eleven : club blaze intro

I shuffle my feet in Sabine's room, peeling out of my tight black leggings from training

I shuffle my feet in Sabine's room, peeling out of my tight black leggings from training. Beads of sweat gather on my forehead as Tristan pushes open the door. "Hey, Amiri said you were here. I just finished with Hamid and wanted to see you before you go." He eyes the black slingshot on the bed picking up the thin piece of fabric in his hands delicately. "Interesting outfit."

Yeah," I laugh, pulling the zipper on my zip-up down and place the fabric next to my other clothes. "You should see what Sabine's wearing." I begin slipping out of my underwear quickly flashing a shy smile towards Tristan.

"Damn." He looks away from me leaning more into the room. "Please make sure to be safe tonight." He says, closing the door slightly as I grab the outfit out of his hands and begin lacing my body into it.

I nod feeling the heat rise to my face, "Training was good. I'm prepared, don't worry." I pull the straps onto my shoulders and look at myself in the mirror, tiny pink stars covering my nipples and the straps traveling down my back.

"Wow." He raises his eyebrows, "I can't stay appropriate right now." I let out a chuckle before grabbing the sweatsuit Sabine laid out for me, sparkles sprawled across the back decoratively. After I adjusted, I begin layering the clothing on top. Pulling the hood of the hoodie over my hair.

I pull a strand of hair out of my lipgloss before looking over to him, "I know you want to kiss me." He bites his lip before approaching me slowly and sliding his arms around my waist.

"How'd you know?" He plants his lips onto mine, biting my lip gently as we kissed. A knock on the door causes us to break apart, a repeated theme whenever we're in the moment. Not again.

We glance over at the door and Sabine is standing there with a pair of tall latex dancing shoes in her hands. "Sorry. Why does this always happen? But Wren here's your shoes. We're going to be taking one of my cars tonight so be ready in the next ten minutes, please." She grins with her pearly white teeth, placing the shoes into my hands before closing her door slightly.

I move away from Tristan, pulling the strings on the hoodie before tucking the heels into a small duffle bag sitting at the end of the bed. "I should go soon. She said ten but she usually means five."

He laughs while crossing his arms, "No, yeah." Tristan then leans back. Staring at me for a moment. "Please just make sure to stay safe tonight... Call me or Amiri if you need anything." He emphasized, coming forward to plant a kiss on my forehead. "And I'm going to do some digging around Elijah and your mom, see if I find any connections."

"Okay. Don't worry. Everything is going to go as planned," I smile, "And thank you for helping. Be careful. I don't think he'll hurt you but he's dangerous." I lean up and peck him on the cheek.

"I got myself, don't worry." He says, winking at me before opening Sabine's door. "See you later, sexy." He whispers before turning down the hallway. I push the heels deeper into the bag and zip it closed. Taking one last glance at the soft glam makeup on my face. A matte finish with glossy lips and glitter eyeliner. Sabine sat in front of me for thirty minutes painting my face to be appropriate for tonight.

All I have to worry about it getting through the audition, maybe having to dance, getting the keycard, and all of the distractions that might be on the way. Not like anything could possible go wrong, right? I let out a sigh, pulling my hood down further. Wren, everything will go as planned as long as you hurry the fuck up. I think to myself tossing the bag over my shoulder and flipping her light-switch before heading towards the garage.

I push open the door, slipping through the gap and walking quickly towards the car. Sabine was already seated in the driver's seat with large square sunglasses propped on top of her head and the garage door open sitting. Sleek  long hair falling around her body as she lined her lips in the review mirror. "Oh, you're early. Good," She says as I pull the door open sitting on the leather seats. She had a pink Red Eye Hellcat with lights shaped like hearts on the back. Her name bedazzled to the side of each door.

"Yeah," I laugh, placing the bag in front of me and glancing around, "I like your car."

"Thanks, Amiri got it for me for Christmas last year. He got it customized for me and everything. Just wait until Tristan starts giving you gifts like that, it's only a matter of time."

I nod my head, watching her jam the keys into the ignition and pull out of the garage slowly. "Maybe. He's focused on getting us off the grid and making sure some ... things are taken care of. It might be a while before we can relax and buy nice, expensive things for each other."

"Damn. Someone after you or something?" She glances as me as she drove continuously side eyeing me. "Is that why Tristan looked so fucked up when you guys came back?"

"No, he was just ... going through a lot because of Oliver," I take a breath, realizing Italy happened as a result of Cedric. "Actually, maybe that was one of the reasons. I stole something from someone and turns out my dad killed him and started taking over his crew. I wish I was making this up... So the people sent to kill me now work for my dad."

"That's..." She blows air out of her mouth, widening hey eyes.

"Insane? Yeah. I know." I reply leaning my head against the seat.

She furrows her eyebrows, "How come you never told me or Amiri? He could've sent out a team for them and we could have handled it."

"We..." I pause for a moment, "Tristan didn't tell you guys why we left Boston? Or Italy?"

"No, he said something happened with his family." Oh, Tristan. 

"He was trying to protect me. He probably thought Amiri would think I was a liability."

"Are you?" She says as she looks over at me one last time, lingering on her words as if she knew this was how I felt all along. I leave my mouth agape before hesitating to speak. Am I?

 Am I?