Part 21

“Who is this fag?” Jake Barked as he let go of my wrist harshly to size up Harry.

“Harry, go.” I said sternly as I stepped between the two boys, it was definitely clear to me that Jake had been drinking before he got here. “Jake have you been drinking?” I asked.

“Why does it matter?” he barked.

“You know exactly why!” I said stomping my foot.

“Why? Because of that Fucking bastard!” He spat. “That’s why you fucking hate everything! God your pathetic, did you tell him what that bastard did to you? Why are you on his side?  Huh. You barely know him.” He said pointing to Harry, this time Jake was yelling in my face, his face was beat red as he just got madder. I began to cower; I broke down in front of Harry and Jake.

“Clearly I don’t know you anymore.” I sniffled. Harry came to my side putting his hand on my back as he drew circles on my back with his thumb. “Just leave Jake; I don’t want to talk to you.” I said whipping the tears from my face as I ran back into the house slamming the door behind me, at this point I didn’t care about Jake, I just wanted him gone, I slid to the ground and pulled my knees to my chest. My sobbing died down when I herd mumbling from outside, I lifted my head just in time to see Harry slam the door behind him, his knuckles turning white from him clenching them so hard, he was breathing heavily as his chest rapidly rose and fell and his nose flared. Harry didn’t say a word; he just sat down next to me resting his elbows on his knees as he stared blankly at the wall in front of him his jaw still clenched. “Is Jake gone?” I whispered as I watched Harry’s jaw clench and release rapidly like he was grinding his teeth.

“What happened?” was all Harry asked.

“How much did he tell you?”

“His name is Blake.” He stated as he turned to face me, I watched as his eyes had softened back to his natural Green colour “And from what I herd Jake say to you, he really fucked you over.”

I took in a deep breath before meeting my eyes with Harry’s “It was about two years ago.” I said taking another shaky breath “Blake was my boyfriend, heck he was the first guy I actually thought I loved.” I chuckled bitterly “Well I was 15 first starting high school he was 17, at first things were fine, we used to hang out all the time, he would take me out on proper dates….” I trailed off

“Dates to the Diner” Harry mumbled.

“Exactly, we used to go there every Sunday morning, sit in booth 5 and talk for hours.” I huffed.

“I’m sorry Ha-“

“You didn’t know.” I chuckled “Well things started off great, but the night of our Semi-formal was what scared me, He had drank, he was drunk, really drunk. I was fine with him being drunk, I was used to it. It didn’t happen all at once, he used to call me, ask me where I was, who I was with, then it turned to me not being able to leave his sight, he began to drink more, the more drinks the more bruises. So the night of the dance Blake had taken me back to his house where he started yelling, telling me I was worthless, and saying I didn’t love him…” a lump started in my throat as I tried to continue but as I opened my mouth a sob escaped. Harry wrapped his arms around me in a hug.

“Shh, its Ok love.” He cooed.

“He raped me Harry. Jake knew, he knew everything, he was by my side when I was put in the hospital due to the concussion that Blake gave me that night, Sam was there too, but Jake vowed to stay by my side, to protect me, he promised it wouldn’t happen again.” I mumbled into his chest. Harry’s hand stopped rubbing my back as he held me out I looked down avoiding his gaze. Harry lifted my chin so I would look at him. His eyes showed sorrow and pain, it looked like he was about to cry and before I could say anything more Harry  placed his hand on my cheek causing my stomach to do summersaults as he used his thumb to wipe my tears away. “God I probably look like shit.” I chuckled.