The Finale - Part 2

The Finale - Part 2

Tick tock.

Tick tock.

Eva.

Evvaaa.

I groaned, opening my eyes. Brain had to wake me up again.

I was expecting the sun to burn holes into my eye sockets, but it seemed rather dark. My two children were snuggled next to me, snoring lightly. My eyes fixated on Will, who was standing in front of our large balcony, just glancing out into the distance.

It was a dark and musty day, angry grey clouds hovering in the sky, waiting to start pouring.

I read the clock on the wall, 5:34 am.

The night went by too fast.

I removed myself from the bed, making sure Alex and Ava were completely covered before I padded my way to the balcony.

It must have been because Will was so trained in his thoughts that he didn't notice me nearing him. I hugged his waist, pressing my face into his back. The air was slightly chilly, and the fact that his skin wasn't radiating much heat made me realize that he had been out here for quite some time now.

He seemed genuinely surprised when he felt me hug him, but he just let out a breath and turned around to completely hug me. His tree and peppermint scent relaxed my body, but I was still worried.

Today was the day.

"I love you," he told me, the three words were the greatest gift I ever had.

"I love you, too," I couldn't bring myself to get mad or complain. I wanted him to stay with the children and I. Or I wanted to be by his side and fight.

"I never thought there could be a worse day than the day I lost you. But there is," I said, "and now you wish to part us again."

He held my face in his palms, "Eva. You know why. Please don't..."

"But why, William? My mate is going into a war with rouges who have had no trouble killing another pack. Killing, Will, KILLING," I whisper yelled, the tears coming to my eyes again as I pulled away from him.

I have never cried the amount I have cried for Will.

"Eva, baby, I know..." he tried to reason.

"No, Will. I don't think you do. Think of your children. Imagine what would happen to them if something happened to YOU!" I continued.

"Nothing will happen to them because nothing will happen to me. I am able to take care of myself, my love," he told me with certainty.

"Let me be there with you. Let me fight with you. I vowed never to leave our side," I pleaded, completely serious.

His expression darkened, along with his eyes. His voice became void of any emotion and left no room for questions, "You will stay with the women and children. You will be HERE to protect them. You are their Luna."

"But, Will...."

"I will not have my mate, nor my children set foot on that battleground, and that's final. Don't make me tie you down there because I will."

Normally, I would have threatened to hurt him somehow, but he was in complete looney Alpha Mode.

I shut my mouth, nodding my head and sarcastically spitting out, "Yes, Alpha," venomously before leaving.

Like Hell.

**

*

**