Chapter 2

Lyra stared at the two animals before her, both staring her down. Several crewmates looked nervous, made even more so by the hovering figure fretting over them. Ace wasn't helping in the slightest.

"Who are you?"

Biting back a growl, Lyra just sat there and licked her paw. "I am Lyra. And who are you two?" Her ear twitched at the low growl from the larger cat.

The other animal came closer, sniffing her face before going for her behind. "I am Stephen! Whitebeard is my master. You smell nice. I like you." She got a large tongue across her back and head.

A green eye twitched as she glared at him. "That was not necessary Stephen." The overly excited dog just licked her again to the larger feline's amusement.

"I am Kotatsu. Ace is my master, I am a Spade Pirate."

"Pleasure to meet you both."

Kotatsu came closer and sniffed around Lyra, who had to resist pulling away. Personal space is a thing, does no one care about it? "I heard tales of the great Lyra." Large intelligent eyes stared into bright green ones. "It's a pleasure to meet you m'lady."

Lyra stared horrified as Kotatsu bowed low to her, a small meow coming out as she flung her paws around. "Oh my seas. Stand up!" The end came out as a hiss, "Yes yes it's me. Please just stand up. People are staring!"

True the entire deck had gone still once the lynx bowed low, followed by the large dog. No one knew what to make of it. Whitebeard watched it all with a critical eye, noticing everything occurring. He wasn't the strongest man in the world for no reason.

"What brings you to this ship mistress?"

Lyra groaned at the names, Kotatsu was definitely doing it on purpose now. That's just annoying. "I needed a ride off that island. I'm in a bit of trouble...it'll be fine. I'm planning on leaving on the next island."

Kotatsu just snorted, "Yeah good luck with that. You're one of us now, they won't let you go." She pointedly looked around at the crew watching them carefully. Especially at Ace and Thatch who were both cooing at the display between animals.

"They are all very nice. It has been awhile since I was last on a ship. Can I ask for a tour?"

The large feline bowed again and let Lyra settle onto her back. Kotatsu showed all her favorite places on the ship, best places to nap, and where to hide during storms and attacks. "This is the kitchen."

They poked their heads in to watch the flurry of chefs run about to prepare for dinner. Thatch spotted them and it led to them all pausing to coo at the adorable sight.

Neither complained at the snack offered to them, Lyra purring in contentment. This was delicious. She made sure to rub her head against Thatch's leg before settling back onto Kotatsu.

She made sure to show where all the commander's rooms were, in case she needed a place to hide. Then to the shipwright area, they were always nice to Kotatsu.

The duo ended up in one of the lynx's favorite napping areas on the deck. Tucked in the corner, Lyra slept silently on top of Kotatsu, with Stephen curled up against the feline's back.

Several pictures were taken of the trio, and several crewmates snuck over just to look at them. Everyone was completely taken by the little cat that found her way onto the ship.

~~~

Lyra prowled the ship at night, it was the perfect time to do some scouting. She traced her steps with Kotatsu earlier that day, walking it with her own two feet to remember better.

A noise caught her attention, ears twitching around. Slowing her steps, she stepped into the shadows. Instincts started to take over, pressing her stomach close to the ground as she stalked her prey.

A poor mouse found itself in her sights. Guess she could humor Thatch a bit and clean up the rodent problem here, that'll give her something to do at night.

With a gleam in her eyes, Lyra took off for the mouse effectively scaring it and sending it running. Unfortunately, Lyra was much faster than the average cat and easily caught up to the tormented thing.

Ending its misery quickly and silently, Lyra picked up her trophy and headed off for the one person she knew was up. Using her paw to hit the wood a few times just loud enough someone could hear it but not too loud to wake anyone up.

Movement sounded from the other side before the door was opened, and a pair of surprised and tired lidded eyes stared down at her. Placing her catch down at his feet, she sat and stared up at him.

His eyes flickered between the mouse and her figure, not sure what to do. It was one in the morning and their cat had just brought him a dead mouse.

Sighing, Marco crouched down and reached out to scratch her under the chin enlightening a purr from her. With his free hand he picked up the mouse by its tail and tossed it in the bin.

Lyra trailed after him into his room, jumping up onto his desk to sit and watch him work. He didn't mind her, using his free hand to stroke her head.

Green eyes read the documents he was working on, quickly doing calculations and recalling islands. All boring stuff, but most well written.

As the night wore on, Lyra noticed how tired Marco looked but he wouldn't stop. Time to take matters into her own paws.

She stood up and moved to sit on his current paperwork, licking her paw as she ignored his annoyed look. "Lyra move, yoi." He tried to push her but Lyra was unmoveable. "Lyra..." His tone took on one of warning, which she chose to ignore.

"Meow, meoooww." She bit onto his pen and tore it from his hand and walked over to place it back into the container. Next she dragged the paper towards the unfinished pile and sat on it. "Meow. Meow meow."

She was hoping he'd get the hint to go to bed, he was stubborn. "Lyra, get off yoi." He went to pick her up but she lightly hissed at him and harmlessly swatted his hand.

"Meow, meoow meow."

"I don't speak cat yoi."

Huffing she stood up and leapt off the desk to pull on his pant leg, tugging him towards the bed. He sighed and looked at his stack of paperwork but she gave another tug of his pants.

He followed her as she jumped onto his bed and waited for him to change and get in. Watchful eyes trained on him as he sighed at her, but his body relaxed into the bed. Purring happily, Lyra walked around him, lightly tucking him into bed before rubbing her head against his cheek.

She let a bit of magic flow to him, relaxing him further and making it easier to fall asleep. Once his breathing evened out, she made her way back to his desk and stared at the unfinished stack. How was she going to do this?

Spotting the ink well, she dipped a claw in and got to work. One paper at a time. She didn't know a lot of it, but she understood a great deal about ship responsibility and needs, with her extensive knowledge in that and mathematics she finished his papers with ease.

Wiping her claw off on a tissue, she dropped it into the bed before jumping to unlock the door and closing it with a flick of her tail. Now, she had some more mice to terrorize.