nineteen

Dream was insanely mad. 

Wilbur didn't get to do this. He didn't get to threaten George and think he could get away with it. He deserved to be dead, and have stayed dead, and no matter how guilty Dream felt back then, this was a different Wilbur, one that was completely insane.

"Don't hurt him," Dream demanded, although it came out as more of a plea.

"If you give me the book, no one has to get hurt," Wilbur offered. He tightens his grip on the knife, the blade now pushing further into George's neck. "But if you destroy the book, I'll slit George's throat before I can die."

In an effort to distract from the situation, Dream teased, "So breaking the book, breaks you?"

"We are well past that, Dream. You've known for a while." Wilbur said with an eye roll.

Dream took the chance to look at George. His eyes were cross as he stared at the hand holding a knife; he looked horrified and on the verge of tears. Dream didn't even want to try and smell his emotions in fear of whiffing something worse.

The distance Wilbur and George were from him was far. Maybe he would be able to run and grab George, but as soon as Wilbur noticed he was gone, all it took was a small push and George was dead.

Dream suddenly felt repulsed. He could now smell George's sweet, sweet blood, which meant the brunette was bleeding out.

"You're hurting him," Dream yelled.

"It's only a little blood, Dream," Wilbur smirked. "What harm can it do?"

The fucking hunter probably thought he was obsessed with the brunette's blood, that maybe he would kill George off for him instead. Little did he know, Dream was perfectly able to control the urge as of late. Ever since he realized...

"You're insane, Wilbur."

"Being brought back from the dead can do that" he shrugged.

Dream didn't know what to do. He could rip up the book, but George would die as well. But if he gave the book to Wilbur, then the hunter would never stop, he'd hunt down all the vampires until every last one of them was dead. Dream couldn't do that to his friends, but he also couldn't watch George die.

He needed an alternative.

And, luckily for him, they came down the stairs.

All of a sudden, Sapnap and Quackity were standing behind Wilbur. They'd come at a pace so fast that the hunter hadn't even noticed. Dream didn't care to ask what had happened upstairs. He was worried about Bad, but he knew the vampire could take care of himself. It was down here that mattered right now. He had to save George's life alongside everyone else's.

He knew Sapnap and Quackity could see the knife against George's throat. He knew they knew he needed help. He couldn't look at them, though, or talk since Wilbur would get suspicious. So all he did was mutter a "go" under his breath.

Quackity was quick to pull Wilbur's arm back, the knife at George's neck thrown across the room. Sapnap sped around to grab George, but before he could, Wilbur's other hand plunged in and out of George's stomach.

He had another knife, Dream thought wearily. And now George was bleeding out in Sapnap's arms while he was frozen in place.

He had to kill Wilbur now, George's bleeding could hopefully wait one more minute. So, Dream ripped up the book. He used his speed to tear the seam and rip all the pages. He was done in a less than a minute and yet Wilbur was still there, still alive and grinning.

"You bastar-" Dream started.

But Quackity cut him off. "Throw it in the fire!"

He raced over to the ugly fireplace at the corner of the room and threw the book in and prayed to whatever vampire gods were out there (Satan) that it would finally get rid of Wilbur.