3

It was early the next  morning, the students poured into the classroom with some heading  straight to their seats while others stood around and talked until the  bell. Gon was one of the former students and went to his desk  immediately after walking in.

Upon arriving in his temporary dorm room the day before, he had  discovered a pile of basic language and history textbooks, as well as a  spare uniform. He wore it to class but the fit wasn't quite right. The  shirt and jacket sagged around the shoulders and he had a hard time  keeping the pants from slipping too low on his waist. The lower half of  his pant legs puffed out a bit because they were layered over the gaudy,  green boots he wore.

Aizawa had mentioned that they would get him fitted for a proper  uniform and some new shoes, however, for the meantime he would have to  make do with what he had been given. When Gon first slipped them on to  test how well they fit, he was worried that they would slip off right  away. It was almost like he was a hermit crab that found a shell too big  for its body. Although he wouldn't complain about it out loud. He'd  experienced things that were much more uncomfortable than loose clothes,  and he was grateful enough that they gave him a uniform at all.

Once he sat down, a few students instantly surrounded his desk. Gon  could put a name to most of the faces by now and noted that the teens  who came to greet him were; Mina, Tsuyu, Kirishima, and Denki. He beamed  at the newcomers, glad to have people to talk to on his first day of  school.

"Hey Gon! How was your first night in the Dorms? It wasn't too bad was it?" Kirishima spoke first.

"Kirishima!" He replied brightly then slightly shook his head "It  wasn't bad at all! The blankets they gave me were super comfy."

"That's good to hear, ribbit." Tsuyu chimed in. Gon tilted his head when he heard the girl say 'ribbit'.

Now that he thought about it, when the students overwhelmed him  yesterday he believed he heard her say something at some point. He was  pretty sure he heard her go 'ribbit' then too. The more he thought about  it, the more he realized just how much her mannerisms and appearance  somewhat reminded him of a frog.

"Hey Tsuyu, why do you say ribbit?" Gon asked bluntly, amber eyes  alight with pure curiosity. Tsuyu was a bit taken aback from the  question that was so out of blue.

"It's because of my quirk." She responded. "Oh, and you can call me Tsu."

"Tsu?..I like that, it sounds nice!" He paused for a second,  processing the first part of what she said. "What do you mean it's  because of your quirk?"

Tsuyu had a faint blush on her cheeks from the unexpected compliment.  "My quirk is called frog. It means I can do most things a frog can do."  She answered. Gon's entire face lit up at the information he just  received.

"Whoa, that's so cool! Having a quirk sounds awesome!" He said, eyes  glittering and voice full of awe. So far quirks sounded very similar to  Nen abilities, but there were a few small things that made them  different. From what he understood, quirks were genetic and almost  everyone had them. Quirks also were a part of the person rather than  feeding off of a person's aura and they weren't chosen like Nen  abilities were.

"That's right! Hey little dude, didn't you say something yesterday  about not knowing what your quirk is?" Denki spoke up, leaning on the  desk with a look of interest. Gon nodded and was about to reply when he  was quickly cut off.

"Oh yeah, we were talking before you guys came in." Mina added, "You also said you didn't really know what brought you to UA."

The group of four stared at him with wide curious eyes. Gon looked  between them, a little lost, trying to figure out what to say. The  concept of quirks was still more of a mystery to him and he didn't know  how to explain that he woke up not knowing where he was or how he got  here. The longer it continued to dwell in his mind, the more he  considered he might as well be in a completely different world than  where he was from. Granted, no one would believe that considering the  teachers already thought he had amnesia.