- 40 -

__________________________________

More update ✨
Happy Sunday
__________________________________

It's been over a month since Henry and I started dating. My family was doing well, Abasifreke and Mary had registered for their Jamb and the rest of my siblings were back to school. Mary had informed me on the phone about Afanide's speech and how he was improving so much. She also gave me an update on how the twins were enjoying my old phone. Indeed, one man's food was another man's poison. Mary had gotten an iPhone XR for herself and Abasifreke to share.

Baby was doing well. He was getting promotions for his first single which was a hit. I even made his song my ringtone to show off my support for him. He has moved out from our previous compound to a duplex at a luxury estate. Jackson decided to move out of Henry's and into Baby's because he wanted Henry and me to have some alone time and no one wanted him to stay in a hotel till he was ready for his tour.

Christy was still in prison, she was sentenced to three years with hard labour. Yemi was getting better character-wise, all thanks to Wilson. They sometimes meet with Henry and me whenever she and Henry had a shoot or interviews.

Things were going great but I was super nervous.

Henry decided to tell me about his parents and how they weren't his real parents. They adopted him and his sisters at a young age and took care of them like their own parents. In return, he worked hard when he got that opportunity at his secondary school to make them proud and give his family a better life.

They sounded great and I was happy he was fully opening up to me. But then he broke the bombshell, I was meeting them. His parents. Meeting them meant Henry and I was getting really real.

Today was Henry's family dinner and I was expected to go with him. I tried looking my best as I wore a forest green silk dress and silver heels. My hair was packed upwards with a dark green hairpin and my makeup was done by professionals hired by Henry. I stared at my reflection in the table mirror and I gasped.

I knew I was gorgeous but I never knew I was this gorgeous. I took out my phone from my Gucci purse and took several mirror selfies, having a mental note to post them on Twitter after the family dinner.

Realization set in again and I gulped. I turned to leave the room. Walking down the stairs, I noticed Henry waiting for me at the foot of the stairs, putting on a light vintage loose shirt and brown penciled tailored trousers. Looking at his white palm, I knew it cost a fortune. He had the most beautiful smile as he stretched out his hands for me to take.

"You look beautiful," He complimented as he took a hold of my left hand and led me into the living room "Mum would be pleased."

"I'm nervous," I admitted with a shaky breath like I was just placed in a freezer. "You're about to introduce me to your parents, meaning this shit is getting real."

We were now out of his house and Henry stared at me with admiration in his eyes. It furrowed my brows as he had a playful smile while witnessing my predicament "Don't you want things to get real?"

"I do, "We got into his car. Henry sat in the driver's seat beside him. "I'm just nervous, that's all."

"There's nothing to be nervous about. My parents don't bit and trust me, they'll love you." Henry places his palm on the back of my hand in a soothing manner. "You'll do great."

____________________

We finally got to his parent's home. It was as huge as Henry's. Unlike Henry's, this place was filled with workers. I could see a gardener, a diver washing the cars, the gateway that opened the gate for us, and some maids sweeping the compound.