Chapter 15

"Pregnant?" questioned Mikey lowering his gun. "LOOK OUT!" yelled Draken. Sanzu was running up to Mikey and Mikey's only choice in this moment is to shoot him dead. But so much was going through in his head. Emiko being pregnant changed everything, the things Mikey used to do he can't do anymore, for the safety of the girl he loves and his unborn child.

Mikey raises his gun aiming for Sanzu, he whispered "I'm sorry" while getting his finger ready to push the trigger. He wasn't sorry to Sanzu, he was apologizing for the pain Emi will go through.

Time was frozen when suddenly Sanzu falls on his back and hitting his head which lead him to knock him out. He did not fall by accident. Mikey sees Emiko on the ground streching out one of her legs and pushing her right leg against Sanzu's which resulted him to fall back.

"He passed out! I'll call the police right now, Mikey throw the gun in the river!" Emi said while stressed getting up.

"Emi you saved us." said Mikey.. something was different about him, his eyes weren't the same..is that..sparkle? a light? Emi noticed, she ran to him hugging him as tight as possible "Stay" was the only thing she said.

"Emi, we need to help Draken" said Mikey was facing Draken. He seemed as good as ever. "Ken-chin, you good?" "Better than ever." he said giving them a thumbs up.

"Liar. Your legs are shot. You're still on the ground." she said while being a mother.

"Haha, you're already acting like a mother." Draken said with a warm smile.

Emi and Mikey look at each other and smile. "Is it mine?" Mikey asks teasing her. "OBVIOUSLY IT'S YOURS!" she said while punching him. They all started laughing.

"I'll tie up Sanzu." said Mikey.

Emi picks up the gun and takes it to the river after calling the police. She looks at it and cleans it with her shirt. "Thank you for protecting Mikey, but you hurt Draken. I want to say goodbye to you as a thank you but you're not meant to be treated nicely." Emi thought she looked weird talking to a gun but that gun is what was about to ruin her life.

While Emi is away Draken and Mikey have a conversation. "Mikey, congratulations on becoming a father." Draken said while putting his hand on Mikey's shoulder.

"Thank you Ken-chin, he'll have the best uncle ever!" said Mikey excitedly. "He?" you don't think that it could be a girl?" asked Draken.

"I don't mind if it's a girl, but I know my child is going to be a son." said Mikey.

"If it's a boy then let's have a girl next." said Emi while sneaking up on Mikey and hugging him from behind.

"oh." said Draken. "Am I interrupting?" he adds jokingly. "Shut it." said Mikey blushing.

The police shows up and takes away Sanzu. Draken goes with the ambulance to get his wounds treated.

- a few days later -

Mikey drives him and Emi to the river that he confessed to her at.

"What are we doing here?" she asks him. They're at the top of the river staring into the sky.

"Emi."

"Yes"

"I love you"

"I love you too."

He faces her way, in which she does the same.

"Y'know. I didn't think our journey would be like this. We have been through so much together." Mikey said. He was being really sentimental for some reason.

"Haha ya, when I first met you I thought you were dangerous." she said giggling. Mikey held her chin going in for a kiss. They kiss patiently reminiscing their sweet memories together.

"I want to have this family with you. No matter what you do Mikey I'll stick by your side. You have been protecting me for so long now but now it's my turn." she said kissing his cheek.

Mikey moves away and pulls out a small box.

"Mikey- you're actually-

"Yuta Emiko, will you marry me?" he asks opening the box to a beauitful diamond, the light of the moon is reflecting off of it which makes it so much prettier.

"YES." she said while jumping into his arms. "A million times yes! Yes! Yes! Yes!"

She grabs his face and kisses him. "Sano Manjiro I want you to be my husband." she said with the biggest smile ever.

"Let's get married then." He says while putting the ring on her finger. Emi puts her hand up and looks at the ring in different angles and lighting. "It's gorgeous."

"Hey Emi, by the way; "I'll protect you even after death."

Emi turns around and gives him a warm smile. So this is the person who said that to me? Took me long enough to remember.

---

To Be Continued

Next chapter is the last!