Chapter 23

"I don't want none, unless you got buns hun."

Chapter 23

Life is good.

Sleep is even better.

But the best thing has got to be waking up next to my Will.

The heat from the sun outside made our tent uncomfortably warm, which was what had caused me to wake up in the first place.

Why couldn’t we have a solar eclipse? I just wanted to sleep, for crying out loud! But no, life has got better things to do, it has to make me suffer.

I sighed, my Brain was awake before I was.

As I got to my senses, my skin covered in a sheer lining of sweat, I felt the heater on top of me.

It was boiling, burning my skin, yet somehow causing sensations in its wake.

I cracked open an eye, only being able to see a head full of the Sahara desert. The brightness of Will’s shorter hair caught my attention since my hair used to be almost white in contrast with his.

I then went on to survey the rest of the scene.

His head was buried in my neck, his light breathing fanning across my chest. His arms were wrapped around me also, holding onto me fairly tight.

It was as if he was afraid I would just vanish.

As if! He isn’t going to get purged of me that easily.

Our feet were tangled together, his leg in between my feet. My arms were on his bicep, while my other hand rested on his back.

Okay, so I was most certainly naked. Check.

Will was most certainly naked. Check.

So last night wasn’t a dream after all.