Chapter 24

Mia's P.O.V.
(Goes back to when she got back from hanging out with Luke.)

After I took him home, I went back up to the hospital for Brent. When I got there, Nick was still there. We talked for a little bit until I fell asleep.

I woke up the next morning and the nurse was talking to Nick. I figured I would just ask Nick what she said when she left. Just then my phone buzzed. I had a text.

Luke: hey Mia wanna hang today?

I listened to he nurse before I answered. "We will have to do some tests on him until about 4. I know he is doing really well but we just want to make sure he is healthy still.

Mia: can't sorry. They are doing tests on Brent all day.

Luke: until what time?

Mia: well they are doing tests until 4 but I want to be here when we get back the results.

Luke: can we maybe hang after that?

Mia: Luke I realize you want to hang out. But I just can't do this right now. It's too much stress on me because of Brent. Sorry.

Luke: it's fine. Just text me when you have time for me.

Mia: okay. Sorry again.

Luke: it's fine.

I feel bad turning him down. I know he's just trying to be nice. I think he may like me as more than a friend. I debated on. Weather or not to send him a text saying 'I'll hang with you today' I stopped myself. Why? Because I shouldn't be worrying about this. My boyfriend or whatever is in the hospital in a coma.

The nurse left, I talked to Nick about what all she said. "What did she say like when I was sleeping?" "She just came in and said that they are going to do tests on Brent until 4." "Oh. I heard that part. So she didn't say anything when I was asleep." "Nope." Good. I thought. I didn't want to miss anything good.

"What time are they going to come and get him?" "They said they would come get him around 10-10:30." "Okay."

I kept thinking, what if Brent doesn't wake up? How will I be able to live life without the best thing that's ever happened to me? It hurts to think about things like this, but they are true. I wanted to cry, because it hurts to much. Yet, I still hold back.

They come in and take Brent away. They have a few nurses because they have to have 2 for the bed and 1 for his ventilator and IV machine.

I was hungry because I haven't eaten yet. So I just go down to the cafeteria. "Want to come Nick?" I ask, trying to be cordial.

"I already ate. But I am kinda thirsty so sure." We walk out together. "Life is kind of hard and boring without Brent isn't it?" Nick asks. We get on the elevator. "Yeah. It's amazing how that one person, that means so much to you and you love so much, can change everything. I just regret the fight we got in before he went into the coma." "Yeah. I bet. I would hate to be in your position right now." "Yeah. It just sucks because I love him so much, and I miss him so much."

I started to cry. Nick came over and gave me a hug. "Don't worry. I'm here, and I miss him a lot too. I miss him probably more than you do." "I don't think that's possible." I managed to get that out. "I don't know about that." We both laughed. He wiped the tears off of my face.

We both got off of the elevator. "You can pick seething out to eat and I'll buy your food." "You don't have to do that for me Nick." "I know but I want to."

"Okay. Thank you!" I tried to pick out something that was cheap but something I would enjoy. I picked out a salad. I do need to lose weight. I got a drink too.

Nick bought me a cookie. It was a really cute and funny one. It was a yellow one with a smile on it. "Thank you Nick!" I said as I walked to the tables. I picked a booth. "Is a booth okay?" "Yeah." Instead of sitting across from me he sat next to me. "Why aren't you sitting across from me?" "Because, do you remember when we were all at Brent's house and we were playing hide and seek?" "Yeah. Why?"

"Well do you know why I did all that stuff to you?" "No. Why did you?"

"Well I've always been jealous of Brent. He gets all the hotties and all the nice girls. His relationships last forever. Then he ends up leaving me out of everything. I get really jealous and sad and I miss my 'brother' he has always been like a brother to me."

"I see. But still, you know he loved me so much, so why did you try to steal me away?" "Because I thought you were really hot and you seemed nice and all that other stuff. I got really jealous of you."

"Oh. Okay. That makes sense now." "Yeah. And I didn't realize it would ruin everything."

We finished eating and talking more. We went back up to Brent's room. After we got there, the nurse came in. "Hi, uh Brent is doing really well in all of his tests, so he won't need to stay in the tests until 4:00. He will be back in roughly 30 minutes." "Okay great! Thanks!" I said getting really excited.

The nurse left. About 10 minutes later, I heard someone coming in. I wonder who it could be. Brent's parents were both at work. So it wasn't them. Who else would it be?

The face came out from around the corner. It was Luke.

"Uh, hi Luke." I said. It came out a little angry. Oh well.

"Hi. How is he doing?" Luke asked. He sounded like he cared. "He's doing really well." I said it with a big smile on my face.

"That's good." Luke said. He ou des excited. "Hi, I'm Nick." Nick said trying to be polite. "Hey, I'm Luke." He said, holding his hand out for Nick.

"So when are they going to be done with Brent's testing?" "They said since he's doing really well he won't have to go through all of them. Just the ones that are most important."

"Well that's really good. Who is his doctor again?" "Um I don't really know his name." "Oh. Okay. I think it's my dad though." "Oh. That's cool." "Yep."

Why was Luke here? Of all people, Luke. Why? He must be up to something. But what?

A/N: Hi everyone! Okay so sorry if my updates take a little longer than normal, I'm trying to make my chapters longer!! Also I'm on spring break so I will be updating more hopefully! Comment which side you want for Mia!! #teamluke or #teambrent