Ch.6 Revelations

***Medusa***

I watched in morbid fascination as what once was a valient warrior was now a morbidly obese being waving a rather large smoked turkey leg through the air as a wizard would yield a wand.

Her golden hair was matted and oily, she sat upon a simple chair but bulged out of it. Her legs and stomach layered with rolls of serious neglect. She didn't carry her staff and shield. Her head was not adorned with her war helmet. I didn't recognize the being before me.

Nor did I recognize the brazenly unabashed man beside her. He was of average height but was a stack of corded muscle. His eyes were dark as coal, his features rugged and alluring. He wore heavy armor with two Rams depicted mid spar on his chest piece. He was simultaneously beautiful and terrifying. His shaded five o'clock shadow only adding to his rugged beauty. His tanned skin seemed to glow in the moonlight as his brows creased in curiosity.

"Who dares call me forth?!" Athena demanded as she took a large chomp from her turkey leg before pointing it towards Becks. "Was it you string bean?" She snorted.

I took me a few seconds to reclaim my voice. This was clearly not what I was expecting....

"I did." I tried to sound far more confident than I felt.

Her cool blue eyes clashed with my own dark ones. "And who are you to disturb me?!" She demanded indignantly.

I went to open my lips when he features shifted. She dropped her turkey leg as her round, puckered face drew slack. Recognition flashed in her eyes.

"By the mercy of the gods! Medusa? Is that you?" She all but whispered.

I stood taller, pushing my shoulders back and chest out. "It is. And we have unfinished business to handle." I hissed, allowing my rage to reinfect my veins and remind me of my purpose.

A smile broke out across her face as she attempted to force herself from her chair. Her companion grasped one of her forearms and began to assist until she stood unsteadily on swollen feet. She wobbled without an ounce of grace until she stood within arms reach of me. She braced herself heavily on the Altar table as she studied me closely.

"Is it really you?" She implored, her voice hoarse with some unknown emotion.

"It is Me. The monster you created is here to show you the tricks she learned." I rebuked.

"Monster?!? Medusa, what are you talking about? I've scouted the world looking for you! You were my most coveted!" Athena shrieked.

"Coveted?!? You damned me after what Poseidon did to me! I cried out to you, begged for your assistance! Pleaded that you save me and when you finally show up far too late the damage was done and ...and ..YOU PUNISHED ME!" My voice grew with rage.

"Medusa, you've got it all wrong..." She whispered as guilt invaded her features.

"Do I? Enlighten me then before I gut you like the pig you've become." I spat.

Hurt shined through her eyes as she nodded a few times fighting back tears. No! I would NOT feel guilty for this goddess. She felt no guilt for what happened to me. She punished me!

"I was a much younger goddess back then. To call me naive wouldn't have been wrong. I'm not proud of what happened to you Medusa. You were my most cherished priestess. So devoted, pure and faithful. I didn't deserve you. When my Uncle did...what he did.." she eyed me sympatheticly."Well, I didn't know what to do! I knew my father wouldn't stand for me to retaliate against his brother and further the contempt war. And Posiedan would've wiped this Temple from existence with the flick of a hand. I felt powerless and above all else, I felt I failed you. I knew Poseidon was aware of how much I favored you. He wouldn't have stopped Medusa. He would've come for you over and over again. If he could've had you with child, he would've just to spit in my face. He hates me because of what my father did to him. I'm part of a feud I had no take in! My father is ascended, ruling the heavens and here I am, his most prized daughter, down here amongst mere men." She sniffled.