Epilogue

***Ember***

Skoll and I made it back to the Temple and were ascending the steps when a cloud of smoke stole our breathes. We backed up and coughed to clear our lungs. Skoll immediately took a protective stance. He pushed me behind him and was at attention.

I peeked over his shoulder just as a man stepped from the cloud. His hands were clasped behind his back. He wore black slacks,a nice black button up shirt that was rolled up to his elbows. His eyes were black as well as his perfect cut hair. His five o'clock shadow clung to a chiseled jaw. He was simultaneously peaking my curiosity and scaring the shit out of me.

"My Lord." He bowed his head to Skoll.

"Cut the shit Daeman. I've told you not to call me that." Skoll bit off.

"But that is what you are. Just because you run from it, doesn't make it untrue." Daeman replied dryly.

"What is he talking about? Who is he?" I whispered in Skoll's ear.

Daeman brought a hand to his chest and feigned hurt. "Didn't even tell the pretty lady about us brother?"

Wait. Brother?!?

"What's to tell?" Skoll challenged him.

"Oh, now come on. It's a fascinating story. You left a whole world behind. Literally. I'm sure she'd like it. Doesn't paint you out to be a pitiful, selfish heir to a failing kingdom that you left to die at all. Oh, wait." Daeman leveled his eyes.

"Skoll, what is he talking about?" I whispered.

Skoll shook his head. "I told you that I didn't want it. Why can't you take it? You would be next in line."

Take WHAT?!? I wanted to shake Skoll until he spilled the details.

"We both know why I can't Skoll. There's an order in place for a reason. Stop this foolishness now! No more playing house, it's time to come home! Father is in his death bed." Daeman harshly said.

Skoll's shoulders dropped. "How bad is it?" He whispered.

"Bad enough. Like it or not, your a dragon lord. And sooner than some of us would like, you will be crowned THE dragon lord." Daeman's voice broke.

"Dragon Lord?" I asked. I had heard that term before. That's what Athena had called Skoll. A dragon lord.

"So many secrets Skoll? Sometimes, things in the dark merely lay in wait opposed to just fading away." Daeman answered. "It's time to put this foolishness aside. Come home. Your family needs you. Our people need you. Fath-father needs you." He continued.

"I-" Skoll started.

"No! No excuses! Enough is enough brother! You've been selfish too long. Time to step up to the plate and face it!" Daeman raised his voice, cutting Skoll off.

"What is going on here?" I asked again as I stepped from behind Skoll.

Daeman's face softened. "I'm sorry your caught up in all this....family business. I'll tell you what, I'll give you a day or two. Talk to her. Maybe she can help you do what's right."

Skoll glared and growled at his brother. Daeman looked unfazed.

"Either way, when I return, you ARE coming with me. Even if I have to drag you back kicking and screaming. It's time to face the past Skoll and do what's right. It's time to take your place. Play times over." Daeman said before disappearing in another cloud of black smoke.

"Soooooo...you have a brother?" I drawled out.

Skoll slumped.

"And your a dragon lord? What is that?"

Skoll spun me forward and trapped me in his arms. We stood this way, him resting his chin on my head until he collected himself. He finally stepped back and took a deep breath before he stole mine with four little words.

"We need to talk."

🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟

Hello Beautiful People!
What a journey so far, am I right?
As I've already disclosed, I will be doing a book 4. I've told everybody's story except for Skoll's. So get ready for the next step in the Born To Burn series.

With that said-

I've made an earlier announcement telling you I will be stepping away from this series momentarily. I need time to plot out the intricate workings of "Rise of The Dragon Lord." I put A LOT of thought into my characters and plots. This book will have my trademark hidden gems and a host of New characters. You already met one!
Daeman, mysterious brother of Skoll.

I'm also still completely open to new and exciting characters to build! I love those that don't often get to shine.

Before I get off track any further...

The other reason I'm taking a break is to write a new book. I'm not certain if it will be a series as well, that depends entirely on how the characters develop. I've gotten SO MANY requests for a werewolf novel. I decided to give it a try.

But you all should know me by now, I'm not planning your typical werewolf tale. Those have been told so many times before. Girl gets broken, finds a big bad alpha to chase all the bad things away. Somebody kidnaps girl, war ensues! Alpha gets girl back and they live happily ever after....

Nope. Mine will be something different. I hope to weave an awesome story that is full of all the tea!

As always, thank you all for your support,comments, messages and suggestions. I do my best to try to respond to every comment, so I apologize if I missed yours. But know I'm always reading them and take everything into consideration. :)

Oh, and guess what? We're on Amazon now baby! Please support me there as well. I've kinda got the writing big and would be amazed to pursue a career doing what I love! ❤️❤️❤️

So, on to the next one shall we?