four

Dream was gone long before the brunette woke up.

He'd thanked Quackity on the way out before leaving to find a good friend of his; a person he'd known for ages and could always go to for advice. 

When he reached the outskirts of the city, Dream found himself outside of a house that looked expensive but was really just full of knick-knacks his friend liked to collect over time. The guy was such a softie, besides the fact he was a century-old people-murdering vampire, of course. 

The blonde knocked on the door and was happy to see his ginger-haired friend answer with a smile. "Dream! It's nice to see you again," he said with a grin.

"Hey Bad," Dream exchanged as he slipped through the door and sat down on the couch. 

Bad sat across from him, studying his every feature before finally asking, "What's wrong?"

Dream made a loud, over-dramatic sigh and placed his hands behind his head. "So there's this boy, right? And he has the sweetest blood I've ever tasted, right? And when I went to, ya know, kill him, he said he liked it, which was weird, so I struck up a deal with him and now I'm not sure what to do."

Bad squinted his eyes at the blonde. "Is it like what Sapnap is doing with Karl?"

"No, no, definitely not," Dream began. "Sapnap claims he likes Karl. I don't like George like that."

"Then why didn't you kill him?"

"Ugh," Dream exclaimed with a sigh. "I told you his blood tasted amazing. Literally better than anyone else's- oh, that brings be towards another topic of this wonderful conversation," Dream relaxed impossibly further into the couch cushions, "George's sister was attacked and her blood smelled the same, well not as good but very close, so what's stopping whoever attacked Alyssa from attacking George?"

"Okay," Bad drawled out. "So, just because George's blood tastes good, you're letting him survive, trusting that he won't tell anyone about our kind, even though you met him like, how long ago? Weeks? Days?" Dream tried to cut in but Bad continued. "And then, his sister's blood, that smells like hiss, was almost drained and you basically left him alone, without any protection, to come here and ask me how you should deal with this huge problem you made for yourself?"

"Yes," Dream grinned. Bad simply looked at him with a dumbfounded expression on his face. 

"Oh," Dream started with a chuckle, "One more thing. Sapnap is mad at me, and well, Karl is too. Get this: the whole reason I even know who George is in the first place is because he moved here to live with Karl, his best friend-"

"Woah."

"-and that's not even the best part. Karl told me not to go after George and wouldn't let Sapnap help me find him, but I found George all on my own."

Bad stayed silent for a moment. "So you're going against one of your closest friends, that you've known for like forever, all for some boy with good-tasting blood?"

"Yes. Sapnap won't be mad forever and besides, in a few decades Karl and George won't even be around anymore it's a win-win."

"I can't believe you..." Bad said, putting his head between his hands. 

"Well, you have to," Dream grinned. "I came here for some advice on what to do with the vampire possibly out for George's blood, so please give me some, my wise and powerful friend."

Bad looked Dream in the eyes and sighed. "Are you just gonna kill them, Dream?" he began, his words laced with sarcasm. "Are you planning on killing one of your own kind all to save one little human's life?"