Chapter Fourteen.

Kal did his best to remain calm as he walked to where he had told Razania to meet him.

Beldar was leading the way barely, pointing out the directions but staying very close to Grennan; the two had become close after the older boy had told the other about the similarities that they had gone through.

Bendion had retrieved Phillier so that they both could talk to Kal and Razania. Kal thinks that both of them are trying to delay the fight when they do not understand how dragons work.

Disputes were met with fights in Vragad.

They rarely ended in death and were only a way to get one's point across when upset. Battles were meant to be honored and were a large part of dragon culture even when Kal was there.

Though, even if fighting was valued, it was horrific to force a child to fight when the odds were favored to one. Petty squabbles between children were nothing compared to an adult gold dragon making a child, especially silver, dragon fight them. There was nothing honorable about that.

The field that Beldar and Razania had fought in was a fair bit away not surprisingly. It was far enough that the two could fight without being seen or heard, but close enough that being there for a while was not suspicious.

It was clearly fought in when they reached the outskirts of the clearing.

The edges of the field were burnt, trees felled and scorched with the remnants of a fight that made Kal's blood boil. Fire usage in dragon fights was a scare tactic with no real damage being dealt.

"Beldar, I think you and Grennan should return to the settlement now." Nazavert said to the younger boys, his voice hitting Kal's stiff back.

With an agreement from Grennan, him and Bel retreated back the way they came, leaving Kal, Nazavert and the elves to walk carefully towards where Razania and Cardan were standing in the middle of the burnt clearing.

A glance to the ground showed patches of dried blood and sparks of silver. Kal looked away but he could feel his eyes flash. Bendion made a gasp behind him, finally seeing that what Kal had said about Razania was true.

"Kalzerath."

"Razania."

"You are aware that I am older and far stronger than you?" Razania asked this with a confidant look, seeming to believe what she was saying with her heart.

"You are older, yes." Kal tried not to growl or let his claws extend.

The mere presence of this woman made him shiver in rage.

"Razania, there has been some accusations against you brought to light. Do you have anything to say against them?" Phillier input quickly before the tension between the gold dragons snapped.

"Beldar is fragile. To help him protect himself from the humans, we began sparring to build his strength. No doubt Kalzerath knows why the boy is weaker than the rest of us." Razania's words held power here, Kal knew. But the laws in Vragad were explicit and he only hoped that they would transfer at least a tad over to the settlement.

"It hardly seems as if the boy is old enough to spar with a dragon so much bigger than himself. A fair fight would not produce this much bloodshed." Bendion retorted and gestured to the mess around them.

Kal remained silent for hope that his tongue would not betray him into starting a fight that might truly be unnecessary. If Razania and Cardan left then there would be no need to further whatever horrors she had put Bel through.

"Fair fights have not been present since the humans started their war. A human has Receges, the boy needs to learn to defend himself properly." Razania, for all the anger she seemed to hold, was simply diplomatic.