eleven

Their escape from the hunters happened to be short-lived.

Just as they left the gate fencing in the mayor's grounds, Dream heard two shouts from behind, calling out to stop.

He turned around and was met with two boys leaning against the metal gate. One was tall and dirty blonde while the other was short and brunette. Both of them had small backpacks placed in front of them, and their arms were crossed in an intimidating way.

"Who the hell are you?" Dream asked vexatiously. They looked young, too young to be hanging around outside of the mayor's place.

The pair looked at each other before the blonde one spoke. "Let's just say we can help you."

Dream scoffed, George was still in his arms, head pressed into his chest. "With what?"

"Well, we know who they are," the brunette boy said nonchalantly, pointing at the house behind. "And, you could say we're the opposite."

The blonde one cut in, "Vampire helpers, if you will."

Dream eyed them up and down. "And why would you help vampires? You guys are human." It was true, he could smell them from a mile away.

"We have a friend -two friends- that are like you. They've been hunted by Wilbur and them as well, and they had to move away. We want to bring them back," said the blonde.

Dream groaned. He wanted to get George back to the apartment and be as far away from any other human at the moment, but no he was stuck here talking to some kids.

"And how would two kids like you help me?" he asked pensively.

The pair looked at each other again before grinning. "We have our resources. Specifically, a blonde boy that can't keep his mouth shut."

Dream remembered the blonde kid from before, wasn't his name-

"Tommy?"

The brunette smiled. "Yep. Been friends with him since we were kids. He doesn't even know I'm against him in our... lines of work."

Dream was a little shocked, quite frankly. If these kids knew Tommy, then they could get information on where Wilbur was striking next. They could help Dream get rid of the nuisance once and for all.

"Alright," Dream concluded. "So you guys want to take the hunters down as much as I do?"

They nodded, and then the brunette added, "Except for Tommy. He was born into that life, it's not really his fault. We can get him over to our side, but it won't be easy to get him to betray Wilbur like that."

The vampire nodded. "Yeah, yeah that's fine. I just want to see Wil's head on a platter." Just like it should have been all those years ago. He shuddered at the thought.

"We have an agreement then," the blonde one grinned. "I'm Ranboo and this is Tubbo." He then handed Dream a card. "Here's our number in case you need us. Otherwise, we'll be in contact."

Dream smiled feverishly before leaving the boys behind. He raced back to his apartment with only one thing on his mind. Revenge.

Once they got back to the apartment, Dream set George down on the couch. The brunette was very obviously exhausted, and scared, and clearly needed rest.

As soon as George hit the cold fabric or the settee, he was already out. Dream pulled down a blanket on top of the brunette, and lifted his head to sneak in a pillow.

God, when had he become so soft? It was embarrassing. Less than a month ago, he was out clubbing every other night, finding some dumb human to make out with and then sequentially murder. Now, he was only hanging around one human, and he couldn't seem to get enough of the guy's blood. He was literally addicted- and it wasn't really just the blood. He was addicted to George too.