Chapter 11

A/N

Thanks for all the love with this book! Here's Chapter 11, its a short one, mostly filler.

Enjoy!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ace started teasing her soon after finding her coming from Marco's room one morning. If cats could blush she would be red, well she was already red but a darker red.

"You really like Marco don't you?"

They were seated up in the crows nest away from everyone and able to gossip. Well Ace could gossip, and she was his target.

Lyra just licked her paws, "Yes, he's nice and comforting to be around." She shot him a look, "Nothing wrong with that Ace."

He held up his hands with a shit eating smile. "No, but I've just never seen you stay in anyone else's room. Or bully anyone else to sleep. Or y'a know seek anyone out besides me." A finger poked her nose, causing her to crinkle it. "You should fly with him."

Flying, ah it's been awhile since she flew. "I wish I could. I can't hold the form for long, maybe when my seals are all gone I will." Ah she has a surprise for him then, he might like it a lot.

Fingers carted through her fur, "What happens if he finds you?" It was on his mind since her story, he knew she was leaving things out. Understandable but she never touched on that.

"He will kill me."

Lyra knew it would happen, knew that was the mission he planned to finish from them. Her death, without her no one could heal the other guardians. No one to keep them alive.

Ace curled his fingers, gripping her fur tightly. "I won't let that happen. I'll protect you." She was his sister now, she was family. He'd protect her with his life.

"I'll be fine. I don't want you to protect me, I don't want anyone else to get hurt for me." Not them, she'd rather run away and lead him somewhere else than risk their safety, their lives.

Lyra stilled as she felt it. Another breaking. But, how? Ace felt the collar grow hot, pulling it around to stare at the remaining two stars. Awe filled his face as one of them cracked and fell off.

Two pairs of eyes stared at it in disbelief. "Ace, pinch me. That didn't just happen." Lyra smacked her face, no not dreaming. This was real. "Oh my god. Someone broke it."

"Lyra..." Ace trailed off, a finger still tracing the remaining star. "Did he collar you?"

"Yeah..." The memories of being collared never went away, always there just hidden. "It was his way of owning me, of controlling me with his seals. I barely remember my human body or what it's like not to have this collar."

Ace scooped her up for a hug, "We'll free you. You'll be free to soar the skies and swim in the ocean again. You'll be free Lyra." Both stared up at the sky thinking of freedom.

Freedom. Such a simple word, one that Lyra used to think about so much. But now, she had forgotten what it was. Giving in to the collar and never being free from this curse.

Maybe one day.