin feels familiar." the girl said out loud by accident. Mikey's face turns red and he looks down trying to hide it. "Oh my, did I say that out loud?" Emiko said while hiding her face because she got red too.

"Don't worry, I should get going." said Mikey in despair because he wants to spend time with her but knows he shouldn't. "Could you walk me home?" Emiko asked while giving him a warm smile. "I shouldn't."

"Please Mikey?" she says convincingly. "Ok." he agrees.

They both start walking home, Emiko totally forgot about her groceries. Something inside of her was telling her to stay with Mikey. She couldn't get her eyes off of him, she was drawn to his figure and face. He was wearing a white turtle neck with a black jacket around his shoulders. HE has baggy pants on with boots. While Emiko was wearing a short black skirt with a tight black long sleeve.

"Did we.. Were we close before my accident?" asked the girl while walking beside him.

"No." he said bluntly.

"Hm. I see." she said while giving him a smile. Mikey felt guilty for lying to her.. he saw her hands and body shaking, it was really cold. "Are you cold?" he asked. "No, not at all." but before she finished her sentence Mikey took his thick black jacket and put it around her.

"Oh thank you." she said while holding onto his jacket tighlty.. she blushed a little. "Mhm." was his response. Mikey walks in front of her now.. he was trying to distance himself from her because she was remembering.

"hey Mikey.. you're walking too fast." Emiko said out of breath. "Keep up with me then.. you snale." he said jokingly. "Who are you calling a snale?!".. and they both start laughing. Emiko jogs and grabs his arm. "W-Wait.. please." Mikey turned around and hit her head very lighty.. "I have places to be, and you need to be home it's late." he said smiling.

But Emiko is frozen in place. She can't help but stare into his pitch black eyes. She was lost in them and did not even blink. "Emi?" Mikey questions her odd behavior. All of the sudden tears pour out of her eyes.

"Emi! Why are you crying?" Mikey asks concerned but received no answer. Emiko drops to the ground, sitting on her knees.. while staring into his eyes. Mikey drops down as well and holds her shoulders and shakes her a bit but her tears ar still flowing.

"What's wrong.. please.. answer me." she begs.

Emiko jumps and gives him an aggressive hug. Mikey is stumbled and his arms are in the air.. not returning the hug. "What- what are you doing Emi? G-Get of.." He tried to tell her to get off of him but he couldn't.

"I'm sorry for the life you lived.. I wish it could have been different." she says sobbing into his shoulder. "What do you mean?" asks Mikey confused. "You.. Your eyes, why.. why do you not have any life in your eyes? I don't understand. My Mother had the same eyes as you before she killed herself and left me alone." she said sobbing. When she said that Mikey hugged her back aggressively.

"I would never leave you." said Mikey.

She backs away and hold his face. "Mikey. You need to tell me the truth about my accident and my life before it." she said while she stopped crying. "Everything you know is the truth." he said. "Someone who was never close to me would never tell me that they wouldn't leave me" she said while making a good point.

"Listen Emi.. I heard what happened. Chifuyu broke your heart and you are just reacting." Mikey said.

"Excuse me?" Emiko said while getting up. "What?" Mikey asked. "For your record.. Chifuyu didn't break my heart.. you did." she said.

"What are you talking about? You make no sense right now." He said while getting up.

Emiko took his jacket off and threw it at him.

"Instead of fighting for our relationship and future, you decided to keep me safe? I know what you're doing and what happened with Sanzu was an obsticle in our relationship. You don't believe in me if all you have been doing is joining him and pretending not to know me." Emiko said angrily.

"Emi.. How.. You remember?" he asked while his eyes widened.

"I remember everything.. Your eyes told me everything that happened. No wonder you have been avoiding me." she said.

Mikey runs to kiss her but she pushes him away. "Get away from me. I love Chifuyu." she said.

"Huh?" he says. "ENOUGH OF YOUR CONFUSION. All you have said has been "What" "Huh" "what do you mean" I AM SICK OF IT. My love for Chifuyu is still there.. And after what you have been doing for the past 6 months.. my love for you is gone."

"No Emi, I was doing it for you I JUST WANTED YOU TO BE HAPPY AND SAFE!"

"I WANT TO BE HAPPY AND SAFE WITH YOU!" she said while sobbing. Emiko couldn't take this conversation and sudden relapse of her memories so she ran away.. fast and far.

"EMIKO COME BACK!"

Is the last thing she heard from mikey while she ran away in the distance....

To Be Continued.