9

Long  ribbons of tape zipped past the boy's face, cutting him off from the  strange girl who stood opposite him with a displeased expression on her  face. Uraraka shouted from somewhere above them and landed with an arm  outstretched toward the girl in an attempt to catch her. She easily  leapt out of her reach and moved a little ways away from them.

"Aw, that's no fun..." She pouted, casting a longing gaze  back at Gon who watched her in turn. "I wanted to get to know you some  more."

Something in the way her eyes glittered sent a shudder down the boy's  spine. There was an uncomfortable likelihood between her expression and  the way Hisoka used to look at him during the Hunter's exam. It was a  look the boy was not interested in deciphering.

"I'd say we could talk after the exam but..." Gon fixed her  with a hard stare, a knowing glint flashing through burning amber  irises. "You're not much of the talking type, are you."

He wasn't asking. He knew of the blood that stained her hands, the  little details he'd seen time and time again fighting different  opponents gave it away easily. She had no control over her blood lust  either which only further exposed her true intentions.

The pout on her lips stretched into a frenzied grin, color bursting  across her cheeks as her undivided attention was on the boy. The others  who had come to his rescue were looking on in confusion, tension  coursing through them, taught like a wire ready to snap. A giggle  erupted from her mouth and she stared, long and heavy, at Gon.

"You're really something else." She muttered.

"Gon! Do you know this crazy naked chick?" Sero shouted  from his perch on one of the plateaus. Gon was startled at the abrupt  voice and turned to face the teenager.

"Huh? No?" He replied, words laced with confusion.

"Why's she acting so friendly with you then!?" Sero grew  flustered as he gestured to the odd girl who had detached herself from  their conversation. Izuku and Uraraka were off to the side facing off  against the girl, who seemed to become much more interested in Izuku.

"I don't know!" Gon threw his hands up, exasperated. "Everyone here seemed nice so I just figured-"

A sharp hiss reached Gon's ears, drawing his attention away from the  teen and back to the side battle he had temporarily forgotten about. As  his head turned he caught sight of the girl swiping at Izuku's face,  like she tried to do to Gon earlier, but this time succeeding in leaving  a thin red line on the teen's cheek. Judging by the lack of blood that  should be beading from the cut it was a shallow scratch, probably due to  the speed in which Izuku managed to dodge the attack.

She evaded one last attack from Uraraka before hopping away, landing  gracefully on one of the other mini plateaus surrounding the small group  in a misshapen circle. With a soft whine, she flopped down to sit on  the rock, peeking out at the green haired teen from over her knees.  Leftover gray sludge left a slight speckled path up to where she sat and  a chunk of it slid from her shoulder onto the ground.

"I completed my mission but..." She pressed her face  further into her knees as she spoke, posture mimicking that of a sulking  child. "I was hoping to talk to you some more too, Deku. Well, until  next time..." She trailed off as she pushed herself to her feet. Her eyes  flicked to Gon one last time before looking elsewhere.

With a quick, fluid movement the girl flipped up and out of sight.  Sero positioned himself to chase after her and called out as he did so,  only stopping when Izuku pointed out how her clothes were gone along  with her targets, making her more dangerous.

Reluctantly the dark haired teen gave in and the group came together  behind the rock Gon and the girl had been hiding behind previously.

"What was her deal?" Sero questioned.