12

After the exam had been officially completed, the  students gathered to review their final scores. Everyone received papers  with their score and details of what they could improve on in the  future before listening to a closing speech. As the bustling crowd of  students poured out from the building, Gon focused intently on the paper  gripped in his hand.

Overall he did pretty well with a final score of seventy  eight points. The deductions came from some moments where he was  standing around, as well as carrying more people at once than deemed  acceptable. A separate note was placed at the bottom about his power  output and approachability. Although he wasn't quite sure what this  meant, he assumed it had something to do with the fact that he almost  severely injured the pro hero acting as villain during the exam (which  he still felt a bit bad about).

Outside of the testing arena the sun had dipped halfway  beneath the horizon, washing the sky with a blazing orange that  gradually faded into a pinkish violet where the night began to peek out  from the treeline. The entire class of 1-A was gathered, preparing to  board the bus that would take them back to the school.

Gon and Izuku were huddled together with Uraraka,  blooming with joy over their new provisional hero licenses. Although  he'd been through something similar once before to get his Hunters  License, he still took great pride in having passed the exam. Gon knew  he could do it and proved himself, a glittering expression on the  picture he held to show for it.

"Hey! Hey!"

At the sound of a voice shouting out, Gon lifted his  head to see one of the Shiketsu students approaching him. If he  remembered correctly, he was the guy who passionately apologized before  and the same person who seemed to have gotten the closest to Gang Orca  during the last phase of the exam. Inasa quickly jogged up to the boy,  Uraraka and Izuku watching on in interest from beside him.

"Oh, hi! You're Inasa right, from Shiketsu High?" Gon  asked once the teen stopped in front of him. A big grin was plastered  onto his face as he looked down at the boy.

"Yes! I'm Inasa Yoarashi! I'm sorry, but I don't think I  saw you at the sports festival and I was wondering if you were new?" He  bellowed, causing the three to flinch. Gon smiled brightly at him but  couldn't help the faint discomfort at having Inasa speaking at a pitch  his well trained ears found a bit painful.

"Mhm! I'm Gon, I just recently transferred to UA." He  replied cheerfully. "By the way, I saw that fire tornado thing you and  Todoroki did before, It was super cool! You didn't even have to move to  do it! The wind you used look really strong!"

Hearing the sudden stream of praise being thrown at him,  a faint blush colored the teen's cheeks. He cleared his throat,  ignoring the warmth erupting in his chest, and held a hand out to the  boy.

"Thank you very much! It's very nice to meet you!" Inasa said loudly.

"Yeah, it's nice to meet you too!" Gon shook his hand, the two adopting a bright and friendly air.

"Right! I wanted to ask you about something."

"Hm?" His head tilted to the side slightly, hand  returning to his side as curious amber eyes gazed up at the teen. The  clearness of them making Inasa hesitate for a brief second, unsure what  to make of the boy in front of him.

"Before... when Gang Orca retaliated against us, you were  there. I didn't expect to see you but you moved really quickly." He  began, the memory of that time flickering through his mind. As he laid  on the floor, weak and vulnerable, he was close enough to see the  interaction go down between the boy and the pseudo villain. Which meant  he was also close enough to feel the explosive power the kid emitted and  saw the effect that had on the pro hero. "That attack you were going to  do... what was that, exactly?"