Epilogue

Epilogue

"Come on, dad," Alex yelled, laughing as he excitedly stared running.

"Daddy, hurry up," Ava squealed, pulling my hand as my feet dragged behind me.

I followed silently, watching my twins race each other.

"Dad," they simultaneously sang, annoyed.

"We can't keep mommy waiting!" Ava said.

My body wasn't in pain, my heart was as we neared.

"I missed you, mom!" Alex exclaimed, sitting heavily on the grass and starring at the gravestone.

'Evangeline Princeton

The strong leader, a brave Luna, a loving wife, and a beautiful mother

Loved...Always and Forever'

"Hey mommy, sorry we're late. Daddy just walks sooooo slow," Ava sighed, stroking the gravestone, "But between you and I, I think he's just getting old."

Alex chuckled along with his sister as they started their 27 minute explanation of how wonderful their day as school was.

I smiled at them, sitting on the grass and watching them reenactment how they had successfully beat up the school bully.

"Mommy, watch me beat Alex," Ava said proudly.

Then they took off, challenging each other to see who could climb up to the nearest tree the fastest.

I shook my head, chuckling as I finally put the roses under her stone.

"I know, you're probably wondering if I got mad at them for what they did to the other child. And I know you think I should have, but I didn't," I sighed, "They're too much like you, my love. They don't listen, they're very stubborn, but they always do the right thing. I can't get mad at them for that."

I watched them swing from the tree, the same tree that is always under their mercy because they abuse it so much.

"7 years, Eva," I looked at her gravestone as I remembered how even during the birth of our twins she looked so beautiful, "It's been 7 years, but it still feel like it was just yesterday  that you were in my arms."

"Time flies with these two, I can tell you that for sure," I whispered, glancing as they ran from tree to tree, "I miss you. They miss you. They're the only things in my life worth living for, but I'm sure you knew that. Without you, life is meaningless for me, but they make it manageable. I love them too much to let anything harm them."

I chuckled again, massaging the bridge of my nose.

"I just wish my love had been enough to keep you safe," I kept chuckling, letting my hysteria slip, as a tear threatened to fall.

"I really am sorry, my love," I whispered, starring at the cursive black lettering of 'Loved... Always and Forever'.

"Oh Daddy," Ava cried out loud, suddenly wrapping her arms around my neck. I hadn't even noticed her presence come close.

"We miss Mom, too, Dad," Alex muttered, my brave son not letting his tears spill as he hugged Ava and I.

I kissed Ava's forehead, hugging them both tightly.

"Mom would be so proud of you two, of the magnificent children you've grown up to be," I told them.

After Ava stopped crying, and started laughing about a time she remembered her and Eva accidentally setting fire to the cupcakes they were cooking, our spirits were lifted.

It hurt knowing my children didn't know their mother very well, as they were almost 2 when she died, but maybe it was for the better

They wouldn't have too many memories to cause them any more pain.

"Well, I guess we better get going. Homework awaits," I told them, as they each held one of my hands.

I heard sighs of disappointment from both of them, but no complaints.

"Have a good day with the Goddess, Mommy," Ava said, Alex merely stepped forward, bent on one knee, and bowed to the gravestone.

"Love you, Mom," he said.

"With all my heart," Ava continued.

Then it was my turn. I smiled at them.

"Always and forever."

***********/****

Well, that's a wrap folks:) the story's done, and just in time for New Year.

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!

Thank you for all of you that made it this far in the story.

Really:)