nine : criminalogy

Sabine sat me down on her freshly made pink cherry blossom stained bedsheets as she loaded the guns for training later today

Sabine sat me down on her freshly made pink cherry blossom stained bedsheets as she loaded the guns for training later today. She sat across from me on the floor with an array of weapons in front of her, "So, everything good with you and Tristan?" She asked, raising an eyebrow as she reloaded an M16. I glanced down at my white sweatshirt, pulling the sleeves over my fingertips.

"Yeah, everything's fine..." I twiddled with my thumbs, tight leather pants clinging to my thighs over a new bandage. "Did you ever hear about his brothers?" Her eyes snap up before she grabs a knife off of the table and begins polishing it.

"Some," She gulps, twisting the handle of the knife in her hands, "Which one? Oliver... or AJ?" She asks. Glancing up at me like there was something she was withholding.

"Oliver," I reply, placing my hands in my lap, "So... I don't know if Tristan would like me talking to you about this but he... there's some things that have happened recently and Tristan doesn't trust him." I tilt my head forward in a means to make her speak up about her sudden discomfort.

"Understandable after his first job." She says, placing the knife in her pile of cleaned weapons. "Left Tristan for dead, I had to come to pick him up before the cops could find him."

I lean forward checking to make sure her door is still cracked, "What happened?" I respond with a raised eyebrow.

"Three gunshot wounds to the chest," She says, sighing afterward. "I would never leave any family of mine in a condition like that." Holy shit. I think to myself.

"Did he at least finish the job?"

She shakes her head before standing up, holding an automatic assault rifle in her hands. "No, we were down two hundred thousand dollars. Here," She passes it to me, tossing another on the floor over her shoulder before tucking each knife into its slot. "We should go meet Hamid soon, today he's having a little bit of self-defense training."

"Okay," I nod my head processing this newfound information.

"Don't tell Tristan I told you. The things that happen in the past here are meant to stay in the past. If you get what I mean." I nod again, helping her grab weapons before she hauls them up, "Besides, I wouldn't want a Thomson to come at me again."

I tilt my head at her again before pausing, "A story for another time, I guess." She laughs, pulling the door open for me as I start walking towards the center of the house. We get to the training room and place everything on the tables in the back of the room. By this time it is only Hamid and Tristan standing in the middle of the room, discussing techniques to show today.

I overhead something about how Tristan wants him to show close combat techniques as he sneaks a few glances in my direction. A shiver crawled up my spine with every look. He approaches me slowly, placing a hand around my hip before leaning down towards my ear. "I'm going to be working on security today, call me and I'll send a car. I love you. Be safe." He says, kissing me on the cheek softly.