- 10 -

__________________________________
New year
New month
New day

But you can't have a new you until you put efforts...

My new year gift to you ❤
__________________________________

Once I got out from the park, I had to fight with Lagos road. I had to fly into a moving bus that would stop me at my street bus stop. That was Lagos for you. We can't enter into a bus like a normal human being. We fly in and out while the bus is still moving.

Finally getting into the bus and having my uncomfortable seat at the back, something weird happened. Everyone riding on the bus was looking at me weirdly.

"Is she the one?" A school girl said to her Friend. They both had chewing gum in their mouth and popping it like the potential ashawo they were.

"Yes," Her friend gave a short response.

"Why are girls like this?" Another set of ingrate that had build her audacity, looked at me with such an expression that showed she was forced to eat her own shit. She seemed to be in my age bracket, probably older. But I could tell she was still in school judging by the series of handouts in her possession.

They weren't the only ones. Like I'd said, everyone on the moving bus was staring at me. At first, I thought I left my village without placing makeup on my face, but then realized I hardly use makeup. Why use make up when you're blessed with great gene? No one was ugly in my family.

Once I got to the bus stop, I slowly got down and let the conductor help with my luggage. He was the only one that didn't have my time and barely spared me a glance.

It took close to an hour to find a bike that would take me to my compound. I had to wait under the scorching sun, flapping every available bike so we could negotiate price. Once I finally got a bike and got down at the front of the gate, another set of weird subtle glances landed on me by passers-by. They made it look like I was nude or something.

I struggled with my luggage to my face you - I fight you compound and even there, was way worst. Ancient of days did the honour of clapping her hands and kissing her teeth loudly.

"Cherry!" My head swung to the right as the door to my room opened and Christy burst out.

"Birds of a feather," Hissed Mary while Christy helped with my luggage. On a normal note, I would have clapped back but I trailed behind Christy, feeling so confused.

"Watin dey do that oracle sacrifice?!" I finally snapped once we got into the room. "What the hell is wrong with everyone in Lagos."

I began pacing back and forth like I was trying to solve a mystery about a girl receiving death threats. "Ever since I landed in Lagos, everyone had been looking at me weirdly. They look, then talk. Look, then talk. And now I came here and that human being that had never experienced the word beautiful before had to open her mouth like a dying goat to speak to me?"

"So you've not seen," Christy mumbled to herself as it sounded more like a statement than a question.

"See watin?" The bulb turned orange and I quickly gave my phone to Christy so she could help charge it.

"I'll say it's your fault though, since you can't control your mouth. But come watch." Once Christy had helped charge my phone, she patted the spot beside her, indicating I sit which I did. She took out her phone and went straight to Twitter.

"This is everywhere o. All over Twitter. People even use it as their fleet sef. It's on Instagram, Facebook, whatsapp status, even YouTube isn't spared." Christy finally opened the post on Twitter and clicked on a video. The video had me in it, Christy and Baby could be seen in it too. At my front was Dorcas and Henry who must be her friend with benefit since he was dating actress Yemi.