twelve

When Dream woke up, George was still asleep.

The vampire reluctantly removed the brunette from his arms (even though it felt nice and warm) in favor of his appetite. Being close to George for so long had already made him crave more blood, so if he stayed longer, he would have been resisting the urge to bite down on the sleeping boy's neck.

Instead, he occupied his mind with figuring out how to get rid of Wilbur, seeing as it didn't work so well the first time.

George woke up an hour later. He insisted that he could make his own breakfast, so Dream sat idly by and watched, gaining more of a hankering every second.

When George was finished, Dream immediately cleaned up for him, much too eager for his own good. And George let him.

But when he picked up the brunette in his arms and settled down on the couch- George straddling his hips- the brunette stopped him, and rolled off to the side.

"What's wrong?" Dream asked ardently. He really wanted some blood, but if George wasn't in the mood it would feel a hundred times worse than usual.

The brunette didn't speak for a second, so Dream took a moment to smell the atmosphere. It ranked of fear and anxiety.

But then, George said, "We have to talk about Wilbur."

A deep groan made its way out of the vampire's throat. "What about him?"

"When I was there," George started, voice wavering, "He had on a necklace. I don't think you saw it when you came because he put it under his shirt, but it was glowing a weird purple color. The older blonde dude- I think his name is Phil- made a comment about how Wilbur had to keep the necklace away from you at all costs. I think it was important."

Dream thought for a moment. Why would he be after some stupid necklace unless it was something of major importance? Then, it clicked.

"That must be what's been keeping the bastard alive all these years."

"You think some magic necklace brought Wilbur back from the dead?" George asked, voice skeptical.

Dream grinned, "Vampires are real. Anything's possible."

"Okay, then. So if you take his necklace, he'll die?"

"Who knows? I'll need to do more research on whatever the necklace thing is," He paused, wrapping an arm around George's shoulder as he tugged the brunette closer. "We can figure that out later. Right now I'm famished."

George rolled his eyes and huffed. "Fine. But I have one more tiny little question to ask before you quench your thirst, or whatever."

"Can you ask it later?" Dream asked, eyes pleading, but George shook his head no and he pouted, "Fine."

The brunette smiled and wormed his way out of Dream's grasp. "I want to know what happened between you and Wilbur. Tell me why he should be dead."

"That's not a question."

George sighed. "Just tell me, please. I think you owe me an explanation due to my kidnapping."

"I apologized for that!" Dream whined.

"I know," George grinned. "But you still have to tell me or else I'll cry."

"You wouldn't."

"Fine," George said, getting up off the couch as he did so, "Then I'll just tell everyone that you're a vampire."

"No one would believe you," Dream scoffed.

"Dream, just tell me," George whined, sitting back down next to the vampire.