Part 20

Casey

I wake to the feeling of something soft running along my body. My eyes flick open, seeing her head pressed to my chest, her hand running up my stomach, tracing lines and shapes into my skin. I rub my eye with my spare hand, before rolling onto my side, my eyes locking with Natalie's.

"Morning." I groan, rolling my shoulders as I bring my hand up to cup her cheek. She smiles at me, leaning forward to peck my lips while her hand stays pressed to my chest.

"Morning sleepy head." she replies, moving her hand to tangle in my messy hair.

"What time is it?" I ask, tossing a strand of her hair off her bare shoulder before kissing the empty space softly.

"7 I think? I was just about to get up to make some breakfast and take out my contacts. Do you want coffee?" she asks, propping her arm up so she's hovering over me.

"If you don't mind, yes please. Also, there's a box of tea bags in the cabinet above the stove, I'm not sure what flavor though. Next time I go grocery shopping I'll get whichever one you like for when you're here." I say, causing her to giggle as she rolls off the bed. My eyes don't leave her as she crosses the room, her back arching into a stretch. She grabs her discarded underwear off of the floor, pulling them up her legs before she moves to my drawers, pulling out a long t-shirt. She throws it over her head, before her eyes meet mine.

"What? If I burn down your kitchen and I need to climb down a window, I don't want to be completely naked." She says, walking back over to where I'm lying. She bends down, kissing my lips before her hands make their way down the back of my neck again. I groan as her fingers skim over my shoulders, causing her to stop and look down at me.

"What's wrong? Does your shoulder hurt?" she asks, running her fingers along my shoulder again.

"It's fine, coach had me doing weights at the gym yesterday morning, so I'm just a little sore." I reply, running a hand underneath her shirt and along her stomach.

"Okay, well, I'll go and make the coffee, and then I'll come back and give you a massage. I always used to have neck issues, so I know all the good exercises." she replies, winking at me before she turns away. I watch as she leaves, before sinking back into my bed. What did I do to deserve her?

I hop up from my bed, only wincing slightly at the weight of my shoulders, grabbing a new pair of boxers out of my drawer. She's right, if she does end up burning down the kitchen I don't want to be running around my apartment building naked. What's down there is for her eyes only if you know what I mean.

A few minutes later, she comes back into the room, her shirt tied in a knot around her stomach. Her glasses are back on her face, which I think I like better than the contacts. Her glasses remind me of when we were younger, when our relationship had just kicked off. I'd like to remember those times for the rest of my life, and her glasses encourage that.

The sight of her in just her underwear sets a familiar shiver down my spine, one I remember from the first time I re-met her, all those weeks ago. She bypasses me, heading towards my joined bathroom instead. She emerges, a large bottle of moisturizer in her hand.

"I'm impressed, you have moisturizer." she says, crossing the room and sitting down next to me on my bed, her knee tucked underneath her ass.

"For emergencies." I reply as she squirts a blob of the cream onto her hand.

"Alright, lie on your tummy." she commands, spinning her index finger in a rotation action.

"You're the boss." I reply, spinning onto my stomach, laying my arms by my side. I feel the bed shift as Natalie moves, her knees straddling either side of my back. With her in this position, I have to resist the urge to flip myself over and use my finger to trace her thigh.