Two.

THE NEXT DAY

"So what made you wanna switch schools and shi?", Sayvion questioned me sitting down on his couch.

"Why are you in her business?", Laylani snapped at him. I chuckled, "It's okay... I switched schools to get a fresh start in a different place I guess. Me and my mom both thought I needed it."

Everybody nodded.

Sayvion waved Laylani off, "See, all I asked was a simple question. You acting like I asked for shordys social security number assum." Laylani just rolled her eyes walking to Amir and Amir pulled her to his chest.

We were all at the boys apartment. They had nice decorations and stuff up and it surprised me because I never would expect a boys place to look this put together. You can tell they put some time into decorating everything.

"Nigga what the fuck I tell you about having mfs in my room!"

Me, Laylani, Sayvion, and Amir all looked at each other confused. It sounded like it was Davyiar yelling so we all got up and walked upstairs. Amir pushed the door open and Davyiar was standing there scolding Jay.

There was paint knocked over and paint brushes all over the place.

Jay smacked his lips, "Man chill, you acting like I trashed yo whole shit. It's just a few things knocked over, my bad." Davyiar started getting in Jay face so Amir walked up and started separating them, "Relax y'all, don't start that fighting shit."

Davyiar pushed Amir back, "Nah man, that shit pissed me clean off... niggas got they own room. Why you gotta come in my shit?", Davyiar huffed starting to pick his stuff up.

I felt bad so I started to help him pick up his paint brushes and paint. Everybody walked out with Jay as he was walking out and explaining what happened.

I looked at his paintings he had leaning on the walls, some of them looked unfinished. I didn't know he painted, he didn't really seem like the type to paint but that's mean of me to say when I don't know him.

I try not to judge people if I don't know them.

I stood up and held the paint brushes out to him, "Did he spill all of your paint?" He stood up and threw the towel he was using to wipe up the floor in a basket.

He grabbed the brushes from me fast but making sure not to snatch and shook his head, "Nah."

I feel bad because he actually seems really upset about it and I can tell..

"I like your paintings.. I would have never guessed you painted.", I said mumbling the last part to myself some. He has a lot of realistic paintings but then he also has some where it's just different colors everywhere but everywhere on purpose.

Davyair grabbed another towel and started wiping the paint up some more, "You don't know a lot of shit about me."

I frowned, "I didn't mean to-"

He stood back up wrapping the towel he had into a ball, "It's coo, I got the rest.. close my door on yo way out." I nodded slowly and started leaving out the room. Did I say something wrong? I get why he's upset, I would be upset too but he didn't have to be mean to me after I was trying to help him.

I closed his door and walked back downstairs to where everybody was at. I sat back in my spot and got on my phone while everybody was talking, I didn't feel like talking anymore. Davyiar kind of irritated me.

•••

"Come in.", I said to whoever was knocking on the other side of my door. I put my homework to the side and waited to see who was at the door. Malaysia, Lay, and Jay walked in and Malaysia immediately formed a mug on her face, "Uhnt uhn bitch, I know you not in here doing work on a Saturday."