thirteen

Have a lead on Wilbur. Call when you can

Honestly, a text from Tubbo and Ranboo wasn't the way Dream was hoping the day would go, but it was a good thing nonetheless.

He left George in their bed (yes they had stayed in the same bed again, George was clearly upset and needed comforting) and headed for the living room.

His thumb hovered over the green call button as he debated even calling. Eventually, he just went with it, and pressed his thumb down.

On the third ring, the Brit picked up, "Ello."

"You said you have news?" Dream prodded.

"About Wil, yeah."

"So?"

"Right. Ranboo, come here," Tubbo called out. Dream sighed.

"Right," said the American. "We talked to Tommy yesterday. He said something about Wilbur's necklace, and kept on telling us how cool it was."

Dream rolled his eyes. "I already know that. George told me."

"But do you know what it is?" Tubbo chimed in, voice suggestive.

"It's magic or something, right?"

"Oh yes," said Ranboo, "the magic-ist, it's made of Enderstone. You know, the stone that's rumored to bring people back to life."

Dream had heard of Enderstone, of course he'd heard of Enderstone. But he thought it was just a myth, a legend. His mother had told him all the insane powers the stone was rumored to have, including being able to evade death, but it all sounded nearly impossible. Hearing that Wilbur had one of the rarest gems on Earth really just made Dream want to kill the bastard even more.

"How'd he even get the Enderstone in the first place?" Dream wanted to kill whoever gave Wil the stone as well.

"We don't know. But, it has to be Phil or Techno, right?" Tubbo asked.

"Who?"

"The pink-haired guy or the older blonde dude," Ranboo provided.

"Oh." Dream really didn't like the pink-haired man- Techno- one bit. He was mysterious, and creepy, and he freaked Dream out more than actual vampires. (He would never admit this, however.) If anyone was to give Wil the stone, Dream would suspect him, but then again, the old blonde dude looked too cheery to be a vampire hunter; he was definitely hiding something.

"I did some research," Tubbo continued. "If you break the stone, the holder is supposed to go back to wherever they came from."

"So, Hell, hopefully," Dream added with malice.

"Hopefully," the Brit chuckled.

"Is there a way to get the stone from him without any fighting?" Dream asked.

"Tommy," Tubbo answered.

"Yeah," Ranboo added, "We could probably tell him we want to see it, and convince him to take it from Wil without him knowing."

Dream sighed in relief. As much as he loved fighting, he really didn't want to risk George getting hurt again. What would he do without his blood?

And, speaking of the devil, George walked into the living room right then and there. His hair was ruffled and his clothes were wrinkled in a way that made Dream want to swoon.

"Alright. You guys convince him, and let me know when you get it. I really want to be the one to murder him. I have to go."

He hung up as soon as he heard an 'okay' and turned to the brunette. "Hungry?"