4

Due to the bad weather Grateful dead only performed five songs with long pauses in between but Louis didn't care. He loved it.

Harry made sure that he ate something and drank water.
"How long will this trip last?" Louis asked.

"Everything between six and sixteen hours depending on how much you took." Harry informed him and handed him the bottle of water.

"Sixteen hours? No, no, no, I can't do that." Louis whined. His heart rate went up and he started sweating.

"Hey, relax. Don't get worked up like that. You don't want a bad trip." Harry said and rubbed his arm up and down.

Louis took a couple of deep breaths and tried to calm down. He smiled.
"Thanks for looking after me. You're a really nice person."

"You're just throwing compliments around you today." Harry chuckled.

"I love everything and everyone right now!" Louis shouted and spread his arms.

"That's good. Aren't you cold? How about putting your shirt back on?" Harry suggested but Louis just waved him off.

The world was spinning and he was a part of it. He realized that he was the one doing the actual spinning and burst out in a fit of giggles. A new band entered the stage and when he realized who they were he got beyond excited.
"Yes! This band I actually heard."

Creedence Clearwater revival started to play and he started to jump around. He didn't know the first couple of songs but that didn't matter. He was ecstatic. He threw an arm around Harry's shoulders and tried to get him to cheer with him. The ground was muddy from the rain and he slipped and pulled Harry with him. They fell to the ground, Harry on top of him.
"Sorry, sorry, did I hurt you?" Louis asked and made eye contact.

"I had a soft landing. The question is, did I hurt you?" Harry asked worriedly.

"I don't think so." Louis smiled.

Liam and Zayn helped them up. Creedence started playing Bad moon rising and Louis forgot all about the fall and sang along from the top of his lungs. He was covered in mud but he couldn't care less. He had never felt more carefree.

When Creedence was done it was a little after one at night. Janis Joplin wouldn't get on stage in an hour. Louis looked around and saw a small pond or lake.
"Let's swim!" He shouted excitedly and started to strip out of his remaining clothes.

Liam and Niall protested but Harry just shrugged his shoulders and began to unbutton his pants.
"Harry! Seriously?" Liam protested.

"Well, I'm not gonna let him drown." Harry replied and took off his jeans.

Louis was already butt naked and ran toward the water in a liberating giggle. Harry was right behind him. Louis threw himself in the dirty pond and hissed when the cold water hit his skin. Harry got in as well.
"I can hear the colors, Harry!" Louis squealed and splashed the water.

"Sure you can." Harry cackled. He kept close in case Louis would think that he could live under water or something.

Thankfully Louis didn't want to bathe that long. When they got up Zayn and Liam were waiting with towels. They held them up and looked away.
"Thanks." Harry smiled.

He made sure that Louis put his clothes back on and got dressed too. Zayn handed him a joint but he shook his head.
"I need to have a clear mind."

Louis was ogling him so he turned to face him.
"Your hair is really curly. So pretty." Louis cooed.

"Thanks." Harry grinned and tried to untangle his wet hair.

"I also want long hair." Louis sighed longingly.

"Then you just have to let it grow." Harry smiled.

Louis rolled his eyes.
"My parents would really love that." He said sarcastically.

"How old are you?" Harry asked.

"22." Louis replied.

"Well, as an adult you should get to choose that." Harry replied and added, "I'm twenty by the way."

"Oh Harry, I wish that it was that simple. I wish I could be who I really am." Louis sighed.

"Why can't you?" Harry asked softly.

Louis waved his hand around.
"You know...God."

"God loves everyone." Harry said.

"That's what my parents say but I'm afraid that's just something they say... You know, that it would change if I told them about...me." Louis said.

Harry took his hand and squeezed it.
"I know how scary it can be. I thought so too before I told my mum."

Louis snapped his head to stare at him in surprise.
"Oh."

"Yeah, but she was okay with it. I don't know your parents. I hope they'll be okay with it too, just, stay safe until it's time to tell them because you have to live your truth, Louis." Harry smiled and glanced at him.

Louis looked down at their hands in wonder.
"Thanks, Harry. That made me feel much better. I have an ally, someone like me."

"There's a lot of us." Harry grinned.

Louis was about to answer when Janis Joplin got out on stage. His mouth fell open. This was one of the artists he had been looking forward to the most. He stood up without letting go of Harry's hand so Harry got up as well. Janis started off with an Eddie Floyd cover called Raise your hands. Louis' mouth fell open when she began to sing.
"She's incredible! Amazing, Harry!"

"Yep." Harry agreed.

Louis closed his eyes and swayed along to the music, clutching Harry's hand tightly. At least until it felt like he was at the Titanic when the ship went down. Suddenly everything started to lean at a 90-grade angle. He grabbed on to Harry who just hugged him and stroked his back soothingly.
"Hallucination?"

"Yeah, weird one." Louis gulped. He closed his eyes and they swayed along to the music.

When Janis got off stage it was three in the morning. There were still a couple of artists left and Louis was still high even if it felt like the drug was wearing off. Harry cradled his face to get a good look at him.
"Are you okay?"

"Yeah." Louis breathed out.

Harry smiled and let go of him. Louis felt a little disoriented for a second but then he noticed that Niall, Zayn, and Liam were taking out their sleeping bags.
"I'll let you sleep. Thanks for looking out for me."

"Louis, you're still high. Come on, we can share my sleeping bag. Are you okay with that?" Harry asked.

"Uhm, sure. You don't have to do that Harry." Louis said and blushed.

"It's fine. I don't think we'll get any sleep yet anyhow. There's still a couple of bands left today." Harry said.

He rolled out his sleeping bag somewhere somewhat dry and got a blanket and a pillow. He gestured for Louis to lay down so he did. Harry laid down next to him and tried to wrap the sleeping bag over them which only made him roll half on top of Louis. They both giggled. After some ruffling around they managed to find a position and Harry put the blanket over them. They were facing each other, sharing the pillow. Harry turned his head and looked at the stars. He started to point out different constellations. Louis listened wordlessly.

Sly and the Family Stone entered the stage and they just laid there and listened to the music. Louis tried to close his eyes but they immediately sprung open. He felt restless and exhausted at the same time. He told Harry about it.
"Yeah, acid does that. It will wear off soon. You're getting there." Harry reassured.

When the band was done performing it got quiet. Most people fell asleep. Louis slumbered but jolted when The Who started playing Heaven and Hell. Finally some rock! He put his hand under his head to support it so he could look over at the stage. He glanced at Harry just to find him looking at him instead. He didn't know what came over him but he leaned down and kissed him. Harry kissed him back and it felt great...until it didn't. Nausea hit him from nowhere. He broke the kiss just in time and instead of throwing up in Harry's mouth he puked on the grass. Harry stroked his back. He was humiliated.