eight : back 2 Boston

I sat on the bed

I sat on the bed. Body sore from having to sit in another airplane for so long. Mind numb. Tristan made sure I made it in safely before he left to meet with Amiri. He had to talk about a job he had come up with for just the two of them. A freshly brewed cup of Chai sat next to me pooling steam around the rim. I laid back on a baggy tee, leaning my head against the bed frame as the clouds began passing around the windows in front of me. Thinking about him being alone made me anxious but throughout our time together he's shown me he can more than handle himself. Before long I hear a few subtle knocks on the door causing me to shift. Tristan wouldn't knock.

I stand up and slowly shuffle towards the living room standing in front of the door before peeking in the peephole. Oliver was standing there with a bruised lip and a black eye, turning left and right suspiciously as sweat begins building up in my palms. I turn to grab my phone before he knocks three more times, "Wren, just open the door." He says as I sigh before twisting the lock. I open the door and he stands outside the apartment staring deeply into my face. "Hey." He had his hair hanging in his face slightly overgrown with a black sweatshirt on. Tight black jeans with black and white canvas sneakers.

"Ten minutes," I say, limping away from the door and standing in the center of the living room with my arms folded. He trudges in after me, closing the door.

His hands glide into his pockets as he stands in front of me, "Look, I get I didn't say the right things last time." He sighs as I continue holding a strong glare.

"Why are you here?" I interrupt, throwing my hands up in the air. "Your time is already running out."

"I wanted to come and talk to you, alone. I saw Tristan leave and figured this would be my only chance to explain myself." Oliver begins to step closer to me.

"What, are you stalking me now?" I muttered, crossing my arms as I leaned away from him.

"No. I just... I have things I have to tell you. I get that Italy made things more complicated but I never doubted whether I loved you or not." He begins looking around the apartment eyes landing on the set of duffle bags propping the bedroom door open.

"I don't want to talk about this."

"Why?" He shakes his head, "Because you're fucking my brother?" He bursts as I lean further away from him. Scoffing at his sudden remark. His eyes trail down to my bare leg peeking out from the tee-shirt. He sighs deeply, "What happened?" He points as I pull the rim of the shirt down, not nearly covering the bandage.

"Nothing. And yes, I'm fucking your brother. Is there anything else you wanted to ask me before you leave? You only have a few more minutes." He releases another sigh before plopping down onto the couch.

"Just come sit." I remain where I am with my arms crossed. "Please, Wren. Please and then I'll tell you more."

I sit down gently on the sofa leaving a good amount of distance between us. "Go."