two : trust

"No!" I break out of his grasp putting my hand on the gun I had tucked in the back of my pants

"No!" I break out of his grasp putting my hand on the gun I had tucked in the back of my pants. Feeling sudden anger and hatred filter into my body.

He grinds his teeth together approaching me cautiously. "I don't know what you think you're doing but it's going to get you killed. Just come with me."

"Oliver, the only person who's protected me without any bullshit or lies has been your brother. Despite my past, you continued to make me feel like you genuinely cared but that's where I was wrong. You could have done so many things that I would have done for you. I just... I'm done, Oliver. Go find Tristan and tell him yourself you're not dead and see how he reacts to going months with your dead body scarred in his head."

He rolls his eyes about me ignoring what I said about Tris. "Fine. We can do this the hard way. I already know where you guys have been staying. Expect me in the morning." He steps closer towards me, analyzing my body for what feels like the first time in centuries. "You'll know the truth."

Tristan drives me back almost in complete silence

Tristan drives me back almost in complete silence. I clear my throat before speaking, "He said that my father's alive."

"I heard some of what you guys were talking about but what does he mean, Wren??" He shakes his head just as confused as I was.

"I don't know. My dad died when I was 17." I sigh before looking out of the window. "What the fuck is happening?" He reaches out for my hand grabbing it out of my lap.

"I don't know if it's some sick twisted mind game he's trying to play with you... I can try getting my computer set back up," He looks at me with an affirming, look on his face, "We'll be two steps ahead of everyone."

"Is that why you started working for Amiri? You were good at getting intel?"

"I hacked into my first server at 14, I mean if he hadn't have recruited me the NSA would have."
I let out the first laugh for what feels like years.

"Okay." I laugh turning to look at him once again.

"Nah, but he likes my agility too. And I heard everything else-- I appreciate you saying that about me." He looks at me sincerely tightening his grip on my hand. I let myself wonder about what Oliver could mean by saying my dad was still alive. What did he have to gain from this? An abundance of questions passed over my mind as Tristan stopped by Amiri's for our things. Telling them I was feeling unwell after the job so I didn't have to come in in my disarrayed state.