Part 14

HAILEY’S POV

*October 29*

“Jake!” I yelled as I ran up to him giving Jake a hug. He wrapped his arms around my waist picking me up and spinning me around. Jake had been gone for the past two weeks with his football team and it felt nice to have him back.

“What are you doing tonight babe?” he asked just as Sam came skipping around the corner, a smile plastered on her face as usual.

“Hey Hailz, our One Direction Date is on TV tonight, are you going to watch?” she asked before I could even reply to Jake’s question. I could see out of the corner of my eye that Jake was the least bit interested in our conversation.

“Sure.” I said trying to sound as excited as she was, don’t get me wrong, I still loved them the boys were always going to be my favourite, I still kept up with what they were doing but not as much as I used to, I had pretty much stopped using twitter because of the constant hate and questions I was getting all because of that stupid Harry thing, if anything it was his fault. Not mine, every once-and-a-while one of the boys would send me a text if they weren’t busy. But for the most part I hadn’t talked to them. Sam on the other hand had Skyped with Niall frequently and I suppose she had talked to some of the other boys as well. The one person that had recently been under the radar was Harry; I haven’t heard anything about him in a while.

And unlike me the fans love Sam, they loved the fact that Niall had found his ‘Princess’

“Great!” Sam said tracing me from my thoughts. “You should come over to my house tonight and we can watch it together.” She added “Are you going to come?” she asked Jake with a smug look on her face.

“Ya right” Jake chuckled

“Whatever you say.” She said over her shoulder as she walked to her locker.

“I don’t like those boys” Jake scowled.

“You can’t hate them all” I stated rolling my eyes as I fiddled with my lock.

“Right, I hate Harry.” He stated.

“Fine with me I huffed as I opened the door to my locker to grab my homework. Jake waited for me to pack my bag before he led me to his car.

I sat in the passenger seat fiddling with the hem of my black ‘I <3 Madrid’ sweatshirt that hung loosely from me. I was so anxious to see the video of our date, I hadn’t watched videos of them in a long time, and I just wanted to hear them. Memories of our date stared flowing through my mind; meeting them for the first time. Convincing Harry to go on rides, having dinner with hem, laughing at Louis’ jokes, seeing them in concert, having them sing to me, seeing Sam and Niall so happy together, spending two weeks with 4/5 of one direction… and that’s when it hit me, Harry wasn’t there that two weeks, he had went back home, the only reason why we had those two extra weeks, he had moved on, hadn’t he? He must have. He left because of me though, but he met some other girl that looked like she could have been a model if she wanted to. I had seen pictures of them together a few days after the boys had gone back on tour.

Suddenly the car stopped. I looked up to see that we were already at my house. I collected my bag and started to walk to my front door, a hand grabbed my shoulder gently spinning me around, and Jake looked at me for a moment before he spoke.

“I’m just trying to protect you, I don’t want you getting hurt again.” I was silent for a moment as I closed my eyes blinking back tears, I understood what he meant and he didn’t have to explain himself any further. Jake lifted my chin up with his index finger as I fluttered my eyes open to look in his bold brown eyes filled with concern. He pulled me close to him with one arm wrapped around my waist and the other cupping the side of my cheek.