19

After his somewhat eventful outing, things calmed down a little. Gon thanked Bakugou for covering for him that night, and made a point to avoid talking to Midoriya for the time being. Coming up with a believable lie to tell the teen would be difficult and he didn't want to accidentally end up saying something he shouldn't. It wasn't as though Gon didn't trust him, but they weren't quite close enough and he didn't want to risk things going awry so soon into his plan.

In the few days following, Gon continued making trips into town to gather information. He made sure to only go at night when everyone was asleep, or late enough that it wasn't likely someone would stop by his room for a visit and catch him. Each time he would be extremely cautious. So far there hadn't been any obstacles to his nightly excursions.

Although, Aizawa had begun keeping a tighter leash on the boy since the Nighteye Agency incident. Not that the man knew about that, thanks to Midoriya keeping the event to himself. However, the teacher was obviously still on guard after questioning Gon and only getting vague answers. The boy was careful not to play into his suspicions and kept his investigative work on the down low.

Aizawa hadn't yet caught on to what Gon was doing, but the man trusted his instincts and monitored the boy's behavior regardless. Thanks to his experience with a class full of trouble makers, and the little knowledge he had on Gon, he'd have to be blind to not think he was up to something.

Bakugou had also taken a different approach with the boy since then. The two had continued their routine study sessions, albeit a bit more on edge than usual.

Upon returning that first evening, Bakugou cornered Gon before going to bed. Pulling an explanation from the boy was like pulling teeth, and it took a few knocks upside the head before Gon filled him in on his little adventure. It was vague and he excluded a lot of things from his story, especially when talking about the agency. Bakugou had to fight back the urge to growl at hearing about how his rival gained an opportunity from the Number One Hero's previous sidekick. 

Seeing that Gon was going to remain as elusive as he possibly could, he eventually let him go. Bakugou hadn't mentioned the topic after that. 

Gon wasn't feeling as hyped as he once did. His plan gave him something to work with, a step in a productive direction. On his outings he'd managed to gather a lot of information. What was unfortunate was that the insight he'd gotten from asking around and talking to citizens, wasn't as helpful as he'd hoped it'd be.

The conclusion he'd drawn at the moment was; whatever brought him here wasn't from this world. 

There was no one with a known or suspected ability that related to portals, dimensional travel, and the likes. The only one that fit the description was a villain that could create portals. However, his quirk seemed limited to the plane of this reality and likely wasn't able to do things of the dimensional warping variety. Plus, it didn't help that the man was currently in prison and had been for a while.

Which meant the catalyst for him being here had to have been something from his world. But he couldn't remember encountering anything that would've led to his current circumstances.

The last thing he could recall was leaving his house on Whale Island to go visit the fishermen at the port. Everything from that point on was a blur. He wasn't even sure if he'd actually made it to the docks or not. And if it was something from his world that brought him here, then how was he supposed to get back?

Those thoughts had been plaguing him for a few days. Although he had a rough answer to his most pressing question, it still left him with a nerve eating helplessness. It made him more fidgety and high strung than normal, which in turn brought more of Aizawa's attention onto him.