Bonus chapter

Natalie

Nearly 8 months after the end of 'Unforgettable'

Today's the day. Today's the day I marry the love of my life, one year after I thought I lost him forever. It's been 8 months since Casey proposed, although the memory still seems fresh in my mind. We decided not to wait very long to get married, because we'd already waited 7 years to find each other again. 

For a writer, I'm really struggling to put into words how I feel about him. How he makes me feel. I'm currently attempting to write my vows while my hair is being pinned into a braided spiral of sorts. The makeup artist has just done my makeup, meaning my glasses are lain on the table next to me while everything dries. Sighing, I flick my eyes to the other girls lounged around the room. I have my 3 bridesmaids, Lera, Melanie and Persephone, as well as Mandy in the room. It may be untraditional, but seeing as I had no one to walk me down the aisle, I asked Mandy to. She was shocked at first, constantly wondering aloud why I wanted her out of all people to do so. Through some tears, I simply told her that over the past year of knowing her, she's become one of the supportive, caring person in my life, and that I wouldn't want anyone else to give me away. She cried when I told her, and she still occasionally does whenever we're together. 

"Alright, I think I'm done with your hair Natalie. Would you like to have a look?" The stylist asks, interrupting my thoughts. I grab my glasses, placing them on my nose as I take the small, hand-held mirror he's holding. I hold it up in front of me, smiling as I look at myself. I turn my head, seeing how the braid in my hair has been pinned against the back of my head, fastened by a sparkling flower clip. 

"Wow, I love it, thank you." I hand the stylist back his mirror, bringing him into a short hug before he moves on to do Melanie's hair. I sink back into my seat, an alert from my phone setting the screen alight. I look across, giggling as I see who's texted me. 

wonderboy: i know i'm probably not meant to be talking to you, but i just wanted say that you more definitly look beautiful, and i can't wait to see you

me: i can't wait to be married to you. i love you

wonderboy: i love you too

I click my phone off, just before I get another alert. It's something about a weather warning, but it's what's behind it that catches my eye. 

Apparently, Casey had someone hired to take pictures at the ice rink when he proposed, and I've had one of them set as the lock screen of my phone for 8 months now. I've probably looked at it a million times by now, but it's only now that I study it that I know now exactly what to say. I pick up my pen and paper, the words pouring out of me like never before.

...

"Okay Nat, I think it's time to put your dress on." I've only just finished writing my vows when I hear Lera's voice calling me from across the room. I dab the tissue one last time in the corner of my eye, placing my pen and paper on the table beside me. I was surprisingly able to write my vows with a limited amount of tears, but I'm sure it'll be a different story when I actually have to read them. 

The girls and Mandy have begun to mill around my dress, and I sigh softly as I make my way over to them. I reach my dress, picking up its hem and running my fingers over the delicate lace.

"Okay. I'm ready." I say quietly, dropping the edge of the dress and kicking off my slippers. 

The dress is beautiful, with flowing, off the shoulder sleeves connecting to a detailed lace sweetheart neckline. The skirt is an a-line silhouette, with small lace flowers flowing down to the floor. The second I saw it hanging on the rack, I knew that it was for me, and I still feel giddy when I look at it. It's a cool white color, which complements the lilac bridesmaids dress perfectly. Mandy is also dressed in a lilac dress, although it's a different style to the other girls' ones.